Nashville, TN

Bellevue Middle School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 14, 2015
Bullying it dirty and gross so So that why I don't like Bellevue middle school yeah.

Posted June 14, 2015
This school is horrible I mean they have smart classes dumb classes no discipline they change principles like once every year, at least once every year we had three principles this year for goodness sake. Did I mention bullying goes on. Everything there is dirty and the kids have no respect. Well that's why I don't Bellevue middle school.

Posted March 31, 2015
I am a student and I attended Bellevue Middle School for 3 years I came In 6th grade and It was so wonderful teachers are great they show so much care. I'm a 9th grader and I attend Hillwood High School I rate this school with all 5 stars If It was more starts I would rate It more. When I was there I had relationships with my teachers but there was one I'm most closes to her name Is Mrs. Murphy Brown. She was my 7th grade math teacher she's a great teacher she's all about pushing kids to do there very best ! I She believed in me when nobody else did and still to this day we are very close. Bellevue Middle School Is a very safe and fun school I never knew learning would be so much fun before I when to Bellevue . I visit every so often , sports are great fun & I enjoyed playing Basketball & Volleyball there we won 4th place my 8th grade year go OWLS !!! - a student

Posted March 30, 2015
An International Baccalaureate World school, situated next door to the finest new library our city could have built! Bellevue Middle has great teachers who use rigor and depth of content knowledge in their instruction. A true Nashville gem of a school!

Posted August 20, 2014
I also forgot to put with my 4 stars, she has one teacher who is wonderful to all students and I give her 5 stars, Mrs. St. Vincent. and the 4 stars is for, "an okay school".

Posted January 31, 2014
honestly, anyone who could rate this school 5 stars has never been to a really good school, or perhaps has never been to a school in another state. Tennessee is near the bottom of the list of states (counting public schools). instead of computers they have a garden. the high school that this middle school goes to has a principal that says it's important to teach kids how to work in food service, because "most of them will be working there." not the right attitude. i have lived in 5 states and the other four all had better public schools, and no forced busing, just neighborhood kids.
4 people found this helpful

Posted August 30, 2013
This is the worst school my child has attended so far and we have been in many places. Come on Nashville, what's up with your school system? '

Posted May 20, 2013
I'm an 8th grader at this school, and since my year is drawing to a close, I'm going to share my experience with you all. As some have said, the school has a new Principal, Michelle Springer. She's not really the best, I miss Dr. Hargis. Dr. Springer has changed the school quite a bit, but I feel like it's a bit of a worse change. She has made incentives for the students, but I think that makes discipline kind of drop. There are a lot of problems with this school, namely that some of the teachers don't care, the cafeteria is a mess, there's not any discipline, and Phys. Ed is kind of broken now. However, the new Art program is AMAZING! I'm an advanced art student and I LOVE Mrs. Dourghty. I used to be in Bellevue's band, but I think Mr. Waters is a bit too harsh on the newcomers. I think next year they should enforce discipline and make amends to the bullying issues going on. I do not think the Guidance counselors are really looking out for the students, and they should enable the students to have a voice. I also think they need to hire better staff.
2 people found this helpful

Posted May 16, 2013
Phenomenal band program and there are some wonderful teachers. Unfortunately, there is a serious administration problem. Bullying is ignored. I've watched teachers and staff scream at kids. The new principal has said she can't control all of those kids - well, then, don't be the principal.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 30, 2013
BMS has advanced this year to a better than ever public academy. Test scores has improved, programs have been added to improve the education of each individual child. And look at the STAR rating. Once a three now a four! My daughter is an excellent student and her teachers have gone above and beyond to help us with any questions about her education. With their community involvement (visits from the mayors office) and amazing GARDEN, I congratulate BMS! You are moving in the right direction! An added bonus is the band and strings orchestra programs! The children are continuing spanish and excited about the new play this week. Parent involvement is essential and another reason this school is performing better than ever!

Bellevue Middle School
655 Colice Jeanne Road, Nashville, TN  37221
Last modified Bellevue Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bellevue Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top