Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 27, 2016
Ms. Dunne and Ms. Griffin for being the only teachers that cared for me and other student's well being and education. You inspire me still.

Dupont Tyler Middle School 1

Posted February 27, 2016
The teachers don't care at all about students. I went there and it was terrible. There were no good full time teachers, and if there were they would do nothing to help us. I was bullied, no one helped. The counselors never helped me thru anything. The kids are mean, the teachers are mean, the teaching it horrible. Please for the love of god don't send your kid(s) here.

Posted August 26, 2015
The faculty have a clear vision and direction. The school principal is very solution focus and open to suggestions. Great school

Dupont Tyler Middle School 1

Posted December 09, 2014
The teachers at this school dont care about student safety at all. My son has been picked on all year and nothing has been done at all. Finally these kids that have called him racial names such as white boy and cracker decided to beat him up at school and my son did not fight back and still got suspended. When the children sat in the office they spoke about how they were going to knock my child out and still nothing has been done. Keep your kids away from here i am following up with a lawyer to take legal action since no authority figure can step up and do their job at that school.

Posted April 24, 2010
My son is in his 4th year now, and I have grown very fond of this school. There are some really great teachers there, and the new Principal has really turned things around.

Posted September 15, 2009
The school is like the Military without education. If they would give the children challening work these kids would not have some much idle time to get into trouble.

Dupont Tyler Middle School 4

Posted September 08, 2009
My son is just starting Dupont-Tyler as a fifth grader this year. From what I have seen so far, the school seems pretty nice. He and I are both excited that they offer both a band and orchestra program. His teachers seem to be just the right balance of compassionate, yet firm. Unlike other posts, my son has been bringing home homework pretty much every night (except Wed, which his teacher doesn't give that night). One of his teachers even gave the parents her personal cell phone number to call if any problems or questions. There also seems to be a good deal of parental involvement. They try to offer fun rewards for the students, such as school dances. The building/facilities leave something to be desired, but it is my belief that you can learn anywhere as long as the student is willing to do the work required.

Posted November 03, 2008
My son is in the sixth grade. He has homework, sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. My son is in the band and loves it! The teachers give him a lot of individual help and are great with communication. We are thrilled to be at this school and find everyone to be great!

Dupont Tyler Middle School 2

Posted August 09, 2008
My son will be going into 6th grade this year and I have to agree with the other to parents about homework, education..., I do agree that Ms. Cutsinger is wonderful and the few members of the staff that I have met our great too.

Posted November 16, 2005
Dupont Tyler has been a great chance for me to get a great education. Our teachers are the best you can get. Right now I am taking 3 highschool credit classes and I have already passed algebra for a highschool credit last year in the 7th grade.Thats how great my teachers are. They help me learn. Thanks to them, I had some of the highest TCAP scores in the state last year. I truley think it is the best school in the McGavock cluster. We have one of the best band progams in the state, which I am also in. I played football last year and this year and i know we have a great athletic program. They also let kids be leaders. I have been on student council since I came to 5th grade. Our school is just wonderful.

431 Tyler Drive, Nashville, TN  37076
Last modified Dupont Tyler Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.