Bad
Good

There is nothing wrong with the academic programs offered at Riverdale High School. I find it humorous that those that have complained in some of these reviews have numerous grammatical and spelling errors in their posts. That in itself should tell you whether to count or discount their opinion. My daughter is a straight A student at Riverdale who also excels in athletics. I have not found Riverdale to favor athletics over academics. I actually find it to be a nice balance at Riverdale. There is PLENTY of time in life where kids will have to "study study study". I know as I am a chemical engineer and received a full-paid college scholarship based on academics. Riverdale lets kids be kids without sacrificing their education. I am a satisfied parent and my 14 year old daughter LOVES Riverdale. It is truly a "win-win" for all.

This school is horible!! They do not look out for the best intrest of child. I would never refer anyone to enroll thier child in this school!

I've had two children attend Riverdale High School. One graduated(2011), my other child is set to this May(2014). This school is horrendously lacking in preparing their students for life Beyond High School. They are given Absolutely no direction. My eldest graduated High School in the north. The school counselors actually Did Something to prepare him for college. Or if he so chose to go directly into the workforce? He would of then been groomed as to how to succeed in that endeavor. He did not, he chose college. Riverdale fails children educationally. They put their money, their focus on Sports! Football, Baseball&Pep Rally's! I did my two youngest children a great disservice by having them attend this school. If your child's (successful) future is of great importance to you? If it's not all about sports for your child and yourself? Riverdale is not for them. It's mostly the guidance counselors who give absolutely no direction. A handful of teachers are exceptional. Though when it's All Not There? The whole package? The student suffers. Please do your research prior to enroll ing your child here. It's a decision that will last a lifetime.

I have a daughter that attends this school and the opportunities this school offers compared to her old school are amazing. The teachers are helpful, the school has a good learning environment and many opportunities for kids to get involved.

Riverdale is a decent school. I went to Oakland before hand and switch to Riverdale my junior year. People wise, RHS is great. Everyone is friendly and so is the faculty. It is very laid back, unlike Oakland. I enjoy is here socially. But, on the academics side, it is very very lacking. I took IB at Oakland and am now in AP at Riverdale, and I can say AP is a huge joke. My Advanced Honors classes are more educational than AP. The Spanish department is great. I can say at Riverdale my education has down graded from Oakland. I have not learned much here and I feel that has greatly impacted my feelings towards public highschool.

Currently, I am a senior at Riverdale. I have been attending this school for 4 years and am very impressed by it. Yes, the school helps fund athletics, but it has also helped to improve the school throughout. You can actually get a fantastic education while having a lot of school spirit. They offer so many accelerated classes that prepare students for college and all the teachers I have had have actually wanted to see students succeed and learn. I highly recommend that students attend this school, take several of the advanced courses, and participate in a few of the many clubs/sports they offer. Personally, I have been in 7 different clubs/sports, taken at least 14 Honors/AH/AP courses, and will have around 14 college credit hours when I graduate. Truly, the people who are saying the school is just about sports are wrong because I am walking proof that you can get a good education out of going there if you just sign up for the right courses.

I went to Riverdale for two years, switched over to Blackman and realized I did much better academically at Riverdale, so I came back for my senior year. Plus, I had a tight-knit set of friends I wanted to keep here.

The facility there makes the school amazing. Mr Nolan is the best principal becauses he's nice and acts like your best friend. The school itself wasn't strict which is what makes student enjoy it more. I never had a teacher I didn't like and every teacher I had, I loved because I was able to connect with them. The athletic department is one of the best! all the teams are competitive and amazing at what they do! Overall, I loved my time at RHS and the programs they had to offer!

We have a great student body and a wonderful principal who really cares about our students. The pep rallies are the best in the state, possibly the country.

I had four kids graduate from Riverdale in the past 10 years. None were athletes. All did very well in college. It's much more than just a football school. The arts programs are improving each year. Academics are somewhat teacher dependent but with parental involvement a great education can be obtained.

Last modified Riverdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.