Murfreesboro, TN
Students enrolled: 1,032

Scales Elementary School 1

Posted April 27, 2015
Scales Elementary was once top notch. Under the leadership of Mrs. Stephens and then Mr. Bartch Scales was amazing! Sadly enough, Mrs. stephens left and then Mr. Bartch left Scales to be principal of Overall Creek. The current principal has run the school into the ground and many of the excellent teachers at Scales went to Overall Creek with Mr. Bartch. So, all that is left is average to below average teachers and lousy leadership. It is very sad. I do have to compliment the Music and Art departments though. They have remained top notch.

Scales Elementary School 2

Posted July 29, 2014
We had multiple children attend this school. When Mrs Stephens was principal, this was the best run school in the area. It dropped a bit when Mr Barch took over (Mrs Stephens was just that good). After Mr Barch left, the school has changed. Many of the best teachers have left and the administration is less parent friendly. I am glad my children were able to attend during the attend Mrs Stephens tenure as I could dramatically see changes between last year and the year before.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 08, 2014
This school is amazing i love it so much i have been her 3-6 and during these 4 years it has been amazing the teachers and staff are amazing i love all my teachers and if you are a parent thinking about sending your child there do it because they treat all the kids with kindness and have many great activities and events that will help others help run your childs imagination i am so glad i had gone to this school and i will never forget my expirience there

Posted October 20, 2013
My granddaughter goes to scales and she has excelled great teachers and staff . They truly care about the children

Scales Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
I have 3 kids in this school. My oldest has been going since kindergarten and is now entering 5th grade. We have had great teachers, great kids. I miss mrs. Stephens but things still run close to the same as they did. I'm glad to give my kids a great education in a public school.

Posted May 28, 2013
My daughter just finished her first year at Scales and I just can't say enough about this school. Our location is zoned for 2 different schools. Last October we switched to Scales from the other school. It was the best decision we have ever made. When you walk into Scales, you hear the kids laughing and talking. The environment is so happy, cheerful and upbeat. The staff is friendly and helpful. They seem to know each child by name. My daughter's teacher was very involved in helping us get her settled and comfortable. I just can't wait to see what else is waiting for us in the upcoming school year.

Posted June 12, 2012
My son has attended Scales from Kindergarten through 4th grade, and is about to go into 5th grade. I have been amazed that every year we have had wonderful teachers who really care about their students' growth. The principal, Ms. Katherine Stephens is amazing...I will be sad to see her leave but I know she's left a legacy of HIGH standards and that the next principal will be just as committed to excellence. Scales is a GREAT school.

Posted November 10, 2011
Scales in the best school ever. My son has been going for a year and loves it. Everyone is very friendly.

Posted October 01, 2008
As a military family we have been in a lot of schools and Scales is at the top in my book for elementary education. In fact we are so pleased with the friendliness and dedication of the Principal and staff that we have retired here to get our youngest through grade school. Highly recommend as a school of choice. For those of you looking at private versus public, know that a top school like Scales can give your child as good an education. My two daughters went to public school, and with parent and teacher support have enrolled and graduated from top colleges, Tufts University and Case Western Reserve University. Never limit your choices but look for the best across the board - especially these days, kids need to be integrated into mullit-ethnic and cultural situations at young ages and it helps them so much down the road.

Posted September 13, 2008
Scales is the best School in Murfreesboro! It is second to none. My children have had the best elementary experience. We have attended since the opening 2005. Mrs. Stephens is the best Principal that I have ever encountered. She is friendly, attentive, and dedicated to the highest of standards in academics. Our teachers, Mrs. Maddux and Ms. Lawson, provide an outstanding challenge, are compassionate, and dedicated the their students. Children truly come first at Scales. Who could ask for anything more!

Scales Elementary School
2340 Saint Andrews Drive, Murfreesboro, TN  37128
Last modified Scales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scales Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top