Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school teachers you that if you incite a witch hunt then you can get anyone expelled. It also teaches that if you punch a random person for no reason then you can get them suspended or expelled for no reason. Unless you are a sports star in which case they will get off with only mild repercussions.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Effective at doing nothing to educate the next generation. I'll admit they have decent teachers but the teacher shortage in this country really shows with the quality they have hired here.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Most teachers just send home a packed instead of teaching a sold lesson. Anyone who doesn't complete it is given a slap on the wrist and then shoved along.

Love this high School. We moved here to get our son there and that was our best choice ever.

I love BHS my daughter is a freshman and the faculty really works hard at helping her pick her classes, and making her feel comfortable. I am a very proud BHS mom/ Thank you BHS staff for all of your work.

This school is great. Great student body, great teachers, and great environment. This school has changed my life.

Ms.Ford, the principle, is one of the most caring, efficient, and her staff at Blackman Elementary follow suit, I am please with the level of education my daughters have experienced since we moved into this school system 4 years ago, I would recommend this school to anyone who cares if their child is receiving a quality education.

Amazing. This school gave me the best learning expirence I have ever had . .

I give this school one star cause of the teaching skills and the concern of the students education! The teachers do not care if the students fail or not, all they care about is when TCAP rolls around. I have two teenagers that attend this school and they are both failing certain subjects and not once have i received an email or call from any of the teachers with concern for my children. They are real focused on behavior, sports but not academics. If child does not have the smarts already i would not send to this school cause they will fail and their will be no concern what so ever out of any of the faculty (consulars, principle, vice principle, teachers!) most of the teachers don't teach they treat the students like they are college kids. Awful school!!! I wish i could transfer my kids but that is impossible cause they do not have cars yet.

I graduated from Blackman in 2005, and I am so thankful that I received an education that prepared me for college and the real world! I went to UT, and am now a grad student at MTSU getting a Masters in Teaching foreign language, and I have realized more and more how fundamental my high school education was. The sports and programs were also fantastic! I was a cheerleader and that was a great way to connect with people and it was something I was passionate about. Not to mention, it instilled discipline. Another wonderful thing about Blackman is the cohesiveness of the different groups of people.

Last modified Blackman High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.