Nashville, TN

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Eakin Family! Having grown up in middle Tennessee all my life, I consider it a privilege and an honor to partner with the great Eakin community of parents, students, and teachers by serving as Principal of Eakin Elementary School! I am a native Nashvillian, born and raised in Music City, and I graduated from John Overton High School in 1998. After high school graduation, I went on to the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga on a Division I wrestling scholarship and completed my degree in the School of Education with a focus in Secondary Education and a specific concentration in the Social Sciences. After completing my undergraduate degree, my hometown of Nashville was calling me back, so it did not take me long to move, to begin my teaching career at Gra-Mar Middle School. At Gra-Mar, I served at-risk students in inner-city Nashville while teaching World Geography and Literature to seventh graders. Being a consummate and lifelong learner, I set out to complete a Masters Degree in Educational Leadership during my time in Metro-Nashville Public Schools. I graduated with that degree in 2006 from Trevecca Nazarene University. Upon completion of my Masters Degree, I was recruited to Williamson County Schools to assist in opening Sunset Middle School in 2006. I taught seventh grade World Geography and eighth grade U.S. History as well as Teen Leadership while at Sunset Middle. In addition to teaching and facilitating content, you could find me coaching soccer, coaching wrestling, serving on various leadership teams, and assisting with numerous community service activities during my tenure as a classroom educator. After seven years as an educator in the classroom, I was then recruited once again to assist a different Williamson County middle school when it opened its inaugural doors. I served Spring Station Middle School for four years as their Assistant Principal, from 2010-2014. During my time as a Williamson County school leader, I obtained a doctorate in Leadership and Professional Practice from Trevecca Nazarene University in the year 2013. Now, at this present time, I am humbled call myself Eakin's principal. I find myself here at Eakin to lead this community so that Each and Every Student at Eakin Elementary School has the very best education and learning experiences in the city, state, and country. When I am not assisting with the teaching and learning experience at Eakin, I like to participate in reading, watching sporting events live and on television, traveling, running marathons, serving at my local church, hanging out with my wife, Kaydee, our two children, Kyan and Tegan, and our long-haired dachshund, Edgar. Once you get to know me, it will not be long before you recognize that I bleed black and gold, and I'm an avid fan of the Vanderbilt Commodores! Even more than my beloved Commodores, I view my time with students, teachers, parents, and the overall school community to be one of utmost importance and significance. With a caring disposition and energetic and enthusiastic demeanor, I am always available for a conversation. I can be reached via email at Timothy.Drinkwine@mnps.org, or by phone at 615-298-8076.
September 03, 2014

Posted August 13, 2015
Love, love the teachers, the school community and how it's ONE big family... Lots of knowledge sharing, respect & care for our kids

Posted August 12, 2015
We love Eakin. This is our second year there, with two kids attending. All of the teachers at the school are engaged, organized, demanding, loving, and, most importantly, desperately committed to all of the children. We have been nothing but pleased with the school administration, staff, and PTO. It is truly a wonderful community school, and we have never questioned or second-guessed our decision to send our children to Eakin instead of a local private school.

Posted August 11, 2015
Eakin has wonderful qualified teachers and faculty who care about students. The diverse student body, the caring community and awesome PTO only add to the excellent education our daughter is receiving. I honestly feel like Eakin can compete with any private school.

Posted May 19, 2015
We love this school! We have a soon to be 2nd grader and in coming Kindergartener and we are so glad we made the choice to lottery into Eakin.

Posted May 08, 2015
Terrific neighborhood school with a great principle and tireless PTO! The aftercare program is an incredible resource.

Posted May 08, 2015
We love Eakin! We were new to Eakin this year, and we've been blown away by the quality of the teaching, the incredible child-centered focus, and the enthusiastic involvement of the PTO. Eakin is truly a great school!

Posted May 07, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about our wonderful neighborhood school. After 4 years here with my two daughters, it feels like home. It is the first time in my life I have truly known what the word community means. Families from across Nashville and across the globe...with different backgrounds and beliefs all working together and leanring. It gives me hope for the future. I have two daughters, including one who is gifted and who has special needs, and the staff have been wonderful and caring through the IEP and 504 process. Both who are getting what they need to thrive. Don't stop your reaearch here. Come tour. Look at the public Facebook Page /eakinpto and look on Twitter at @eakinpto and @eakineagles. You will love it here, no matter what your background! Ps our Middle School West End and our high school Hillsboro are both great too!

Posted May 07, 2015
Our school rocks. The faculty, and staff are wonderful to work with. I enjoy seeing all the students and parents. The students have a special place in my heart. I want to always be there for them. Thankful to be a part of this school.

Posted April 14, 2015
This school is great and really gives you the world. great after school activities. best of all is diversity and teachers.

Eakin Elementary School 2

Posted March 18, 2015
Continuation, page 5...Parents, read the breakdown in the scoring...Eakin was a 7 or 8 for the white students, but a disappointing 2 for black students...is this due to the inability of the African American children to thrive academically?...or is this due to lack of teacher encouragement and involvement with these children, while they ensure that the white students are receiving the encouragement, grouping, and attention they need to have a solid academic foundation that carries them through the upper grade levels?...the latter, I would confidently say.

Eakin Elementary School
2500 Fairfax Ave., Nashville, TN  37212
Last modified Eakin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eakin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top