Nashville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,150

Hillsboro High School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 29, 2015
I am a student that attends Hillsboro. I have been at Hillsboro for 1 year, and I am not impressed regarding the schools artistic programs (ex. music program, band, choir, theatre). My biggest concern is with the theatre department. If you youtube the Hillsboro Players (theatre department) you would see a multicultural and diverse group of students performing big hit shows and musicals. But for this school year there has been a new head director and assistant director that has totally contradicted the very reasons why I thought Hillsboro was so unique. They selected productions that don't showcase the cultural diversity of the student body. There has not been a ethnic main lead role for the entire school year. The directors also play favorites when choosing the cast of a new production. All I'm saying is that if you want to be involved in theatre department that has more cultural diversity I recommend NSA (Nashville School of the Arts). Prior to attending Hillsboro I visited the school ,and absolutely loved it... at first. However, when I actually started to attend I realized that I was presented with a facade. If I would have known how discriminatory the artistic directors of the programs were I would have never chosen that school to try to further my acting abilities. -From a Student's Prospective

Hillsboro High School 2

Posted June 29, 2015
I am a student that attends Hillsboro. I have been at Hillsboro for 1 year, and I am not impressed regarding the schools artistic programs (ex. music program, band, choir, theatre). My biggest issue is with the theatre department. If you youtube the Hillsboro Players (theatre department) you would see a multicultural and diverse group of students performing big hit shows and musicals. But for this school year there has been a new head director and assistant director that has totally contradicted the very reasons why I thought Hillsboro was so unique. They choose productions that don't showcase the cultural diversity of the student body. There has not been a ethnic main lead role for the entire school year. The directors also play favorites when choosing the cast of a new production. All I'm saying is that if you want to be involved in theatre department that has more cultural diversity I recommend NSA (Nashville School of the Arts). Prior to attending Hillsboro I visited the school ,and absolutely loved it... at first. However, when I actually started to attend I realized that I was presented with a facade. If I would have known how discriminatory the artistic directors of the programs were I would have never chosen that school to try to further my acting abilities.

Hillsboro High School 4

Posted June 09, 2015
Just feel it's like any other school.I really don't have any thing to bad or good

Posted December 05, 2014
I had a great experience during my visit to the enrollment office. We are new to the Nashville area. My daughter will be school-aged next year, so we needed to register for Kindergarten quickly in order to receive a student ID number for the School Options application (the deadline is today). We arrived to the school via public transport. I was pushing a stroller with my infant and holding the hand of my 4-year-old. It was cold and rainy, so we wanted to quickly enter the building but could not find an unlocked door where I could easily wheel in the stroller. Thankfully, the school's police officer was kind enough to help me carry the stroller up several steps to enter the building. He chatted with my daughter while walking us to the enrollment office and greeted cheery students along the way. One of these students was a confident young man with Downs Syndrome. I have a sibling who has Williams Syndrome, so the happy demeanor of this young man spoke volumes for me. The officer clearly has good rapport with the students. The ladies in the enrollment office were equally wonderful. They made themselves very accessible throughout our enrollment process, even providing a personal email.

Posted November 13, 2014
I went to Hillsboro and graduated in 2011. I'm very excited in the changes that Hillsboro is making to became a better school for everyone. Its amazing how new leadership can take a school to new heights.

Posted April 30, 2014
Hillsboro High School is a school that not only strives for academic rigor and excellence, it also has created a program where each and every student can find their passion. Hillsboro High School is a place where every student, no matter their interests, strengths, weaknesses, or background, can find a place where they feel like they belong. It is an amazing mixture of different races, socioeconomic backgrounds, and academic abilities. It is a place that teaches a teen how to be part of a world that is bigger than their own backyard while at the same time giving them a safe and secure learning environment. I would not want my three children at any other high school. It has been a wonderful experience to be a part of such nurturing, caring, challenging and exciting community!

Posted April 30, 2014
I am a graduate of Hillsboro High School, Nashville, TN in 1960 and presently have a granddaughter attending. Of course there have been immense changes since I attended. Hillsboro now offers an International Baccalaureate Program which is a wonderful opportunity for the student body.

Posted April 30, 2014
First year at Hillsboro and my tenth year as a teacher! Absolutely a great school for teachers, students, and parents! Love being a Burro!
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 30, 2014
Hillsboro High School is one of the best schools in Nashville. The IB Diploma Programme and the Interdisciplinary Science and Research program iare outstanding. The teachers, administrators, and faculty are AWESOME!

Posted April 29, 2014
Hillsboro IB World School is absolutely our first choice over private and magnet schools because it offers our children what others cannot. The academic rigor of the IB Diploma Programme is unmatched and from what I hear from colleges and seniors, it sets our students apart from other students in AP focused schools. They are better thinkers, writers and have a world view that comes not only from their IB classes but also from being in school with kids who come from different backgrounds. Our kids can excel at what interests them whether that is sports, theatre, band, art and of course academics. I agree that the Interdisciplinary Science and Research program others wrote about is outstanding. My sophomore daughter is in it now and my rising freshman will enroll in it next year. They are not only doing amazing things in science in a hands on project based way, they are becoming well prepared for college in their research and writing skills. I truly love what this school has to offer and feel so fortunate that we automatically win the lottery just by living in zone. No wonder we have a waiting list! Go Burros!

Hillsboro High School
3812 Hillsboro Pike, Nashville, TN  37215
Last modified Hillsboro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillsboro High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top