Bad
Good

Posted January 13, 2016
This school is truly like one big family. Incredibly kind and well educated staff. The best atmosphere for learning you could ever put your child in.

Posted August 09, 2011
My son transferred to MSC after attending City Schools. The change was quite dramatic to say the least. After being in a school where he was not challenged and came to dread school, he is once again passionate about his studies and loves to go to school! The teachers and staff are very approachable and WANT to help the students succeed. The school is very organized and well administered. The PTO encourages parent involvement and has helped to improve the school and learning environments. And, the parents are genuinely interested in working to help their students be successful in school and learning. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to anyone who might be looking for a successful, challenging environment that maintains high learning standards and open communication with parents, students, and teachers. My only regret is that my son did come here sooner.

Posted March 16, 2011
My son is in Kindergarten at McFadden. This school is a choice magnet school and children are tested to be allowed into the school. Academics are rigorous even at the Kindergarten level. Children are taught responsibility and independence. They are challenged and are expected to be up for the challenge as the academic programs there are accelerrated and rigorous. Our experience so far with the Teachers and Staff has been excellent. All are involved and in constant communication with parents through emails, etc. There are lots of opportunities for parent involvement at the school as well. We love this school and our son is thriving!

Mcfadden School Of Excellence 1

Posted November 16, 2010
You do not want you child at this school!! Teachers there will not help your child at ALL if they do not understand ANY of there work. I was told by 2 teachers, we do not have time to stop and explain, we teach what they need to know and keep moving! This is the snooties school you will ever visit and teachers you will ever meet!

Posted October 22, 2010
I have two children at McFadden and feel so fortunate that they have the opportunity to be there. McFadden opens its arms to parent involvement and has awesome teachers who care so much about your children while motivating them to do their best work. The Principal keeps a good balance between academics and kids being kids. We love McFadden.

Mcfadden School Of Excellence

Posted November 09, 2009
I have 3 children at McFadden (grades 7th, 5th, and 2nd). We've been there for 5 years and are very pleased with the curriculum, administration, and extra-curricular activities. My children are getting a private school education without the cost and with an accelerated group of children that are all capable of moving at the same advanced pace. The families are all terrific and involved. I feel truly blessed that my children are at McFadden, safe, happy, and thriving.

Posted May 04, 2008
McFadden is an awesome school. The location is in a questionable part of town but I love it. I transfered from Barfield in the 4th grade and have been treated well. I am in the 8th grade now and am just about ready to graduate. I have been really challenged and am happy with all the teachers. The principal is pretty fair I think..

Posted November 11, 2006
I have been going to McFadden and I love it. I started in 4th grade and I'm in 7th now. the programs are amazing, and so are the teachers. the music opportunities are endless, and art is so nice and put together, and the sports are the best I have seen in a while. the extracurricular activities are very nice, there are a lot, but the only problem is that the school is sooo small that they've had to cancel a couple of sports, (Girls soccer, lacrosse, girls football) the parent involvement is outstanding, everybody knows everybody, overall its just a nice school, but the location isn't what I would pick, its out in the middle of town in the 'Rough' part of town but kids from all over the county can come.

Posted August 07, 2006
My son has finished 8th grade at McFadden and we have loved every year there and will miss all of the teachers and kids. He will never forget so many of the friends he has made there.

Posted February 23, 2004
This is our daughters third year at McFadden School of Excellence and we couldn't be more pleased. We highly recommend this school to any parent who wants their child to reach their potential.

Mcfadden School Of Excellence
221 Bridge Avenue, Murfreesboro, TN  37129
Last modified Mcfadden School Of Excellence is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.