Nashville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,255

Posted December 06, 2013
I have been happy with this school. I do not have anything else to say at this time.

Posted December 06, 2013
My child has attended this school since 5th grade and is now it 7th. Her teachers have been very loving, but firm. She makes all A's and occasionally some B's. She's placing proficient/advanced on all her tests and has shown incredible growth on her TVAAS scores, which is a testament to her talented teachers. This year the middle school has a dedicated principal for our school. The parent body is very involved. There is an active corp group involved in the Parent Teacher Student Organization, who organized its first East Nashville Holiday Market. They partnered with Home Depot for a full renovation of both teacher lounges. There are a ton of deeply committed parents involved inextracurricular activities. Our sports team rank very high city-wide and my student has become accomplished in band. They started a marching band this year. The school has 100% graduation rate and most seniors are accepted into college. There are regular Math, Science, Social Studies, Literature and Paideia Nights for the whole family. I hear that sometimes some kids don't act respectfully to adults, but that hasn't affected my kid negatively. We teach our kid to be responsible for learning.

Posted December 06, 2013
Our family has had a terrific experience with this school. We get regular communication from the teachers and the principals are always available and respond quickly to any questions or concerns we may have. I wish the middle school had chorus and drama, but academically the teachers and the curriculum are sound. My kids rides the bike bus in the neighborhood, which is a collective way for or kids to commute. Awesome!

Posted September 19, 2013
My daughter is in her second year at East (btw - it is now called East Magnet not East Literature) and we have had many great experiences. She scores advanced on her TCAP's and DEA's, has fabulous teachers, has met people from all backgrounds and loves going to school. I honestly don't understand everyone knocking this school so badly - I volunteer a LOT and know the teachers and administration and have had lovely experiences there. The students address me respectfully and if they get out of line in class, they are disciplined fairly and quickly. East has a great athletics program and a wonderful band. It is in a cool historical building and some of the kids ride their bikes or walk to school. I know many of the parents volunteer in different capacities - with sports, band, in classrooms, at games or events, etc. There have been great changes happening at this school and it is getting better every day.

East Nashville Magnet School 1

Posted July 16, 2013
I think this school is very unorganized. The teachers don't know how to control there students. The schedules are very confusing and complicated. Mr.Davidson in the lunchroom is a terrible example for kids.

Posted June 13, 2013
East Magnet H.S. was the second H.S. attended. We found it to have caring teachers, school counselors, and principal. My child grew in many areas including academics but self confidence was an extra plus. I enjoyed many of the parents and found that they also wanted the best education for their child. Very pleased with the whole experience at this wonderful High School.

East Nashville Magnet School 1

Posted June 12, 2013
East Nashville Magnet isn't the best school. My Niece has been going there for two years. 5th and 6th grade..However, because of the behavior at East she will be leaving for this coming year. From what we've heard from her, all of the students curse, and are distracting in her classes, all of her 5th and 6th grade classmates caused nothing but trouble, from fights to back talking the teacher. Most students got a office referral every-day. This is a very ghetto school. I wouldn't recommend this school.

Posted June 18, 2012
I have a daughter who just graduated from EMS. East is located in/near the downtown nashville area. This community is peppered w folks from lower to high/upper middle class. I come from a NYC educated background & an ivy league degree. A lot of folks/local/small town transplants are not used to This kind of socialization & allowing children to grow expand & defend themselves.Yes there has been bullying (my daughter experienced it &handled it). Yes there are teachers in the school who are new/veterean who don't have their act together. Yes there are parents who work two jobs or they work 14 hour long jobs but support when they can. Put all this on a campus that holds middle & high school kids add some premature hormones &VaVoom! you get pre-teens acting out trying to find their place in the world. Teachers holding them & their parents accountable &youthful white lies. I was an active participant in Middle School it offered 6th graders a way to grow. She enteres 9th going into all honors as all the kids in this padiea & That is different too.As middle School goes it could be worse but it's not bad or horrible. Teacher says to me: She's got an 81 avg. because she sees ur ok w it...

East Nashville Magnet School 2

Posted January 18, 2012
My daughter is a 7th grader at East, this is her first year here. We were so excited for her to get the opportunity to attend a magnet school. Unfortunately this school has been a disappointment. Academically she is doing the same type of work as all the other public schools, she is very bored. The school has very little parent involvement and the teachers dont seem to be to concerned with what the children are doing or learning. The school is very ghetto, by far more than the school she is zoned for. This will our last year here.

East Nashville Magnet School 2

Posted October 03, 2011
This is NOT a good school! My daughter has been going to East since 5th grade. The middle school was fine but the high school is HORRIBLE! The current principal has let a lot of the older teachers go and has brought it a lot of young teachers who cannot control the classrooms. My daughter has had money, textbooks and other personal items stolen from her locked backpack. She was unable to leave these items in her locker since her assigned locker was on the opposite floor as all of her classes so never had time between classes to even use her locker. We are so tired of the disruptive classroom environment and the thieving ingrates that go there so we are pulling her and homeschooling instead. I would not reccommend this school at all. There are a few core parents who support their children and the school programs but the rest seem to be MIA and don't care at all what their kids do. The only time these parents are seen is when their kids are in trouble and then they refuse to believe that their kids did anything wrong. This school is full of thieves with the entitlement mentality and the leadership does nothing to help prevent this.

East Nashville Magnet School
110 Gallatin Rd, Nashville, TN  37206
Last modified East Nashville Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Nashville Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 83 reviews. Top