Bad
Good

The teachers don't care at all about students. I went there and it was terrible. There were no good full time teachers, and if there were they would do nothing to help us. I was bullied, no one helped. The counselors never helped me thru anything. The kids are mean, the teachers are mean, the teaching it horrible. Please for the love of god don't send your kid(s) here.

The faculty have a clear vision and direction. The school principal is very solution focus and open to suggestions. Great school

The teachers at this school dont care about student safety at all. My son has been picked on all year and nothing has been done at all. Finally these kids that have called him racial names such as white boy and cracker decided to beat him up at school and my son did not fight back and still got suspended. When the children sat in the office they spoke about how they were going to knock my child out and still nothing has been done. Keep your kids away from here i am following up with a lawyer to take legal action since no authority figure can step up and do their job at that school.

My son is in his 4th year now, and I have grown very fond of this school. There are some really great teachers there, and the new Principal has really turned things around.

The school is like the Military without education. If they would give the children challening work these kids would not have some much idle time to get into trouble.

My son is just starting Dupont-Tyler as a fifth grader this year. From what I have seen so far, the school seems pretty nice. He and I are both excited that they offer both a band and orchestra program. His teachers seem to be just the right balance of compassionate, yet firm. Unlike other posts, my son has been bringing home homework pretty much every night (except Wed, which his teacher doesn't give that night). One of his teachers even gave the parents her personal cell phone number to call if any problems or questions. There also seems to be a good deal of parental involvement. They try to offer fun rewards for the students, such as school dances. The building/facilities leave something to be desired, but it is my belief that you can learn anywhere as long as the student is willing to do the work required.

My son is in the sixth grade. He has homework, sometimes a lot, sometimes a little. My son is in the band and loves it! The teachers give him a lot of individual help and are great with communication. We are thrilled to be at this school and find everyone to be great!

My son will be going into 6th grade this year and I have to agree with the other to parents about homework, education..., I do agree that Ms. Cutsinger is wonderful and the few members of the staff that I have met our great too.

Last modified Dupont Tyler Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.