Nashville, TN

Posted December 27, 2012
W.A bass was horrible ..... i went there and i suffured from bulling and threats from the other students ......i told most of the staff and they really didnt do anything but i miss a certion person that was a principle tho....

Mckissack Middle School 3

Posted May 29, 2011
I'm leaving Bass this year, and I think that it has made improvements, however the fact that they are moving it to McKissack, I don't know how that will do, new students will arrive, but it may do better. Bus routes will probably change. However, Bass is better than it was when I was in 5th grade, the principle needs to be replaced though. The assistant principle should be the principle in my opinion. He does a much better job with the students, and holds a good relationship with them. Getting to understand them. It makes it feel like a family and not just a school.

Posted May 18, 2011
Bass is horrible , my child will not be attending there next year, some of the teachers lack experience and the principal needs to be removed

Mckissack Middle School 3

Posted May 17, 2011
If your child is the failing student then you should start at home and not the blog. Im currently at Bass and do not at all feel threatend by any of these students. Manage your classroom or the kids will manage you. I agree teaching in the inner-city anywhere is not easy, but it can be done.

Posted May 11, 2010
it is horrible needs to be more discipline and the t-CAP scores need to raise

Posted March 21, 2009
I taught at Bass. I ran out of there as fast as I could. The school is unsafe for both children and adults; the level of leadership and accountabilty is horrible. Administration leads by threats and this permeates throughout the school.

Mckissack Middle School 4

Posted October 02, 2008
Bass is a wonderful school. The kids are all well mannered and hard workers. The teachers are loyal to the student education being the to the maximum of their abilities, and the staff as a whole is a family, taking care of our children. Parent involvement is the only down side to this school.

Mckissack Middle School 4

Posted January 23, 2008
I am very proud of the changes this school has made. The staff works very hard around the clock to continue to improve this school. We have wonderful teachers and support staff who are making a difference. You can see it in the children, in the grades, in the behavior. This school has had a remarkeable amount of improvement this year alone. I am very impressed and hope Mrs. Murphy-principal, and her staff continue to make it happen for our children at Bass Middle.. The safety concern is to a minimum. The push for excellence is at an all time high for this school. The environment the children work and learn in everyday is more structured and the determination is felt in the school by all. Our children are being pushed and given the drive to succeed here, and it is time the public knew it.

Mckissack Middle School 2

Posted March 20, 2007
If its not a must, then try to go to another school. This school does not feature any art classes and the overall students behavior is awful. The school is below in academics compared to the states average. There are some good students here, however. Also most of the teachers are great and very caring.

Mckissack Middle School 5

Posted April 21, 2005
I am a former student at Bass and I love this school alot. I got a good education and had fun at the same time. Even though some of the students didnt want to learn it made the teachers work harder at being sucessful.

Mckissack Middle School
915 38th Avenue North, Nashville, TN  37209
Last modified Mckissack Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mckissack Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top