Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted January 20, 2016
principal Cynthia Ford has no respect for anyone, only thing she is developing is her bad attitude, and intimidation toward others...

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 20, 2016
students spitting in other students plates, detentions and discrimination is what comes to mind, not compassion or caring...

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 20, 2016
principal Cynthia Ford runs this school like a prison... she is not a good example of honesty, integrity or fairness for kids, she is a aggressive bully who ttys to intimidate everyone at the school, from school stuff to parents, and even kids...

Posted January 27, 2015
I love this school all 3 of my kids went here and Mrs. Ford was amazing, my house burned around Thanksgiving 2007 and Mrs. Ford (principal) took all 3 of my kids Christmas shopping with her own personal checkbook. My family runs into Mrs. Ford at the grocery store from time to time and she always remembers each child by name. We love you Mrs. Ford and all of the Blackman faculty

Posted November 30, 2014
I have 3 children who have been to 4 elementary schools and 3 middle schools. Ms Ford is the best principal we have ever had. She is very much a disciplinarian and runs a tight ship. She also loves her students and I have often come to school and found her teaching the students and interacting with staff. I find this incredible bc my kids have been at schools where I didn't even know what the principal looked like. My son had some behavior issues when we first got to Blackman, so we interacted with her more than most. Believe me when I say the negative reviews are from helicopter parents who have poor parenting skills. You would be lucky to have your children attend this school!! It is also THE MOST DESIRABLE school district in which to purchase a home....doesn't take a genius to understand why.

Blackman Elementary School 2

Posted November 29, 2014
My son attended BES in 2013-2014. We had the worst experience ever. If you like a prison-like attomsphere where teachers act more like wal-mart employees, you will have a great experience.

Blackman Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2014
I like the following about Blackman Elementary: *It's clean, both inside the building and outside area. *The teachers project friendliness and professionalism at all times (when I've been there visiting or at an extra curricular event). *They seem to be technologically with the times. Projectors, computers, emails, etc for example. *They have a nice library system, where the students use a UPC bar-code system. It makes checking out books quick and easy. *The administrators have a policy where they hold parents accountable for the students. This makes sure that students both learn at the classroom and reenforces what's been taught at home as well. What I don't like about Blackman Elementary: *Art, PE, other programs that I had as a kid are not offered everyday. *The technology is present, but seems to be dated. CRT monitors, seriously? *Constant fund raising. It feels like there's one every other month. *Other than federal holidays, it's seems that there are always in-service days and a half day EVERY month.

Blackman Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2014
The principal Mrs.Ford is not a great principal. She is more concerned about punishment vs. guidance. Test scores vs. emotional security. The whole vs the individual. I wanted to make sure I was comfortable in who I was untrusting my 6 year old to, however he came home everyday discouraged and down trodden. Punishment like taking away recess were given away liberally instead of helping him change his behavior through other avenues. We moved here from the capital region of NY, from the best school district out if 84 school districts, from the best elementary school in the district. I realizing now why that previous school was so great because they treated each child as their own and really wanted each child to succeed. I am very disappointed, especially since we moved to this area for this school. Even the teachers don't agreed with a lot if Mrs. Ford's rules and look scared of breaking them, almost like deer in the headlights. On the other hand we are dual zoned and Overall Creek has been a Godsend. They are the exact opposite and tell you that they treat each child as their own and really love them.

Posted July 22, 2014
I have visited with and had conversation with this school district staff and members of the community multiple times. I am moving from a top ten dying city in Ohio to here a top 10 growing city in multiple facets. My current school ranks a 4 from a 6. This is Suppose to rank a 9. This is our families future and last hope. This is be the right decision. Follow our progress on multiple medias. We are The Fox Family.

Posted July 19, 2014
Blackman Elementary is an excellent school. My children have excelled in every area of academics and they are continuously challenged to do their best. Mrs. Ford is an outstanding principal who goes above and beyond consistently. The teachers are dedicated, supportive and caring.

586 Fortress Boulevard, Murfreesboro, TN  37128
Last modified Blackman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blackman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top