Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

-a student I've attended the school since 5th grade(currently in 8th). While there have been quite a few problems with cleanliness, bullying, etc, those things are inevitable in middle school. I have had some of the most wonderful teachers(calling out Miss Molly Schaeffer!), and am sad to have to leave. The strings program(Go Mrs. Fun!!!!!) has been one of the most life-changing things to happen to me. The strings/band/rockband programs are all led wonderfully and I hope that continues. As for cliques, for most of my time here is been the populars and the nerds. Most are still accepting and quite a few hang with both crouds. As for bullying, there has been quite a bit, more in my younger years. Everythings been getting better among the subject but I do believe it could be much, much better. Teachers&staff: There have only been a couple teachers I've had problems with. Aside from them, the staff here is amazing! The office staff are some of the kindest people I've met! And I'd love to recognise a few teachers for being so great! Amanda Funderburk, Molly Shaeffer, Thereasa Bogema, Jacob Dwyer, Mrs. Adkins(it's been a while, and I just can't seem to remember her last name!), Kelley Bujdos, and many more! If you're moving to the area and are looking at the schools, I'd highly recommend BMS. This school has really shaped up who I am and prepared me for highschool. Thanks, BMS, for being one of the best schools I've attended!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I LOVE my teachers they are so nice!! :D

Amount of homework: Agree

Not too much homework (thank god) I don't like homework though the homework they do give us is very effective

Hi! I LOVE everything about this school! I especially love band and strings! I also love how they have 4 tiers based on tests! I have learned so much in this school but sadly I am leaving. Good luck bellevue middle school.

This is our first year at BMS. We have experienced nothing but good things. Our daughter (5th grader) absolutely loves her teachers; other staff members. The PTO also works very hard for the school. The band program, is excellent. We are really enjoying the first year!!!

Develops character: Neutral

As parents we develop these values in our children. I will agree that at least the school is in a great neighborhood and there are some teachers that help to foster these attributes in the students.

While this school is in one of the best areas in Nashville (we love this community), it bothers me that the administration, teachers, etc. don't seem to care about the entire student body. This is a diverse school demographically, however, it seems to cater to a specific demographic and provides resources and outlets to that demographic, utilizing unfair and unequal practices towards others. I expected more. They claim to be community minded , but who represents the "U" in unity, the derivative of the word? It's disheartening to parents, worked hard to receive their higher education and nurture their families in supposedly loving and caring communities and who instill in their children the importance of a great secondary education and higher education, that some children are simply lumped into categories and labels, without thought. Also the teachers seem more caring of those who naturally do well in school but those who struggle they seem to not have effective teaching skills in handling more tactile and/or verbal learners. Every child is different and every teacher should approach each child differently to ensure they have a wonderful secondary educational experience. And as for the new principal as of 2015...I don't even want to go there...horrible!

Develops character: Strongly agree

Since the beginning of this school year-we have watched the teachers and coaches and counselors reignite their determination to get our school headed BACK in the right direction!!!!

This is not the school it's the system Because district level policy asks admin to do everything they can to keep all kid(s) in school- because the educators are now expected to be the parents, therapists, coaches, security, big brothers and sisters. Leaves very little time to teach

Good location in Bellevue, also good teachers my son and daughter study at this school

Last modified Bellevue Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.