PK-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

While the mission at MTCS is provide an education based on Christian values and academic excellence in a nurturing environment that will prepare students to become responsible, productive members of the home, church and community, we never claim to be the right school for everyone. We strive to love and care for each and every child and family here but as we don't live in a perfect world this is not always successful. Our daily prayer is to help each child to be successful in life while learning to love God in a positive enviroment.
February 28, 2013

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Posted January 15, 2016
As a former student now alumni, I do not have enough room on this page to tell you all of the amazing, life-changing experiences MTCS has to offer. I came to MTCS in the 9th grade nervous, but excited to see how my high school career would take shape. I was immediately taken in by my classmates and formed strong relationships with my teammates and coaches when I joined the soccer team and that helped make my transition from public school to private school seamless. It did not take me long to realize that much more than just my academic health was being cultivated and nurtured. Chapel, daily bible class, prayer groups lead by teachers, and service opportunities in the community are just a few of the examples of how MTCS cares for the spiritual health of each student. The teachers at MTCS became much more than just teachers to me. They became my advocates, my supporters, my prayer warriors, my mentors and my caregivers. Having teachers and the staff caring about more than just academics helped shape the whole person I am. I was able to clep out of two semesters of Beginner Spanish, one semester of English and take College algebra while I was still in high school because the teachers prepared me to succeed and cared about more than just academics. The instilled confidence and empowered me to become the person and student I wanted to be. There are very few schools who are capable and able of serving the whole student Spirit, Mind and Body. MTCS is one of those places. MTCS is a life-changing school and I urge you to come take a tour and talk with our teachers so you can find out for yourself what MTCS has to offer you and your family!

Posted December 01, 2015
My child is new to MTCS this year. She was instantly embraced by the faculty and students. This school has great teachers. There is a family feel throughout the building!

Middle Tennessee Christian School 1

Posted September 22, 2015
As a former student, I can tell you about what REALLY is going on at MTCS. None of the students like it there. Dress code seems like a great idea, but in reality it makes the students irritable and angry. I've had several teachers that clearly do not know what they are talking about (math teachers asking the students, "Wait, what did I do wrong here...?" English teachers not assigning any essays and never even teaching MLA format). I am in college now, and I am expected to have taken Anatomy and Psychology. They have Anatomy but wouldn't let me take it, and they don't even offer Psychology. AP classes are scarce, and the ones that they do have don't prepare adequately for the AP exam. The only good program there is the History department, and only because of Mr. Faulkner. English is definitely the worst, with teachers that aren't qualified and teach philosophy more than english. Bible classes are fairly good. Math is either super easy or super hard. Sciences are very poor, not many classes are offered and the ones that are are an easy A with no effort. The band program has only recently gone in the gutter because the band and chorus teachers left, leaving behind virtually nothing.The principal is a joke. If you ask any student in the high school if they respect him, you'll get a laugh and a clear no. Administration in general never seems to have your best interest in mind as they intensely scan the crowd for lanyards but overlook bigger issues. If you want your child to get a quality education and avoid the "dangers" of public school, send them to Central Magnet. It will actually prepare your child for college and has the same friendly environment as MTCS. If you are only looking for a Christian environment, send them to Providence. From what I've heard the students like it there.

Middle Tennessee Christian School
Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted September 22, 2015
Most students hate their teachers because of the disrespect that the teachers show their students.

Posted August 25, 2015
This school is a wonderful learning environment. It has great leadership and wonderful students. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

Posted January 30, 2015
MTCS has been a GOD sent for our family. My child was in MCS and from day one, were not pleased. Our child has made many great friends that she can bring to our home. My child's knowledge has become greater since being at MTCS. The staff, friendly atmosphere, wonderful caring parents have been a blessing!

Middle Tennessee Christian School 1

Posted December 01, 2014
This is a money-hungry desperate school! We were not refunded our $250 registration fee after only 3.5 days of childcare service. We were asked to leave no choice of our own. Our 4 y/o son was expelled from the MTCS Pre-K program after only 3.5 days of service. We only heard he was violent and defiant when we were asked to leave on Day 3.5 no prior indication was given. It appears they admit that their staff could not handle our son's needs. He has since been re-enrolled in another Pre-K and has been thriving there for 2 months as of today. They are refusing to refund any of the $250 registration fee that we had to pay when we enrolled him, and state it was to pay to have their administration to enter him in the computer. They essentially deceived us that they were a great school, and are now refusing to admit any fault on their side. We were told they would PRAY for us, but we cannot return. We would have never paid the registration fee if we knew he could be terminated within 3.5 days of enrollment, and I don't know anyone who would. Stay far away from this place, and if you love your child put them somewhere else.

Posted June 15, 2014
This is an awesome school! We were new this year due to a family move. My child was apprehensive about changing schools but that quickly gave way to loving his new school. The students there quickly befriended him and it quickly seemed like he had been there forever. The school is big enough to offer all kinds of sports, arts and extracurriculars but not so big that you are just a number. Teachers know all the students and are quick to give extra help. The Christian emphasis is a welcome breath of fresh air in an educational world quick to try and remove all religion from the classroom. In addition to top notch academics, students have Bible classes and chapel. The school has a campus minister and there are all kinds of service opportunities. My son grew not only academically but spiritually as well. MTCS has been a great experience!

Posted June 11, 2014
MTCS is a great school that is continually improving! My little one had some trouble with math. His teacher recognized the problem & discussed it with the learning enrichment teacher. So, he gets one on one help twice a week. No red tape, no writing up an IEP, no qualifying for special ed- just caring teachers providing what he needed right away! Love this school!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 28, 2013

Middle Tennessee Christian School
100 E Mtcs Road, Murfreesboro, TN  37129
Last modified Middle Tennessee Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Middle Tennessee Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top