Murfreesboro, TN
Students enrolled: 1,838

Posted June 22, 2014
Oakland High has a culture that nurtures academic achievement. I can't think of a another that I would want my children to attend.

Posted April 13, 2014
I am currently an Oakland High School senior, and I would give it six stars if I could. I stand firmly by the statement that OHS will give you the most well-rounded and personalized high school education out of all 6 high schools in the city of Murfreesboro. The faculty and students are in general dripping with benevolence and love. The faculty as a whole are working to help students achieve their greatest potential. A few other reviews complained of subpar faculty and administration, and I would have to agree to an extent. The administration can be sometimes arrogant as a whole, but most of the time they do a good job and are fantastic people. The teachers are hit or miss(generally try to avoid coaches of any sport), but when you get a good one they do an incredible job of teaching and doing anything to help the students(staying extra un-paid hours, etc.). Sports are excellent(check the stats), clubs are generally good, and the academic programs simply take the cake. IB, engineering, art; they all rock. Not to mention about half of the building is just a few years old. A high school experience is what you make of it, and OHS is a great place to make it an amazing one.

Posted February 17, 2014
Oakland High School is a hidden gem. We are moving just so our son can go to this school.

Oakland High School 4

Posted November 07, 2013
I currently go to oakland high and I can definitely say that if you're going there to participate in IB, it's great. The teachers and staff of the IB program really challenge you and help you out if you need it. Musical education is fine this year and so are many of the sports.

Oakland High School 3

Posted July 30, 2013
This was a first year here for our kids & the teachers want to help the students at times and other times they don't. I was in the middle of the road till midway in the school year when a teacher told her class she wasn't sure why the principle was still running the school she hates kids. I was not impressed by the principle either but, in a classroom setting w/ kids is not the place to talk about things like that.

Oakland High School 1

Posted February 03, 2013
administration doesn't take effort to improve the student body activities. school events are plain and simple no frills. yearbooks are awful. school lacks originality . boring school but students are nice.

Posted April 27, 2010
The leadership is excellent as they focus on academics. They have the IB program which is very rigorous and a challenge for students seeking tough courses. The school offers good athletics to students. The staff are very responsive and proactive on safety and discipline issues.

Posted December 08, 2009

Oakland High School 0

Posted November 19, 2009
i currently go to Oakland..i moved there a couple of months ago...and i love it...its a really nice place to go..they are on top of things...when someone asks me do i miss my old skool i say no i only miss my friends...but Oakland is the place to be!!!!

Posted November 13, 2009

Oakland High School
2225 Patriot Dr, Murfreesboro, TN  37130
Last modified Oakland High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakland High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top