Bad
Good

Cockrill Elementary School 4

Posted May 06, 2014
Teachers at Cockrill Elementary School are very dedicated to each and every student. We value parental input and welcome their support. The best thing about our school is the way faculty & staff care for the students. Our students know we care deeply about them and will do just about anything to help them succeed in school. Our academic scores are getting better, but we still have a way to go. We are working hard to become the best elementary school in West Nashville!

Posted May 05, 2014
I have been at Cockrill for 15 years. The teachers and staff are very loving and caring. Mrs. Cochrane and Dr Fuqua are Awesome. Cockrill is a GREAT school for children.

Posted April 30, 2014
Cockrill is the new up and coming neighborhood school! It is a Project Based Learning model school for the district. Students work towards the behavior bashes! If you send your child to this school you will be extremely satisfied!

Posted April 29, 2014
Cockrill Elementary is a great school to work at. I would feel comfortable sending my own kids here. These old reviews do not accurately reflect the atmosphere of the current school. All the teachers here are hard working and care deeply about their students. I know we strive to have open communication between parents and the school. Our principal is a great leader and also takes great interest in each individual student. She is supportive to both parents and staff. We work very hard to make sure each student succeeds and is recieving the help they need to be successful. We offer many great programs that give students extra support at the school.

Posted April 28, 2014
Cockrill Elementary is a school that is equipped with excellent teachers, staff and administration. We provide a safe environment where students are provided a high quality education. We believe that all students can achieve at high levels and we strive for academic excellence each day. We believe that a superior education is a foundation for a successful life.

Posted April 27, 2014
I believe our school can compent with anyone. Great teachers. Everyone has a single purpose. To help the children suceed.

Posted April 25, 2014
MAY 2014 Cockrill Elementary is a wonderful school which has undergone a complete change in administration, staff and climate. Our staff consistently rates this as a great place to work, parents and community are very involved and students are making great gains! Come visit us! **PLEASE LOOK AT DATES OF COMMENTS BEFORE MAKING A DECISION ABOUT OUR SCHOOL - MANY ARE VERY OUTDATED**

Posted March 08, 2011
I love this school! I had a problem with my sons report card and requested to meet with the teacher and principal. That week we all met along with other faultily members, and was able to resolve the problem. My sons teacher is a very good, but firm teacher. She will give it like she sees it with no sugar. She pushes and compliments the children, to their full potential. But with me, theirs no sugar and she to the point good or bad. I didn't understand this at first; after the meeting I understand and respect that she wants to inform me, yet her main goal iis getting back to the children.

Cockrill Elementary School 2

Posted February 03, 2011
The teachers, principal, and staff at this school are rude, disrespectful, non-responsive and hateful. There is a culture of bias and disrespect throughout the entire school from the classrooms to the office staff. The staff routinely spends time gossiping about the children instead of taking that time to create a plan to educate them in the area needed. There are parents who take the time and initiative to assist in their childs education and who are not lazy but are faced with this sort of....(not ignorance but intentional bias) of certain children in an education staff. They are truly not in the business of education!!!

Cockrill Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2010
my daughters teacher isn't helpful, sends almost 20 pages of school work home and more when she is out of school sick or doc appointments! her teacher complains about certain things that has already been told to where my daughter doesn't need! the office staff is very rude and unresponsive.. i rate this school unsatisfactory! i think they need the staff and some teachers from Eakin Elementary to go there and help straighten that cockrill out! also the principle from 2007 and 2008 at Eakin!

Cockrill Elementary School
4701 Indiana Ave, Nashville, TN  37209
Last modified Cockrill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.