Nashville, TN

Posted March 31, 2015
I am a student and I attended Bellevue Middle School for 3 years I came In 6th grade and It was so wonderful teachers are great they show so much care. I'm a 9th grader and I attend Hillwood High School I rate this school with all 5 stars If It was more starts I would rate It more. When I was there I had relationships with my teachers but there was one I'm most closes to her name Is Mrs. Murphy Brown. She was my 7th grade math teacher she's a great teacher she's all about pushing kids to do there very best ! I She believed in me when nobody else did and still to this day we are very close. Bellevue Middle School Is a very safe and fun school I never knew learning would be so much fun before I when to Bellevue . I visit every so often , sports are great fun & I enjoyed playing Basketball & Volleyball there we won 4th place my 8th grade year go OWLS !!! - a student

Posted March 30, 2015
An International Baccalaureate World school, situated next door to the finest new library our city could have built! Bellevue Middle has great teachers who use rigor and depth of content knowledge in their instruction. A true Nashville gem of a school!

Posted August 20, 2014
I also forgot to put with my 4 stars, she has one teacher who is wonderful to all students and I give her 5 stars, Mrs. St. Vincent. and the 4 stars is for, "an okay school".

Bellevue Middle School 1

Posted January 31, 2014
honestly, anyone who could rate this school 5 stars has never been to a really good school, or perhaps has never been to a school in another state. Tennessee is near the bottom of the list of states (counting public schools). instead of computers they have a garden. the high school that this middle school goes to has a principal that says it's important to teach kids how to work in food service, because "most of them will be working there." not the right attitude. i have lived in 5 states and the other four all had better public schools, and no forced busing, just neighborhood kids.
4 people found this helpful

Posted May 20, 2013
I'm an 8th grader at this school, and since my year is drawing to a close, I'm going to share my experience with you all. As some have said, the school has a new Principal, Michelle Springer. She's not really the best, I miss Dr. Hargis. Dr. Springer has changed the school quite a bit, but I feel like it's a bit of a worse change. She has made incentives for the students, but I think that makes discipline kind of drop. There are a lot of problems with this school, namely that some of the teachers don't care, the cafeteria is a mess, there's not any discipline, and Phys. Ed is kind of broken now. However, the new Art program is AMAZING! I'm an advanced art student and I LOVE Mrs. Dourghty. I used to be in Bellevue's band, but I think Mr. Waters is a bit too harsh on the newcomers. I think next year they should enforce discipline and make amends to the bullying issues going on. I do not think the Guidance counselors are really looking out for the students, and they should enable the students to have a voice. I also think they need to hire better staff.

Posted May 16, 2013
Phenomenal band program and there are some wonderful teachers. Unfortunately, there is a serious administration problem. Bullying is ignored. I've watched teachers and staff scream at kids. The new principal has said she can't control all of those kids - well, then, don't be the principal.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 30, 2013
BMS has advanced this year to a better than ever public academy. Test scores has improved, programs have been added to improve the education of each individual child. And look at the STAR rating. Once a three now a four! My daughter is an excellent student and her teachers have gone above and beyond to help us with any questions about her education. With their community involvement (visits from the mayors office) and amazing GARDEN, I congratulate BMS! You are moving in the right direction! An added bonus is the band and strings orchestra programs! The children are continuing spanish and excited about the new play this week. Parent involvement is essential and another reason this school is performing better than ever!

Bellevue Middle School 3

Posted April 10, 2013
I rate this school as average because unfortunately it is a roller coaster ride from one year to the next. We've had two kids go here and the years have varied greatly depending upon the teachers you get and whomever is the current principal. I'd say about half of the teachers are really good and truly a treasure. They're involved with your kid, respond to your emails/calls, and are genuinely interested in helping you get the most out of your child. They're what make this school worthwhile. However, there are also some bad teachers who don't show a lot of ability and don't respond to parent inquiries. Recently a new principal has taken over and the school has changed for the worse. Students are complaining of inequalities and parents are grumbling about increased teacher absenteeism and an overall change in culture and attitudes. This will probably change again as Metro shifts administration around, but for now it's definitely on a downward trend.

Bellevue Middle School 4

Posted April 08, 2013
I'm a current junior at Hume-Fogg and feel like I have enough retrospect to accurately describe BMS. I consistently found amazing teachers in my years there. Mr. Hedges and Mr. Waters come to mind most prominently, but were certainly not the only ones. Unfortunately, a lot of the positive experiences I had with those teachers were marred by absolute DISASTERS who I can honestly say never taught me a thing. One science teacher only showed up half of the time, leaving our teaching to subs. One geography teacher's class consisted of the same three students reading the textbook out loud in front of the class for the entire year while she texted. 50% of the teachers were wonderful and impacted my education positively, 30% were okay, but that last 20% frustrated me beyond belief. Band requires its own paragraph. While I did end up dropping it not long into high school, my band experience at Bellevue was the first time I was ever truly challenged by a teacher and made to feel like I was doing something of worth. It's a roller coaster ride, but it's worth it in the end if you give it your all. Despite its flaws, I'd take a Bellevue education over a private one any day.

Posted February 11, 2013
Such a wondrous school!When I first came to Nashville,I first attended here 5th grade.I had to transfer mid year and that was the worst thing ever.The staff are very,VERY polite,and they have bent over backwards for me.My mother didn't have a car and I had a dentist appointment during school,and I lived across the street from the school,and they let me go and watched me walk home.I love and miss this school.I was in the band,and my band teacher couldn't be better.He taught me how to play 2 instruments.If ever you are coming to Nashville,the best cluster of public schools are the ones in the Bellevue area definitely!Very diverse.

Bellevue Middle School
655 Colice Jeanne Road, Nashville, TN  37221
Last modified Bellevue Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bellevue Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top