Murfreesboro, TN

Posted August 27, 2014
PCA is a quality school with high academic standards. They consistant produce test scores well above the national and local averages. The graduating seniors last year averaged $160k in scholarships. The teachers, leadership and parents work together to ensure academic, spiritual and personal goals of our children are met. This school like all schools are made of imperfect people and because of that it is not perfect. But it is excellent. There have been some squabbles in the past as evident by the posts below. The handful of folks that were upset left and sought school elsewhere. I am happy with the education, activities and sports that are available to my children. I love the friendly and welcoming environment. If you are considering private education for your children it is certainly worth the investment of time to look at PCA. As far as cost, PCA seems a bargain when compared to other classical schools in middle TN.

Providence Christian Academy 4

Posted December 25, 2013
As a former public school teacher, I wanted my own child to receive a private school education. I've been impressed with my child's level of education for the last 4 years at PCA. Most teachers have a Master's Degree. A few disgruntled teachers left last year and since then the atmosphere has been so positive and joyful. My child is in the grammar school, but I noticed the new hires in the school of rhetoric (high school) have more classical experience than those that left and have been a wonderful addition. The front office staff has always been kind and helpful. I feel like they are going to love and protect my child while I'm not there.

Providence Christian Academy 1

Posted August 03, 2013
Sadly the school has gone hill dramatically in the past few years. It had a reputation for solid academics, but lately test scores have been going down. Excellent teachers have left. They claim to follow a classical education model, but most of the teachers are not trained in that method.

Posted May 17, 2013
Providence Christian Academy has provided my children with an excellent education while encouraging the Christian values that are so important to our family. We would highly recommend it to anyone searching for an alternative to the public school environment.

Posted April 02, 2013
As I dropped off one of my children this morning, I was reminded once again how thankful I am for Providence Christian Academy. It was wonderful to receive such warm greetings on this chilly morning from caring members of the faculty and administration. As I spent a moment reflecting over our years at Providence, I thanked God for providing this great school to help prepare our children spiritually, academically and socially to positively impact those around them. As our oldest child prepares for college, we are impressed with how well prepared my child and the other students are for their next steps in life. I am also pleased to see the same wonderful experience happening for our younger child. The Christian and Classical focus of Providence has been foundational in building our children s faith, knowledge and ability to clearly communicate. The great athletics and extracurricular activities have helped prepare them physically and socially. I highly recommend Providence to any family looking for a school where the faculty and administration will share the love of Christ with your children in an academically strong environment.

Posted April 02, 2013
We are incredibly thankful for PCA. Our children have benefited tremendously from this Classical Christian education. The teachers at PCA are wonderful and the quality of students is impressive. God has truly blessed PCA. It is a blessing to be part of this growing family.

Posted April 01, 2013
PCA is an answer to prayer for our family. As parents, we were searching for a school that was an extension of us: our values, our faith, & our hopes. We wanted to know that our babies would be loved & valued, as well as trained & molded in God's truth. Rich roots in academics from a biblical world view was a must for us. PCA's classical model has proven to grow our kids' roots. The Grammar stage teachers have done a tremendous job pouring facts into our kids by having them sing, chant, recite, reenact, and recreate everything under the sun. During the Logic years, teachers have taken the plethora of facts, added some more, and then created scenarios for kids to wrestle with those facts. This wrestling stage has created some interesting and humorous conversations in our home! The icing on the cake for our family has been the Rhetoric stage. It is here that everything has come together. Students have learned how to communicate with excellence, boldness, & love the truths they have learned. For almost a decade, we have been blessed to be a part of the PCA family. So we say to anyone looking for a school where their child will be known, loved, & trained in truth, come join the family!

Providence Christian Academy 1

Posted December 26, 2012
Unfortunately, as with most schools who start out with wonderful foundational principles such as this one did, egos, money and people with agendas have gotten in the way of PCA being the school it was intended to be. Leadership is lacking, hiring is based not on the best qualified candidates, but those who are family & friends of the administrative team. High debt has caused the board to make decisions that are based solely on getting "numbers" of students at the cost of quality in academics. Therefore academics are on the downslide and will continue to be so. Teachers, espcially new ones who are not classically trained, are not getting the training they need to be up to par on "why" a classical education is unique and of benefit. As a family who specifically chose this school for the classical curriculum that teaches each subject from a biblical worldview, we were sadly disappointed in the discrepancy between their marketing material and what was actually delievered. Very sad example of a common problem with private schools who suffer from "mission drift" under bad leadership and at a top price. Not worth the money!

Posted January 02, 2011
We are so pleased with the love and nurturing our daughter receives both from teaching staff and our wonderful Principal. She is learning so much academically and spiritually. We couldn't be happier with this amazing school,

Providence Christian Academy 2

Posted May 19, 2010
First let me say that academically it is a great school. We are thankful for this school and those who have made it a pleasant experience for us. However, I would agree that there is an aura of elitism & arrogance at PCA from teacher, parents and even their children. This school lacks leadership organization & professionalism. The communication to parents is difficult unless you are in the elite. I would call it a "fly by the seat of my pants" leadership. I would have liked to have seen more spiritual activities and not about give to the "Annual Fund". My prayer is that PCA can find answers to the struggles they are having. May pride and self be moved out of the way for HIS glory.... "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and then all things will be added unto you...."

Providence Christian Academy
410 Dejarnette Lane, Murfreesboro, TN  37130
Last modified Providence Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Providence Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top