Murfreesboro, TN
Students enrolled: 1,014

Posted January 27, 2015
I am a very proud BMS parent. This school has an amazing and caring faculty and staff, my kids are doing great. Thank you BMS faculty

Posted October 05, 2013
This was just shy of a four star. One teacher made a joke about applying corporal punishment to all students even to those who's parental signatories disallowed it. And the other actually hits students on the head with a magazine roll, which is not even allowed under the CP protocol. This is out of line behaviour.

Posted August 28, 2013
Excellent Science teachers, esp 6th grade!!! Teachers are excellent and maintain very good class discipline.

Posted October 27, 2011
We moved to Murfreesboro from Lorton, Va. I have been very impressed with the quality of instruction from the teachers at BMS. They are demanding and set high expectations for the students. THEY WILL NOT "BABY" YOUR CHILD. If your child is willing to put forth the effort, then they will have a wonderful academic experience.

Posted October 21, 2010
This is school is excellent very caring teachers and excellent principal .My son is very happy !!! One of the best in middle Tennesssee.

Posted October 12, 2010
Absolutely wonderful music program! Anyone who can teach my children how to play an instrument they never touched before, is amazing in my book.

Posted August 14, 2009
In my opinion, BMS needs serious help with communication. Parents expect a response to phone calls, emails and letters. On top of that, new children to the area are not accepted in activities. They are turned away and expected to be up to par with only there program or stay away! They do not hold tryouts for band by the way. If you don't already know how to play instrument, they won't teach you and they won't let you in the band.

Posted January 18, 2009
bms is the best 6-8 school in the state of tennessee. unlike lavergne which is non-successful in any sport. Bms has the best sports teams.

Posted January 15, 2009
In my opinion, BMS is an excellent school for children who are already excellent students that are on the right track - As a parent who has a child attending this school who is a challenge and/or needs more attention - this facility is not capable of identifying the problem and the results are only punitive (which typically takes the child OUT of the classroom)... which in turn now has the child doing make up homework without the benefit of the 'learning'. The administrators and teachers all SAY the right things, but I often wonder if the education is the first priority for anyone who is less than stellar.

Blackman Middle School

Posted December 15, 2008
I am very disappointed in blackman middle school! I am new to murfreesboro, and have 2 straight a kids that attend bms. I read all the reviews before picking bms for my kids, only if I new then what I know now! if ever a question and need to talk to the asst. Principal, you can call many times, and never get a return phone back! She is not concerned in any way shape or form, of any questions or problems you may have! She was also very rude,on her ipod and cell phone, and had no time for me when I confronted her at school! I also agree with the parent about the baseball team!

Blackman Middle School
3945 Blaze Drive, Murfreesboro, TN  37128
Last modified Blackman Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blackman Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top