Bad
Good

I have been very pleased with HJM. My daughter attended Hull Jackson as a preschooler last school year. And is currently in pre-k and will be attempting to test into kindergarten. Ms. Johnson did a fantastic job with the kids and had our daughter loving her days in class. The staff, kids and parents have been great. I felt compelled to write this review due to our family relocating. This school is underated by my opinion. The staff and kids will be missed by our family.

This by far has been the best school for my kids in the Nashville area! I moved here 5 years ago and it was a struggle for my children from day one! Hull Jackson staff and their method of teaching got my kids to progress, move forward, and love school again! All children learn differently and what works for one child may not be the best option for the next! Thank you guys for giving my babies hope and a reason to smile when it comes to their education!

As a parent of two children attending 2 vastly different public schools in Davidson County, TN I can say with absolute certainty that this school's shortcomings can be rectified with more funding, community involvement, and board support. I am terribly disappointed with the apparent chaos surrounding any activity at the school. Teachers are great...philosophy is good...performance...not so stellar. I will be moving my child for fear that they will be behind in the traditional classroom setting and may struggle to catch up in a higher performing school. Word of advice: Do your research...then visit (multiple times if at all possible)...Make an informed decision based on present performance not past excellence. Rude office staff raises concern about how respectfully children are being spoken to or treated.

My daughter started here in kindergarten. She cried every break because she wanted to go back to class. She learned well with this style, also enjoying teaching and learning from Pre-K students. The breadth of the curriculum was amazing and I know my baby knows far more than I can even imagine. She loves Mrs. Neely, Ms. Kluttz, Ms. Lawson and Mrs. Brown, and has just been embraced by students and teachers alike. I love Mrs. Thorsen, Ms. Hull and Mr. Frensley. The principal is accessible, the playgrounds are great, and there's a school counselor. The PTO is amazing, and every event whether fundraising or entertaining has been so much fun.

My daughter is in 3rd grade and has attended this school since Pre-School. I am totally satisfied with the teachers and the environment. Small class sizes, diverse students, great parent participation, and a convenient location close to downtown Nashville. Research the Montessori teaching method and decide if the method fits your child and your lifestyle. If so, choose Hull-Jackson Montessor in Nashville.

Hull Jackson is the best school. As a parent, I saw through my kid the excitement of knowing something he didn't know before...I can't say enough about the teachers and the Principal..they are just wonderful. This will be my son's last year in HJM but I am sure he will never forget the the first time he started playing violin and encouraged within 5 months to play it in public which he did beautifully. I am a proud Hull-Jackson parent. Thank you.

This school year has started off as a success!!!There's a new principal, and hopefully things will work well. I had one child at the school last school year, and recently placed two more in HJ. I moved them because I thought they could advance in their academics vs. the other school they had previously attended. Hopefully I made a good decision.

Last modified Hull Jackson Montessori Magnet is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.