Murfreesboro, TN
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

While the mission at MTCS is provide an education based on Christian values and academic excellence in a nurturing environment that will prepare students to become responsible, productive members of the home, church and community, we never claim to be the right school for everyone. We strive to love and care for each and every child and family here but as we don't live in a perfect world this is not always successful. Our daily prayer is to help each child to be successful in life while learning to love God in a positive enviroment.
February 28, 2013

Middle Tennessee Christian School 1

Posted December 01, 2014
This is a money-hungry desperate school! We were not refunded our $250 registration fee after only 3.5 days of childcare service. We were asked to leave no choice of our own. Our 4 y/o son was expelled from the MTCS Pre-K program after only 3.5 days of service. We only heard he was violent and defiant when we were asked to leave on Day 3.5 no prior indication was given. It appears they admit that their staff could not handle our son's needs. He has since been re-enrolled in another Pre-K and has been thriving there for 2 months as of today. They are refusing to refund any of the $250 registration fee that we had to pay when we enrolled him, and state it was to pay to have their administration to enter him in the computer. They essentially deceived us that they were a great school, and are now refusing to admit any fault on their side. We were told they would PRAY for us, but we cannot return. We would have never paid the registration fee if we knew he could be terminated within 3.5 days of enrollment, and I don't know anyone who would. Stay far away from this place, and if you love your child put them somewhere else.

Posted June 15, 2014
This is an awesome school! We were new this year due to a family move. My child was apprehensive about changing schools but that quickly gave way to loving his new school. The students there quickly befriended him and it quickly seemed like he had been there forever. The school is big enough to offer all kinds of sports, arts and extracurriculars but not so big that you are just a number. Teachers know all the students and are quick to give extra help. The Christian emphasis is a welcome breath of fresh air in an educational world quick to try and remove all religion from the classroom. In addition to top notch academics, students have Bible classes and chapel. The school has a campus minister and there are all kinds of service opportunities. My son grew not only academically but spiritually as well. MTCS has been a great experience!

Posted June 11, 2014
MTCS is a great school that is continually improving! My little one had some trouble with math. His teacher recognized the problem & discussed it with the learning enrichment teacher. So, he gets one on one help twice a week. No red tape, no writing up an IEP, no qualifying for special ed- just caring teachers providing what he needed right away! Love this school!

Middle Tennessee Christian School 1

Posted February 06, 2013
There is nothing Christian about this school...they do not enforce anti-bullying situations...the richest, board members, large dollar donors and their grandchildren are untouchable in anything they want to do. It is ALL about money to them. We are now in public schools and the care given by the teachers and staff are far superior than anything at MTCS. I have been around many students and graduates of MTCS and some of them are the hardest drinking, fowl mouthed, lust driven, 'better than thou' people in our workplace. We have experienced both MTCS and public schools...have you?

Posted March 07, 2011
I am an alumni of MTCS. My father and his four brothers and sisters attended MTCS. I attended pk3-12. My graduating class of only 48 students attained $3 million in scholarships. I happen to be a son of a faculty member and for those of you that have been misinformed we faculty/board of trustee chidren are not treated any different than any other student. I'm currently in college and I don't think I could have been more prepared. Thanks to MTCS I have held on to my Christian values and they actually grew stronger throughout being a student at MTCS. Yes, the school is expensive but the price is well worth it. MTCS is not a government funded school so they have to get money somehow. Education is one of the most important investments in life and I believe that if you want your moneys worth you need to consider MTCS. I had a good friend that decided to leave MTCS because he thought that public school would be a lot better. On his first day at public school he was offered drugs three times. Needless to say, by day 2 or 3 of the school year he was back at MTCS and eventually graduated from MTCS. Jordan Watson

Middle Tennessee Christian School 3

Posted April 16, 2010
I heard many good things about MTCS, so we decided to start with the summer day camp last year. We were very disappointed. My daughter is very social and loves learning! Her teacher and part time caregivers were not very friendly and didn't seem happy to be there. The regular school year program may be better, but we were so unhappy with the summer program that we changed to another school. It has been the best decision!! We've had no problems at all and our daughter is so happy. My input for improvement would be to have more engaging teachers / caregivers for the summer program. When we were there, they seemed unhappy to be there and disinterested in the children. Hopefully this was just an isolated situation, but it was enough to make us move on to another school.

Middle Tennessee Christian School 4

Posted March 02, 2009
I love MTCS. It has many things to offer and I feel like I have many oppurtunities. The only thing I dislike about MTCS is the favor shone towards teacher and board members children. Overall, MTCS is a great Christian School.

Posted February 28, 2009
MTCS is very family-oriented and provides an invaluable Christian education. The teachers are top-notch: they go out of their way to help the children succeed and are never afraid to offer a hug or praise.

Posted September 21, 2008
Excellent school. I attended MTCS K-12 as a student, and now my children attend there! We are very pleased with their education, and are even more pleased with the Christian teachers and administration who guide them!

Middle Tennessee Christian School 3

Posted January 13, 2008
MTCS is a great school overall. My only complaint is in regard to the lack of help from the guidance counselor.

Middle Tennessee Christian School
100 E Mtcs Road, Murfreesboro, TN  37129
Last modified Middle Tennessee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Middle Tennessee Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top