Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted August 05, 2015
I have been very pleased with HJM. My daughter attended Hull Jackson as a preschooler last school year. And is currently in pre-k and will be attempting to test into kindergarten. Ms. Johnson did a fantastic job with the kids and had our daughter loving her days in class. The staff, kids and parents have been great. I felt compelled to write this review due to our family relocating. This school is underated by my opinion. The staff and kids will be missed by our family.

Posted December 05, 2014
This by far has been the best school for my kids in the Nashville area! I moved here 5 years ago and it was a struggle for my children from day one! Hull Jackson staff and their method of teaching got my kids to progress, move forward, and love school again! All children learn differently and what works for one child may not be the best option for the next! Thank you guys for giving my babies hope and a reason to smile when it comes to their education!

Hull Jackson Montessori Magnet 2

Posted August 20, 2013
As a parent of two children attending 2 vastly different public schools in Davidson County, TN I can say with absolute certainty that this school's shortcomings can be rectified with more funding, community involvement, and board support. I am terribly disappointed with the apparent chaos surrounding any activity at the school. Teachers are great...philosophy is good...performance...not so stellar. I will be moving my child for fear that they will be behind in the traditional classroom setting and may struggle to catch up in a higher performing school. Word of advice: Do your research...then visit (multiple times if at all possible)...Make an informed decision based on present performance not past excellence. Rude office staff raises concern about how respectfully children are being spoken to or treated.

Posted May 29, 2013
My daughter started here in kindergarten. She cried every break because she wanted to go back to class. She learned well with this style, also enjoying teaching and learning from Pre-K students. The breadth of the curriculum was amazing and I know my baby knows far more than I can even imagine. She loves Mrs. Neely, Ms. Kluttz, Ms. Lawson and Mrs. Brown, and has just been embraced by students and teachers alike. I love Mrs. Thorsen, Ms. Hull and Mr. Frensley. The principal is accessible, the playgrounds are great, and there's a school counselor. The PTO is amazing, and every event whether fundraising or entertaining has been so much fun.

Posted August 09, 2012
My daughter is in 3rd grade and has attended this school since Pre-School. I am totally satisfied with the teachers and the environment. Small class sizes, diverse students, great parent participation, and a convenient location close to downtown Nashville. Research the Montessori teaching method and decide if the method fits your child and your lifestyle. If so, choose Hull-Jackson Montessor in Nashville.

Posted July 24, 2009
Hull Jackson is the best school. As a parent, I saw through my kid the excitement of knowing something he didn't know before...I can't say enough about the teachers and the Principal..they are just wonderful. This will be my son's last year in HJM but I am sure he will never forget the the first time he started playing violin and encouraged within 5 months to play it in public which he did beautifully. I am a proud Hull-Jackson parent. Thank you.

Hull Jackson Montessori Magnet 3

Posted September 27, 2007
This school year has started off as a success!!!There's a new principal, and hopefully things will work well. I had one child at the school last school year, and recently placed two more in HJ. I moved them because I thought they could advance in their academics vs. the other school they had previously attended. Hopefully I made a good decision.

Hull Jackson Montessori Magnet 4

Posted January 18, 2004
This is a new year with a new principal and I was here with the last. THis principal is a good person but a Montessori school needs a Principal as well as teachers that are trained to function in the above mentioned way. I have noticed that the overall atmosphere of the school this year is very strained but hopefully with time it will get better.Two words--Parent Participation--.

Posted August 25, 2003
Hull-Jackson Montessori Magnet has a new principal this year so I did not rate the principal. Our family has had a wonderful experience at HJM. My son is active and the Montessori method allows him the freedom to move around the classroom and work uninhibited. The atmosphere is quiet and respectful which allows children to focus without interruptions during the work cycle. My daughter flourishes here also and can move ahead or review lessons as needed at her level instead of going with the whole class. The Montessori method is not for every child. It works best for independent workers. This method works best for our family.

Hull Jackson Montessori Magnet
1015 Kellow Street, Nashville, TN  37208
Last modified Hull Jackson Montessori Magnet is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.