Murfreesboro, TN
Students enrolled: 1,032

Scales Elementary School 2

Posted July 29, 2014
We had multiple children attend this school. When Mrs Stephens was principal, this was the best run school in the area. It dropped a bit when Mr Barch took over (Mrs Stephens was just that good). After Mr Barch left, the school has changed. Many of the best teachers have left and the administration is less parent friendly. I am glad my children were able to attend during the attend Mrs Stephens tenure as I could dramatically see changes between last year and the year before.

Posted May 08, 2014
This school is amazing i love it so much i have been her 3-6 and during these 4 years it has been amazing the teachers and staff are amazing i love all my teachers and if you are a parent thinking about sending your child there do it because they treat all the kids with kindness and have many great activities and events that will help others help run your childs imagination i am so glad i had gone to this school and i will never forget my expirience there

Scales Elementary School 3

Posted February 19, 2014
Scales is an average school. It got much better once Don Bartch became principal, bit he has since become principal of the new Overall Creek Elementary. Some teachers are amazing, while some are horrible. It is kept extremely neat and clean and the grounds are well-maintained. The music program is excellent!

Posted October 20, 2013
My granddaughter goes to scales and she has excelled great teachers and staff . They truly care about the children

Scales Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
I have 3 kids in this school. My oldest has been going since kindergarten and is now entering 5th grade. We have had great teachers, great kids. I miss mrs. Stephens but things still run close to the same as they did. I'm glad to give my kids a great education in a public school.

Posted May 28, 2013
My daughter just finished her first year at Scales and I just can't say enough about this school. Our location is zoned for 2 different schools. Last October we switched to Scales from the other school. It was the best decision we have ever made. When you walk into Scales, you hear the kids laughing and talking. The environment is so happy, cheerful and upbeat. The staff is friendly and helpful. They seem to know each child by name. My daughter's teacher was very involved in helping us get her settled and comfortable. I just can't wait to see what else is waiting for us in the upcoming school year.

Posted June 12, 2012
My son has attended Scales from Kindergarten through 4th grade, and is about to go into 5th grade. I have been amazed that every year we have had wonderful teachers who really care about their students' growth. The principal, Ms. Katherine Stephens is amazing...I will be sad to see her leave but I know she's left a legacy of HIGH standards and that the next principal will be just as committed to excellence. Scales is a GREAT school.

Posted November 10, 2011
Scales in the best school ever. My son has been going for a year and loves it. Everyone is very friendly.

Posted May 10, 2009

Posted December 14, 2008

Scales Elementary School
2340 St Andrews Dr, Murfreesboro, TN  37128
Last modified Scales Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Scales Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top