Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 03, 2014
I am proud to be a teacher at Haywood. Our school is full of kind, caring teachers and staff who are working hard to give our students the best possible education. Administrators are doing their best to be supportive. I've seen a lot of positive changes in our school culture. Nothing is perfect, but we are all striving for progress. And, let me tell you, our Haywood family bands together and has a great time working with each other and serving the community for such events as Harvest at Haywood and Family Literacy Night. I am happy to work here.

Haywood Elementary School 1

Posted October 08, 2014
The principal is hateful to her staff members. There is a sense of distrust amidst the teachers and the administration. The tension amidst the staff wears off on students, and creates an unhealthy work environment. In the past two school years, 28 teachers have either left, moved schools or retired. That is a LOT! There is a huge turnover problem at Haywood and the principal refuses to acknowledge that SHE is the problem.

Haywood Elementary School 2

Posted June 21, 2012
I was really disappointed with my daughter's kindergarten year at Haywood. My daughter sometimes came home worried that her teacher would be mad at her and yell at her. She once got poor marks for behavior for accidentally tipping over a cup. An accident. My daughter had a bully which I got to witness. The teacher dismissed my concerns. The communications were embarrassingly poor.The teachers didn't actually grade them personally on their report cards, admitting once that they literally recieved the report cards that morning, and just filled them all in the same. It was requested that my kid learn her numbers from 1-10 when she could already count, write, and recognize up to 145! I got a call home for bad behaviour. There is no school nurse so teachers often completely ignore symptoms. The lunches are discusting and unhealthy. Many of the teachers I saw seemed exasperated, stressed, and hateful. I picked up my "walker," which is only released to a parent, but she once got released with another kids' parents. Scary. The benefits of this school is it's ethnic diversity,and the school really fosters open mindedness. They teach african, spanish, etc songs and dances.

Posted February 19, 2009

Posted September 30, 2008

Haywood Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2008
The assistant principal's appearance is very professional, however, she lacks professional communication. Staff needs to be trained on communication skills, with an emphasis on talking politely, without mad facial expressions and body gestures. Students are dealt with in the same manner. Dismisal is very disorganized.

Haywood Elementary School
3790 Turley Dr, Nashville, TN  37211
Last modified Haywood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Haywood Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top