Murfreesboro, TN

Posted April 22, 2013
Central Middle is not Central Middle anymore! It has been Central Magnet (6-12) for 3 years now. It has a FABULOUS staff that love the students and encourage their best. The class sizes are small, which promotes better relationships between the students and teachers. My daughter has been there since it became Central Magnet and has loved her time there!

Posted September 22, 2009

Posted January 14, 2009
I am a student at Central, and I have had the time of my life. Every sutdent is treated equally. If a student struggles with a subject, they provide intervention classes, where every student struggling in that area, will go to a certain classroom and get the help they need. The people of Cenrtal Middle School, want to 'acheive and maintain excellence'. The amazing faculty provides a great education for everyone. Therefore, if you know someone that goes to Central, or if even you attend Central, we aren't just 'those people' at CMS, WE ARE CENTRAL MIDDLE SCHOOL!!

Posted October 23, 2008
I am a student at central middle school. I understand that Central has had a lot of mixed reviews. In fact, before i came to Central i was scared to death. When i came to central i felt like an idiot for even thinking that. Central has an amazing faculty that always has you in mind. You can't always beleive what you 'heard through the grapevine' because its usually wrong!! As a student they lay a lot of responsibilities on your shoulder. It might seem rough in the beginning but Mr. Holman is just preparing your for life. At Central a strict dress code is enforced. Mr. Holman beleives that we should always look respectable. At central there is a very large diversity in the teachers and students, anywhere from balck, white, mixed, hipanic, chinese, japanese, and so many more. I highly recommend Central Middle School.

Posted August 30, 2008
I am a student at Central. I was incredibly nervous about attending Central before i came beacuse of what i had heard in the past. But, once i got there i realized that Central is just as good as any other school in Tennessee. The principal alyways has us in mind. The caring staff and amazing people make this school great. I have made some friends there that i know will always have my back. If you ever send your child to central don't second guess your self. They will have an amazing school experience. At central they have something for all skill levels. The things our principal tell us are life skills that otherwise we would never know. I also love the fact that there is so much diversity of people there. Central is a great school and i highly recomend it.

Posted July 05, 2008
Central recieves mixed reviews due to personal experience with the school. Central has changed completely from what it was. Central is a very high order educating school that challenges students to do thier best. My expeience with central has been nothing but good. From the teachers, staff, and adminstration. The one thing that I remember stated, I think it was an adminstrator 'If you you show me a Perfect school, I show you a school i would not want my child to attend'. this is true in so many ways, any good school will have growth, if there is no growth to be had their is nothing to strive to achieve. Parents don't seem to understand that schools rise and fall with the committment of not only the principals and the teachers, but also with the students and parents. I highly recommend and look forward to the future of CMS!

Posted March 16, 2008
Central lacks quite a bit in being a middle school It is basically the only middle school for which all of the inner city children attend. Therefore, the teachers and staff have a tendancy to treat all students as if they too are inner city kids. I am a single mom, and they didn't even show respect to me when I had to come and once again deal with them. I moved out of the city to get my son out of this school, if you can keep your child from going to this school, please do it at all costs. Especially if you have mixed kids, they seem to still be in the sixties about that.

Posted November 06, 2007

Posted August 27, 2007

Posted July 02, 2007
My son attend Central Middle for both 7th and 8th grade. His first year there was great but 8th grade year lacked a lot. The administration doesn't care that substandard education is taking place. My son's mini school would get 5-10 minutes to eat there lunch, were held in the auditorium for 3 hours while a locker check took place and were not educated for the first 2 weeks of school. This school is the poorest run school I have ever been apart of.

Central Middle School