Nashville, TN

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 01, 2015
Since my daughter has been going there she has raised her test scores and confidence.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 01, 2015
They don't give homework for homework sake. They only give it to improve a skill when needed. They do not give busy work.

H G Hill Middle School 5

Posted August 01, 2015
Teachers are some of the best in the district and have several leadership awards. Principal is fantastic and is actually lead principal over all the cluster schools which says a great deal in her ability to lead. My daughter has done nothing but improve at this school in academics. She has gone from basic to almost advanced in 3 subjects and proficient in the other. The Project based learning experiences have been very engaging. There is a tremendous amount of extra curricular and clubs for students to fit in. My daughters favorites are rock band, and choral. There are places for students to take on leadership roles. This is a great school. Test scores are not the best indicator on what is really happening at this school. Kids are thriving. My only negative is that they do not have early or late care which posses a problem for working middle class parents. Proud to be a H.G. Hill panther parents. You need to visit the school. You will be impressed.

H G Hill Middle School 3

Posted September 24, 2013
After two years on experience I decided to change school, not because the Teachers or Principal, they are good and I guess they do what they are told to do but my first reason was the every day fights among children (hurting physically) and a lot of bullying (hurting emotionally), my son didn't even wat to go anymore after half of the school year. They need to be more structured and disciplined. The other reason I think the curriculum needs to be improved big time and they really need to focus on children needs, many are not challenge enough it is way too easy.

H G Hill Middle School 4

Posted July 31, 2013
The administration and teachers are excellent. Our experience has been nothing but positive. My child will be in 6th grade this year. She has been challenged and has improve immensely in her knowledge and understanding in all subjects. She loves the teachers and her school which says a lot. Great music and band program. Also the sports opportunities are great and they perform well in the district. Just a great overall middle school experience. Parental involvement is not as high as I would like but it is increasing each year.

H G Hill Middle School 5

Posted February 10, 2013
The school's staff was very nice and professional from my experience at H.g Hill Middle. Even though the kids were "bussed" in from lower budget neighborhoods, I felt like they were fairly respectable considering their home circumstances. I attended H.g Hill from 5th to 7th grade and loved it. The teacher's were patient and I thought that they would work with you if stuff was going on at home. One problem I did see as a student's standpoint was that there was some bullying. However, that's at most schools and I would consider this school to be one of the better schools in Metro. Overall, my experience was awesome.

H G Hill Middle School 2

Posted September 28, 2010
Although there are some excellent teachers and staff, our experience was NOT good at HG hill. My son was not challenged at all. This school is definitely conformation that the bar has been lowered. The school is in a nice neighborhood and no one from that neighborhood attends there. The majority of the children are budded in....huge problem in Nashville.

Posted April 23, 2010
Prinicipals very pleasant to deal with on the phone.

H G Hill Middle School 4

Posted June 06, 2008
The teachers are very dedicated and professional. I have always found that they had the children's best interest at heart, as individuals and also as a whole. The assistant principal, Dr. Otey is an outstanding educator and a delightful human being. The band program is good. My son's experience at H.G. HIll Middle has been positive.

150 Davidson Road, Nashville, TN  37205
(615) 353-2020
Last modified H G Hill Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
H G Hill Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top