Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Conveniently located off a main corridor, transporting my jr high schooler has become less stressful. East Nashville is a safe environment and welcoming. Students and teachers all respect eachother. This area is where you'll want to be! 100% graduation rate!

I have been happy with this school. I do not have anything else to say at this time.

My child has attended this school since 5th grade and is now it 7th. Her teachers have been very loving, but firm. She makes all A's and occasionally some B's. She's placing proficient/advanced on all her tests and has shown incredible growth on her TVAAS scores, which is a testament to her talented teachers. This year the middle school has a dedicated principal for our school. The parent body is very involved. There is an active corp group involved in the Parent Teacher Student Organization, who organized its first East Nashville Holiday Market. They partnered with Home Depot for a full renovation of both teacher lounges. There are a ton of deeply committed parents involved inextracurricular activities. Our sports team rank very high city-wide and my student has become accomplished in band. They started a marching band this year. The school has 100% graduation rate and most seniors are accepted into college. There are regular Math, Science, Social Studies, Literature and Paideia Nights for the whole family. I hear that sometimes some kids don't act respectfully to adults, but that hasn't affected my kid negatively. We teach our kid to be responsible for learning.

Our family has had a terrific experience with this school. We get regular communication from the teachers and the principals are always available and respond quickly to any questions or concerns we may have. I wish the middle school had chorus and drama, but academically the teachers and the curriculum are sound. My kids rides the bike bus in the neighborhood, which is a collective way for or kids to commute. Awesome!

My daughter is in her second year at East (btw - it is now called East Magnet not East Literature) and we have had many great experiences. She scores advanced on her TCAP's and DEA's, has fabulous teachers, has met people from all backgrounds and loves going to school. I honestly don't understand everyone knocking this school so badly - I volunteer a LOT and know the teachers and administration and have had lovely experiences there. The students address me respectfully and if they get out of line in class, they are disciplined fairly and quickly. East has a great athletics program and a wonderful band. It is in a cool historical building and some of the kids ride their bikes or walk to school. I know many of the parents volunteer in different capacities - with sports, band, in classrooms, at games or events, etc. There have been great changes happening at this school and it is getting better every day.

I think this school is very unorganized. The teachers don't know how to control there students. The schedules are very confusing and complicated. Mr.Davidson in the lunchroom is a terrible example for kids.

East Magnet H.S. was the second H.S. attended. We found it to have caring teachers, school counselors, and principal. My child grew in many areas including academics but self confidence was an extra plus. I enjoyed many of the parents and found that they also wanted the best education for their child. Very pleased with the whole experience at this wonderful High School.

East Nashville Magnet isn't the best school. My Niece has been going there for two years. 5th and 6th grade..However, because of the behavior at East she will be leaving for this coming year. From what we've heard from her, all of the students curse, and are distracting in her classes, all of her 5th and 6th grade classmates caused nothing but trouble, from fights to back talking the teacher. Most students got a office referral every-day. This is a very ghetto school. I wouldn't recommend this school.

I have a daughter who just graduated from EMS. East is located in/near the downtown nashville area. This community is peppered w folks from lower to high/upper middle class. I come from a NYC educated background & an ivy league degree. A lot of folks/local/small town transplants are not used to This kind of socialization & allowing children to grow expand & defend themselves.Yes there has been bullying (my daughter experienced it &handled it). Yes there are teachers in the school who are new/veterean who don't have their act together. Yes there are parents who work two jobs or they work 14 hour long jobs but support when they can. Put all this on a campus that holds middle & high school kids add some premature hormones &VaVoom! you get pre-teens acting out trying to find their place in the world. Teachers holding them & their parents accountable &youthful white lies. I was an active participant in Middle School it offered 6th graders a way to grow. She enteres 9th going into all honors as all the kids in this padiea & That is different too.As middle School goes it could be worse but it's not bad or horrible. Teacher says to me: She's got an 81 avg. because she sees ur ok w it...

My daughter is a 7th grader at East, this is her first year here. We were so excited for her to get the opportunity to attend a magnet school. Unfortunately this school has been a disappointment. Academically she is doing the same type of work as all the other public schools, she is very bored. The school has very little parent involvement and the teachers dont seem to be to concerned with what the children are doing or learning. The school is very ghetto, by far more than the school she is zoned for. This will our last year here.

Last modified East Nashville Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.