Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Barfield Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 08, 2016
Angel Hollandsworth. One of the best teachers I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and a really great person. She really and truly cares about her students. Count yourself lucky if you end up getting her as your child's kindergarten teacher.

Barfield Elementary School 3

Posted January 08, 2016
My daughter's kindergarten teacher was outstanding. She has written, verbal and math homework every night of the week. Now in her first grade year she gets almost no homework at all and the communication from her teacher is almost nonexistent. It seems as though her current teacher is doing the bare minimum and nothing more. I really loved this school last year but now we are looking to move our daughter to a new school next year to avoid issues like this again in the future.

Barfield Elementary School 3

Posted September 28, 2015
Barfield is an average county school. It focuses heavily on good character skills ...which I like a lot. I do feel that some of the teachers here lack the desire to teach. It seems as if they have taught a long time, and are just tired of it. We have had 2 teachers and both are very stand offish and have relayed little to no information on how my child is doing. There seems to be no proactive approach from the teachers to help a child that may be struggling. You basically have to wait for progress reports/report cards to find out if your child is struggling. I'm not sure if the staff is just overwhelmed here or tired of teaching. If I had it to do over again-I wouldn't pick this school zone in rutherford county to live in. The front office staff is also very rude. If you need early dismissal or just want to eat lunch with your child you are treated as a huge bother. I expect a little friendliness from a employee that chooses a career that involves working with little kids. I would prefer to walk into a kind and compassionate environment at an elemetary school. It would be great if the staff used "character counts" as their motto to!

Posted May 09, 2014
We are finishing out our third year at Barfield and I have zero complaints. Our teachers and faculty are absolutely the best in Murfreesboro. I am lucky enough to be able to volunteer in my children's classrooms and see first hand the respect, genuine love and attention each child receives. Not only by the teachers, but the EA's, and each adult who works at BES. Mrs. Goodwin is amazing at what she does and she runs a tight ship - she backs up her teachers and supports them, but also holds them to incredibly high standards and holds them accountable if needed. I am thrilled with Barfield, and my two daughters also love their school!

Posted February 25, 2014
i am a student that went to this school and i am now a freshman in high school. honestly, there is no other school better than this one! this school is the most amazing school you can go to! the teachers will guide you and help you through anything and everything, that you need assistance with! the principal is excellent, in every way!

Barfield Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2014
This school has been a major disappointment! My children transferred from an excellent Murfreesboro school where they both excelled with very competent, engaging, and caring teachers year after year. This year we have Barfield teachers who show no concern for the children, don't acknowledge "above grade" work, and generally fail to offer any meaningful encouragement. However, they are very quick to discourage by distributing "marks" for even the slightest infraction. In fact, the whole school culture is oppressive in that absolutely anyone who has ANY interaction with a child, no matter how brief, also distributes "marks". Efforts to communicate with these teachers and the principal have been fruitless. My daughter, who came to this school reading 3 levels above her grade and attending every "good behavior" party at her previous school, is now begging to return to her previous school. I've spoken to a number of dissatisfied Barfield parents - I wish more of them would post so others would have a more balanced view. I'm sure this school has a number of caring, competent teachers, and I hope we are fortunate enough to get them next year, but school shouldn't be a carp shoot.

Posted July 30, 2013
Me and my wife love this school. The staff is top notch and the communication is above and beyond. I only wish I had this when I was a kid.

Posted April 29, 2013
This school is awesome! My daughter is in the kindergarten readiness program and I can't say enough about how great this school is. There is daily communication from the teacher and the school, Mrs. Goodwin helped my daughter through a difficult time with her behavior and now she is doing great! I can't recommend it enough!

Barfield Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2013
Barfield, in my opinion, is not the school for your child if he/she faces special challenges outside of the plain and obvious. Their challenges may render this response: "these concerns are dealt within the classroom by the general education teacher"...the one who didn't study speech/ language disorders and pragmatics, the one who didn't study attention problems, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, ADHD/ADD, dyslexia, how to help a kid that can't button their pants, hold a pencil correctly, etc. (SPED folks who did study are lacking in providing the right help). A teacher who isn't knowledgeable to accommodate your child's specific needs is the one left to address such concerns, without much guidance. Not teaching children how to apply what is learned isn't true teaching. Helping a kid make a good grade or score isn't teaching. Helping a kid learn something that they can apply in everyday life, and teaching to their specific learning style and needs is true teaching. I'm very disappointed in this school because I don't feel that the administration and the majority of it's teachers have come close to meeting my child's needs. Good luck if your child is being bullied.

Barfield Elementary School 2

Posted November 14, 2012
My child is enrolled in this school. I am told there are 500 out of 1100 students in the Tier II program (K-5). How can this be a competent school of teachers and leadership? Basically, what children were taught last year (and so far this year) was not taught properly if almost half of the school is in Tier II in my opinion.

Barfield Elementary School
350 Barfield Crescent Road, Murfreesboro, TN  37128
Last modified Barfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Barfield Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top