Murfreesboro, TN
Students enrolled: 1,008

Posted November 13, 2014
The dress code at this school is crazy just as it is at all public school. Girls are mainly targeted for inappropriate clothing and no leggings?! If you were sitting a an uncomfortable, tiny blue chair you would want to Wear the most comfortable thing possibe. The dress code is sexist! My daughter told me that she got in trouble for wearing leggings with a shirt that reached passed her rear and a boy that wore a "KEEP CALM AND SHUT THE **** UP" Shirt was not asked to change. It did not say the direct Word but I think we all know. And if a shoulder is showing than it is so provocative and boys cannot handle it!!! They are MIDDLE SCHOOL KIDS! And if the teachers are "offended" then that is not the students problem and girls should not be shamed for what they wear!!!!!!

Posted October 01, 2014
I am very unpleased to know that my daughter is not Learning the material she should be learning. Especially in math because the 8A math teacher does not explain clearly. 1 star until this slacker leaves.

Posted May 09, 2014
My son, who has been an A student since he was in first grade, describes his 3 years here as the worst school years of his life. From my view, sending home dozens of worksheets, with very little lecture support, is for all intents and purposes making the kids teach themselves, and there are a lot of worksheets sent home requiring the kids to thumb through their texts for hours, without support of classroom notes. Hours of busy work every night with one science teacher telling them that if she knew their names they'd probably done something wrong, and others not knowing how to pronounce words correctly on subjects they were teaching, or sometimes even not knowing the meanings of words that were in their own lessons, added up to a poor three year experience. Also a tremendous lack of balance from mini school to mini school as far as work load is concerned. Poor leadership

Siegel Middle School 4

Posted June 24, 2013
Siegel Middle School is considered by many one of the best middle schools in the county. Keep in mind that just because you have some angry parents that post on here, that doesn't necessarily make the statements true. That being said, we did have issues with a few teachers that were over-legalistic (ISS for no belt???- are you kidding?) and felt the need to lord over the students vs. teach them. These were primarily in 6th and 7th grade. Oh, how I wish I could name names... Overall, though, I felt my kids had a good experience and a well-above-average education out of it. (They are moving on to Siegel High now.) There are indeed some STELLAR teachers at this school and despite the strict legalistic leadership, these teachers shine and have the ability to inspire students. No school is without its bad apple teachers, and Siegel Middle is no different. Unfortunately, because of political correctness, it could take a few years for those bad apples to get transferred to D-hall duty or whatever the heck place those types go when they can't teach. :) I give it a high 4, of 5.

Posted December 11, 2012
We're 1/2 way through the 6th grade year. You've got to be kidding me? We have a teacher (female) in Bschool that intimidates the students to a point of fear of asking questions. I wonder why some students don't have awesome grades in that class environment? It has been made very evident that parent involvement is tolerated at a minimum. Teacher and principle exhert power and authority over 11 year olds,,, awesome. Why don't you pick on someone your own age?

Posted November 28, 2012
So far? I'm not impressed. AT ALL! My child has been in this school less than 2 weeks and has been in tears a half dozen times at least. She is appalled at the fact that the teachers are allowed to and do tell the students to "shut up!" They yell and criticize, not TEACH! If the students already knew the material, there would be no need for the TEACHER!! The dress code is enforced on a pick and choose basis and does not include all students. Just in case anyone was wondering, the rude language and critical comments have not been made to my child specifically so this should not be brushed off as a disgruntled student. It's across the board and I guess the long term students are just used to it. Absolutely ridiculous! I will be educating myself on this state and county and plan to see some changes immediately!! How dare this school demand respect from students and not offer the same?!

Siegel Middle School 2

Posted March 06, 2011
school is adequate with some great teachers but principal lacks ability and vision to properly inspire staff . principal also shows poor judgement in creating/enforcing school policies

Posted August 02, 2010
The principal bragged to me that he once made paddles in shop and also let me know that the only reason that they stopped paddling students was because "Too many parents are lawyers and doctors and some kids bruise easily." I was deeply saddened by this statement. I would like to express thanks to all of the parent who are lawyers and doctors who would do something about their children being abused in this way.

Siegel Middle School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
A great school with teachers that care about the students

Posted April 09, 2010

Siegel Middle School
355 West Thompson La, Murfreesboro, TN  37129
Last modified Siegel Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Siegel Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top