Glencliff Comp High School

Public | 9-12

Posted November 6, 2013

This school is one of the best school. The teachers are very helpful, nice, hard workers, and full of attention towards your future. The clubs in this school are one of the best because you are actually using your hands.

Posted May 30, 2011

I am a member of the Glencliff community and I can tell you that this school is unbelievalbe. They won the National Community School of Excellence Award, have the Freshman Academy of the Year, and won the Signature School Grammy Award. While their scores are not as high as some other schools, the kids learned and graduation rates continue to rise. Great administrators, teachers and students.

Posted October 20, 2010

Glencliff's student body represents over 42 unique nationalities. Located just south of downtown Nashville, Glencliff high school draws its student body from the largest and most diverse immigrant and refugee populations in Nasvhille. Glencliff is currently home to Nashville's largest school vegetable garden, an effort geared toward ensuring student access to fresh fruits and vegetables while also educating them about nutrition and health.

Posted April 3, 2010

Hi. I am currently a Junior at Glencliff High School, and I've been attending Glencliff since my Freshman year. I truly do love this school and proud to be attending it. I love how diverts it is, and how its a school that really welcomes everybody regardless of their race, religion, believes. Thats why it makes me very upset when people ask me what school i go to and I reply Glencliff and they just make this face and say 'oh Glencliff'. Thats when I get very defensive and I start telling them how much of a great school Glencliff really is. It seems like we get on the news for so many great things but as soon as one little bad thing happens, it over shines everything we've been working hard for. If it was up to me to rate Glencliff I would give it 10 stars!

Posted January 14, 2010

First of all, I would like to begin by pointing out how things do change, and Glencliff is one fo them. People are you usually bias to their individual opinion,so that might have an effect on the outcome of their review. If the worst reviews given are true, then the whole Glencliff body lives in a completely different world now. This school is indeed a wonderful school, especially if you decide to make and get out everything of it. I am currently a Junior at this school and have gained so much that it would take a whole term paper to describe it. Soccer,Advanced Placement classes, after school tutoring and more are things that you can experience at this school. The current rating,in my opinion, needs to be at least put up one more star. At this school, you get out of it what you put in to it. : )

Posted January 13, 2010

I feel that Glencliff high has a lot to offer the students who attend there. wonderful stories every day. I want to thank the administration and teachers for showing me my true potential.

Posted November 24, 2009

Glencliff is an enjoyable place to work. The administration is supportive of teachers and the success of the students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted November 18, 2009

Glencliff High School to me, is the best school in our district. I've learned so much here that i couldn't have learned at another school. We are trying so hard to become a better school more and more everyday. I am a senior and since my sophomore year, there has been a great deal of change. There are leadership opportunities, clubs, and other orginizations here that you could be involved in to better yourself, the school, and the community. Glencliff is a great place to get your education and to learn about a diverse groups of people.

Posted November 18, 2009

Glencliff Is really a good School...I think They help us see wat we are going to do in the real world and the principal Is great

Posted October 6, 2009

we love glenclif the princalpal has made the school a better place for the student.

Posted December 13, 2009

I love glencliff high it rocks i miss it and the loving teachers in it.

Posted October 25, 2008

Ok I do attend Glencliff class of 2011 and honestly this school is excenlt. I went on mnps.org and looked up the test scores and behavior for the school and the funny thing is that someone of the so called great schools aren't as great as they seem to be. And our princpal Mr. Majors is an amazing princpal and his leadership is a 5 star rating. So all these dumb reviews are just people who couldn't make it in the real world Glencliff is a slice of the real world and if you can not make it in high school then you can't make it in life. There are everyday people who cause problems it just takes a man or woman to endure such things.

Posted August 29, 2008

I am a recent garduate of Glencliff, class of 2008, and I do not recommend sending your child to this school. It's really not a very safe school. While I do feel somewhat prepared for this year being my first year of college that's only thanks to about 3 of my senior class teachers, before then I wasnt learning very much. If you absolutly have to go there and plan to go to college you better study hard on your own because you will need. The violence is ridiculous at Glencliff, sometimes the fight would be almost over by the time someone got there to break it up. None of the students have respect for any others students or teachers. Thats really the reason why the school isn't the best. The school would be better academically if the students actually paid attention or respected the teachers.

Posted September 30, 2006

I am currently a sophomore at Glencliff High. The reviews for this school make it seem awful, but it is in fact a very good school. The teachers are a little odd, I must admit, but they seem okay. A few of my favorite teachers I ever had are in this school (Ms. Bell, Coach Staggs, and Mr. Paddock, to name a few). It's not perfect. No one ever said it was. But it's got heart. The teachers, while a few are a tad boring, all do their best with all the afterschool programs and such they have. Many are willing to stay after hours and tutor their students, and that's something you won't find in many magnet schools. I know, I've been in them for a long time.... In closing, many other people claim they don't feel safe in GHS. I feel safer there then I ever have in any other school.

Posted August 17, 2006

Glencliff High School was the best school,when I went there in 1998-2000. I enjoyed the music deparment, the marching band was top notch, and the sports were at it's best when I attended. Now it been a few years since I've been there, but I'm sure that the academic programs are just as good if not better then before. I feel that Glencliff is the best, and that's how I feel...

Posted July 13, 2006

This school the worst school to attend. The violence is ridiculous. There are more fights than you can count. The principals and teachers don't enforce the rules as they should. They let people off on everything.

Posted June 3, 2006

I graduated from Glencliff in 2001 and I do not recommend this school to anyone. I truly feel that the teachers hated being there as much as the students. I spent 4 years at Glencliff and I can count on one hand the teachers that I felt cared about the students. One of the principals really tried to make a difference but that school needs a whole lot more than one caring principal. I thought I was prepared for college but I was dead wrong. I would erg anyone who was thinking about sending there child to Glencliff, please reconcider.

Posted March 31, 2006

I think Glencliff is a really good school and I dont appreciate how we have been descibed it is my first year here and every teacher has encouraged me to do well especially my gudiance consular Ms.Jamie Kim. The uper classman are good about helping us out to. I not saying that there is not violence that happens because there is it is just not as much as everybody is trying to make it seem take a step in my shoes and you'll see Glencliff is the place to be.

Posted February 28, 2006

I graduated in 2004 from Glencliff and im now a sophomore/junior at Western Kentucky University majoring in Elementary Education. Glencliff has not prepared me, as well as others for college. There is only one teacher that had any effect on my learning and that was Mrs. Copas. More props to her! Other than the academics not bein to par, the violence is ridiculous. The students do not care about anyone else. Im not putting down any religion or ethnicity, but by there being so many different languages spoken, teachers had to go slower while teaching and have not been able to do much. If anyone is thinking of sending there kid there, don't! They will not learn anything from the school except different cultures, slang, and how to fight more than likely.

Posted January 29, 2006

I graduated there in 2004. I am now in college, but compared to other students from other areas, I was not prepared as well as I should have been with academics.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 65% in 2013.

321 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 42% in 2013.

263 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 62% in 2013.

309 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I

The state average for English I was 68% in 2013.

310 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 59% in 2013.

316 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

English III

The state average for English III was 40% in 2013.

214 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

255 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 7% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 79%N/A55%

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Wright Middle School
Cameron Middle School
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school officials and community members.

Special education / special needs

• Speech and language impairments
Foreign languages taught
  • French
  • Spanish

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options

• Video / Film production

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
  • The school enjoys a close relationship with the communities neighborhood organization. the school and community regular collaborate to address both social and school related issues.