Harpeth Valley Elementary School 3

Posted May 01, 2015
This is generally a good school as far as public schools go. My son has been there 3 years now. My only real complaint is about the office staff. Reading the reviews here, and talking with other parents, I've learned that I'm not the only parent who has run into the hatefulness and lack of professionalism in the main office, and this is not the principal, this is the FOUR women who work in the main office. Why there needs to be four employees in there is beyond me, but the level of rudeness I've run into when I've gone in there has been more than I've ever dealt with anywhere. They've been rude to me, and also rude to others who have come in and hateful on the phone when I have been in there waiting for something. There is a new principal now, and I really wish she would consider letting a few of them go, as there definitely does not need to be four people working in there anyway. My hope is that they read this and understand that when a parent walks into that office, you don't know what they've already gone through that day or what they're needing help with, and there is never any reason to be unprofessional or rude to them.

Posted December 08, 2014
Academically amazing! Wish it would have more afternoon activities art etc. Teachers provide a loving environment.Great school!

Harpeth Valley Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2014
I agree with you 100%. My son has a behavioral problem, but he isn't abusive. The principal said my son intentionally slammed his class room door on a girls fingers over and over. But from the teacher and classmates, it was a complete different story, and was an accident. He closed the door once and didn't notice the other childs hand was in the doorway. He was suspended from Kindergarten for 2 days. :(

Harpeth Valley Elementary School 1

Posted August 19, 2014
Hopefully with the new adminstration appointed to this school for the upcoming 2014-2015 school year this will make this a great school to attend. THe previous principal (Haliburton and her puppets were rude,unfair & did many unethical things. However, some of the teachers were great obviously the ones who were not imtimidated by the adminstration staff. Hoping the changes with the adminstration for this year is to clean things up & run the school as it should.

Harpeth Valley Elementary School 4

Posted July 30, 2014
school and teachers are great but principle Kimber Halliburton is awful. Never replied calls or emails

Posted May 12, 2014
Excellent school. Good education. Nice teachers and staff. The buildings and the grounds are well-maintained.

Posted October 24, 2013
Excellent school. Nice library. Good cafeteria. Someone in an earlier review complained about the restrooms, but I strongly disagree. Currently they are being well maintained. Thanks.

Posted April 19, 2013
My daughter will be completing her 4th year at this school; however we still have our 1st year son attending, currently. This was great for my daughters education. The advance classes has challenged my daughter in many ways and help her to excel in her education/knowledge where I don t believe other school in the surrounding areas could have. She has been selected to enter Meigs for her middle school education next year and I believe her study at HVE was a great asset in her preparation for Meigs. And, as I understand, it too, is an academically challenging school. Thank to all the HVE teachers and its PTO for their contributions!! Go Houndogs!!!

Harpeth Valley Elementary School 2

Posted February 11, 2013
It's ok but the bathrooms are nasty and some of the teachers are mean ok.

Posted March 08, 2011
I am very pleased with this school. I think it says a lot about the community as a whole!

Harpeth Valley Elementary School
7840 Learning La, Nashville, TN  37221
Last modified Harpeth Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harpeth Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top