Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 20, 2013
The majority of negative reviews here are outdated and from administrations when those things were, unfortunately, true. Today, Gra-Mar is a well-oiled machine under leadership which holds high expections for both staff and faculty. The teachers are there because they genuinely care about the population of students with which they work every day. A significantly high number of those teachers are considered Level 5 educators according to the current Tennessee teacher evaluation model and those educators continue to choose to work at Gra-Mar year after year. Discipline is fair and consistent and reflects the standards that the students are always held to. The facilities are clean and well-maintained reflecting the pride that everyone in the building holds for their school.

Posted November 13, 2013
Gra-mar Middle is one the best schools in the district. First, it is a great honor to have an opportunity to work with leadership as phenomenal as Gra-mar Middle. Secondly, to know that you are working with a principal, who has been honored principal of the year, gives me such gratification! Thirdly, the school is overwhelmed with professional leaders, awesome educatiors and great minds that are filled witlh knowledge(our students). Gra-mar educators have been exposed to many tools,have traveled meny miles to receive the exposure, have worked relentless hours, have tutoring before school, have made gains in our state scores, have implemented 30 minutes a day of DEAR(Drop Everything and Read) in all classes, advisory time and much more. This is why I chose to rate my school 100%, it"s not the speed of the race to the finish line. It's the progess you make each time to get to the finish line. With the phenomenal leadership, the awesome educators, and our great students, Gra-mar has any other choice but to continue to make gains and educate our GREAT MINDS(OUR STUDENTS),

Gra-Mar Middle School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
Only good reviews from this school are from the teachers! This school is horrible with discipline,teaching, all around a terrible environment& the teachers are VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!!!!!

Posted November 11, 2013
Gra-Mar Middle School has professional leadership and staff. It is an honor to work under the superior leadership of Dr. Williams, Mrs. Parrish, Mrs. Pinkerton, and team leaders of each grade level. They truly care about each students growth in education, and provide positive support to the staff. I love the 6th grade team and the positive attributes they provide the students. I especially appreciate having an awesome literacy coach, AVID coordinator, librarian and assistants that add value to the school as well as support the staff, and students. Proud to be a Gladiator!

Posted November 11, 2013
Gra-Mar is a great school to work at and a great school for students to learn. I have always said that if I can bring my own children to a school, then it must be the best. We have teachers that bring their own children to be taught at Gra-Mar Middle School. The staff cares about all of the children and will not be satisfied until all children achieve successfully. I am a part of the sensational 6 team, and this team sails successfully. So, if you want a quality education for your child, then Gra-Mar is the school.

Posted November 05, 2013
We are a learning academy! Our goal is for every child that comes to Gra-Mar to succeed! We have a wonderful Administration, faculty and staff! We have an open door policy so parents are welcome any time. our main focus is the students and their futhers! We have many outside activities for the students as well,We offer band and a variety of sports for the students to choose from. In my opion we are one of the very best schools in Metro Davidson County. We are like a big family that watches over and encourages all students! I am so happy to be a part of such a wonderful school, to work along side of educators that really do care and want every student be the best they can be. To help students understand that if they work hard, they can achive their dreams what ever that may be. To teach them to set goals for themselves and watch them achive those goals one at a time and celabrate their acomplishments!

Posted November 05, 2013
Gra-Mar Middle School is a great school with a kind and loving faculty and staff. I really enjoy working at Gra-Mar. Not only are the teachers my co-workers, they are my friends and they really care about the well-being of all students. We strive to make great gains every year and put the success of our students first. Our doors are always open, so if you want to come over and take a look, we welcome you with open arms!

Posted November 04, 2013
This school has a very dedicated staff and focused leadership. There is an exceptionally high proportion of Level 5 and Level 4 teachers compared to other similarly situated middle schools in the MNPS system. Student achievement has increased steadily over the last several years. Academic instruction is data-driven with teachers able to identify the needs of individual students in order to tailor classroom instruction to meet those needs while maintaining a high level of rigor. A culture of collaboration and school pride is constantly being fostered and nurtured. There is also a constant effort to keep the school atmosphere friendly, accepting, and inviting for all students and faculty.

Posted November 04, 2013
Gra-Mar has a wonderful and innovative learning style that takes learning further than just the common core standards. The teachers implement things that the kids can related to to achieve more learning(rap type songs to help with math skills and vocabulary skills). I have three children that attend; and they are very excited with the different teaching styles. The Principals are friendly and fair.

Gra-Mar Middle School 1

Posted July 31, 2012
My boys have been in Nashville City schools for four years. If you want your children to get an education do not send them to this school!!!!!!!!! I'm taking my boys back to ohio with a can get an education

Gra-Mar Middle School
575 Joyce La, Nashville, TN  37216
Last modified Gra-Mar Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gra-Mar Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top