Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 27, 2013
My daughter came from a really good Elementary School. I didn't think the next school would rise to the challenge of being better. I was wrong! Meigs is a phenomenal school. The teachers truly have a passion for what they do, and the students can feel that passion. Not having a bus system does make it a bit challenging at times, but if my child continues to perform at this high-achieving level, it will have all been well worth it! KUDOS to Meigs for being a pillar school in the state!

Meigs Middle Magnet School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
I have two children at Meigs. I consider it an average public school At orientationthis year, the 5th language teacher informed us that "they won't have to do things that they've already did". Yes, this is the way the language teacher speaks at the acedemic magnet school <sigh>.

Posted September 16, 2013
It took a little getting used to before my 7th grader felt comfortable here as he was accustomed to being well ahead of his classmates at other public schools. The faculty and staff have done everything possible to help acclimate him and we could not be more pleased. This is truly a great school!

Posted September 09, 2013
Excellent administration and teachers. My daughter is very happy with this school. I give the leadership, teacher quality, and parent involvement 5 stars.

Posted August 19, 2013
These negative review are incorrect! I am a current 7th grader at Meigs. Meigs offers lots of activities to help you in your learning. For example, we have enrichment Wednesdays. Enrichment Wednesdays are while some children are taking test retakes, other students may have classes provided by their teachers and their related arts teachers for enrichment. We also have lots of clubs and sports, such as Girl's Volleyball (provided by 6th grade teacher, Ms. Shaffer) Boy's/Girl's Basketball ( provided by 7th grade teacher Mr. Smith), and many more student activities! Meigs is also a pathway to Hume-Fogg (#1 High school in Tennessee), to students scoring 85% average in the 7/8 grades. Meigs gives out ALL their grades ON TIME, unless their is a malfunction in the system. ALL Meigs teachers provide contact information that will be replied to a parent, a week at most. WE also have laptop carts and 2 iPad carts to also assist in learning! All of those negative reviews were untrue. Meigs is a great school with compassionate teachers to help your child in any help they need.

Posted May 24, 2013
I personally think that all of the negative reviews below are not true. I go to Meigs and love it. I have been here for three years now and am looking forward to eighth grade there. Meigs is a perfect school, it has caring teachers and faculty. When I went to elementary school I never tried as much as I could have because all of the material did not challenge me. After being here for a while I feel like it has really prepared me for high school. Not only does it help me academically, but it also provides a great arts atmosphere. Meigs is a big, happy family. And I am so grateful to be a part of it. I LOVE MEIGS!!! <3

Posted October 28, 2012
Meigs is top rated & we love Meigs! This is our daughters 4th & final year at Meigs and it's hard to believe that 4 years have passed so quickly. This school has the most excellent teachers, a principal that demonstrates strong leadership & compassion for our students. We will miss Meigs next year but this school has well prepared our daughter for the next chapter...Hume Fogg Academic Magnet School. For the 2 post I read that dislike Meigs, why is your child still here if you dislike Meigs so much? Maybe you should remove your student so that a parent that realizes a great school can have their child take your childs seat.

Meigs Middle Magnet School 1

Posted October 15, 2012
I do not like Meigs. my child goes there and i personally think it is a waste

Meigs Middle Magnet School 1

Posted October 15, 2012
I hate Meigs Middle Magnet School. It is the worst school i have ever been to. I think that it does not deserve to be a magnet school.

Posted July 21, 2012
I attended Meigs from 2004-2008 (5th-8th) I truly LOVED this school.. I just graduated from high school c/o 2012 and often times I sit in my room and think about all the amazing things I did in school. Middle school at Meigs was the best!!! We did a lot of things that that other middle schools didnt get to do. Yes homework and rigorousness assignments do come with attending a top achieving school, but it was well worth the late night studying :-) Meigs prepared me for what high had to offer. I went to a public high school which made it even easier!! I began high school with 4 high school credits; Algebra 1, geometry, Spanish 1 & physical science. I graduated 6th in my class and I was also male valedictorian... I would recommend this school to ANYONE.. Mr. Haney, Mrs Hoskins, and Mrs. Bluestone were the best!!!!!!

Meigs Middle Magnet School
713 Ramsey St, Nashville, TN  37206
Last modified Meigs Middle Magnet School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meigs Middle Magnet School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top