No rating

Providence Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 320 students

Living in Murfreesboro

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $111,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $710.

Posted August 27, 2014

PCA is a quality school with high academic standards. They consistant produce test scores well above the national and local averages. The graduating seniors last year averaged $160k in scholarships. The teachers, leadership and parents work together to ensure academic, spiritual and personal goals of our children are met. This school like all schools are made of imperfect people and because of that it is not perfect. But it is excellent. There have been some squabbles in the past as evident by the posts below. The handful of folks that were upset left and sought school elsewhere. I am happy with the education, activities and sports that are available to my children. I love the friendly and welcoming environment. If you are considering private education for your children it is certainly worth the investment of time to look at PCA. As far as cost, PCA seems a bargain when compared to other classical schools in middle TN.

Posted December 25, 2013

As a former public school teacher, I wanted my own child to receive a private school education. I've been impressed with my child's level of education for the last 4 years at PCA. Most teachers have a Master's Degree. A few disgruntled teachers left last year and since then the atmosphere has been so positive and joyful. My child is in the grammar school, but I noticed the new hires in the school of rhetoric (high school) have more classical experience than those that left and have been a wonderful addition. The front office staff has always been kind and helpful. I feel like they are going to love and protect my child while I'm not there.

Posted August 3, 2013

Sadly the school has gone hill dramatically in the past few years. It had a reputation for solid academics, but lately test scores have been going down. Excellent teachers have left. They claim to follow a classical education model, but most of the teachers are not trained in that method.

Posted May 17, 2013

Providence Christian Academy has provided my children with an excellent education while encouraging the Christian values that are so important to our family. We would highly recommend it to anyone searching for an alternative to the public school environment.

Posted April 2, 2013

As I dropped off one of my children this morning, I was reminded once again how thankful I am for Providence Christian Academy. It was wonderful to receive such warm greetings on this chilly morning from caring members of the faculty and administration. As I spent a moment reflecting over our years at Providence, I thanked God for providing this great school to help prepare our children spiritually, academically and socially to positively impact those around them. As our oldest child prepares for college, we are impressed with how well prepared my child and the other students are for their next steps in life. I am also pleased to see the same wonderful experience happening for our younger child. The Christian and Classical focus of Providence has been foundational in building our children s faith, knowledge and ability to clearly communicate. The great athletics and extracurricular activities have helped prepare them physically and socially. I highly recommend Providence to any family looking for a school where the faculty and administration will share the love of Christ with your children in an academically strong environment.

Posted April 2, 2013

We are incredibly thankful for PCA. Our children have benefited tremendously from this Classical Christian education. The teachers at PCA are wonderful and the quality of students is impressive. God has truly blessed PCA. It is a blessing to be part of this growing family.

Posted April 1, 2013

PCA is an answer to prayer for our family. As parents, we were searching for a school that was an extension of us: our values, our faith, & our hopes. We wanted to know that our babies would be loved & valued, as well as trained & molded in God's truth. Rich roots in academics from a biblical world view was a must for us. PCA's classical model has proven to grow our kids' roots. The Grammar stage teachers have done a tremendous job pouring facts into our kids by having them sing, chant, recite, reenact, and recreate everything under the sun. During the Logic years, teachers have taken the plethora of facts, added some more, and then created scenarios for kids to wrestle with those facts. This wrestling stage has created some interesting and humorous conversations in our home! The icing on the cake for our family has been the Rhetoric stage. It is here that everything has come together. Students have learned how to communicate with excellence, boldness, & love the truths they have learned. For almost a decade, we have been blessed to be a part of the PCA family. So we say to anyone looking for a school where their child will be known, loved, & trained in truth, come join the family!

Posted December 26, 2012

Unfortunately, as with most schools who start out with wonderful foundational principles such as this one did, egos, money and people with agendas have gotten in the way of PCA being the school it was intended to be. Leadership is lacking, hiring is based not on the best qualified candidates, but those who are family & friends of the administrative team. High debt has caused the board to make decisions that are based solely on getting "numbers" of students at the cost of quality in academics. Therefore academics are on the downslide and will continue to be so. Teachers, espcially new ones who are not classically trained, are not getting the training they need to be up to par on "why" a classical education is unique and of benefit. As a family who specifically chose this school for the classical curriculum that teaches each subject from a biblical worldview, we were sadly disappointed in the discrepancy between their marketing material and what was actually delievered. Very sad example of a common problem with private schools who suffer from "mission drift" under bad leadership and at a top price. Not worth the money!

Posted January 2, 2011

We are so pleased with the love and nurturing our daughter receives both from teaching staff and our wonderful Principal. She is learning so much academically and spiritually. We couldn't be happier with this amazing school,

Posted May 19, 2010

First let me say that academically it is a great school. We are thankful for this school and those who have made it a pleasant experience for us. However, I would agree that there is an aura of elitism & arrogance at PCA from teacher, parents and even their children. This school lacks leadership organization & professionalism. The communication to parents is difficult unless you are in the elite. I would call it a "fly by the seat of my pants" leadership. I would have liked to have seen more spiritual activities and not about give to the "Annual Fund". My prayer is that PCA can find answers to the struggles they are having. May pride and self be moved out of the way for HIS glory.... "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and then all things will be added unto you...."

Posted August 13, 2009

My children enjoy school. My children are taught all subjects through a biblical worldview. My children see genuine faith and leadership in the faculty. My children excel in an environment which seeks to develop the mind rather than program it. I praise God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ that He has made a way for my children to attend PCA!

Posted August 6, 2009

kids are taught through classical learning, they also learn respect , self disipline, honor, and learn how to have a personal relationship with Christ.

Posted December 18, 2008

The big secret is that Providence is also an amazing high school. It's a very nurturing environment for younger kids, but its high school programs in logic, rhetoric and world views can't be found anywhere else. It's very rare to find a Christian school that's so intellectually stimulating -- and with such a caring environment. It's such a tight community that parent involvement is actually required!

Posted August 16, 2008

This school rocks!!! It is amazingly awesome. No, it's not perfect because they let people into the buliding 5 days a week!!! We feel very blessed to be a part of this family feel school. The teachers give of themselves everyday for our children in a caring and loving way.

Posted July 7, 2008

It is an excellent school. The teachers work very hard, and do care about children first. I think that parents have a lot of input, and since the board consists of parents I would defenitely not say it is a teacher-run school. Sometimes I wonder if too many parents possibly have more control than they should. But you cannot please everyone, and thank goodness all we have to do is please our Lord. There are no perfect schools, because there are no perfect people. If you are unhappy here, you may be unhappy anywhere.

Posted April 19, 2008

Providence is good academically but there is an aura of eliteism that is shameful considering it is a private christian school. Some teachers are wonderful and some pretty unkind. It is a teacher-run school. The parents have little input or power over their childrens care here.

Posted April 19, 2008

This school has great teachers, students, facilities and an extremely high level of teaching! A great school that I would recommend to all other parents

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACCS
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

410 Dejarnette Lane