Nashville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,150

Posted December 05, 2014
I had a great experience during my visit to the enrollment office. We are new to the Nashville area. My daughter will be school-aged next year, so we needed to register for Kindergarten quickly in order to receive a student ID number for the School Options application (the deadline is today). We arrived to the school via public transport. I was pushing a stroller with my infant and holding the hand of my 4-year-old. It was cold and rainy, so we wanted to quickly enter the building but could not find an unlocked door where I could easily wheel in the stroller. Thankfully, the school's police officer was kind enough to help me carry the stroller up several steps to enter the building. He chatted with my daughter while walking us to the enrollment office and greeted cheery students along the way. One of these students was a confident young man with Downs Syndrome. I have a sibling who has Williams Syndrome, so the happy demeanor of this young man spoke volumes for me. The officer clearly has good rapport with the students. The ladies in the enrollment office were equally wonderful. They made themselves very accessible throughout our enrollment process, even providing a personal email.

Posted November 13, 2014
I went to Hillsboro and graduated in 2011. I'm very excited in the changes that Hillsboro is making to became a better school for everyone. Its amazing how new leadership can take a school to new heights.

Posted April 30, 2014
Hillsboro High School is a school that not only strives for academic rigor and excellence, it also has created a program where each and every student can find their passion. Hillsboro High School is a place where every student, no matter their interests, strengths, weaknesses, or background, can find a place where they feel like they belong. It is an amazing mixture of different races, socioeconomic backgrounds, and academic abilities. It is a place that teaches a teen how to be part of a world that is bigger than their own backyard while at the same time giving them a safe and secure learning environment. I would not want my three children at any other high school. It has been a wonderful experience to be a part of such nurturing, caring, challenging and exciting community!

Posted April 30, 2014
I am a graduate of Hillsboro High School, Nashville, TN in 1960 and presently have a granddaughter attending. Of course there have been immense changes since I attended. Hillsboro now offers an International Baccalaureate Program which is a wonderful opportunity for the student body.

Posted April 30, 2014
First year at Hillsboro and my tenth year as a teacher! Absolutely a great school for teachers, students, and parents! Love being a Burro!

Posted April 30, 2014
Hillsboro High School is one of the best schools in Nashville. The IB Diploma Programme and the Interdisciplinary Science and Research program iare outstanding. The teachers, administrators, and faculty are AWESOME!

Posted April 29, 2014
Hillsboro IB World School is absolutely our first choice over private and magnet schools because it offers our children what others cannot. The academic rigor of the IB Diploma Programme is unmatched and from what I hear from colleges and seniors, it sets our students apart from other students in AP focused schools. They are better thinkers, writers and have a world view that comes not only from their IB classes but also from being in school with kids who come from different backgrounds. Our kids can excel at what interests them whether that is sports, theatre, band, art and of course academics. I agree that the Interdisciplinary Science and Research program others wrote about is outstanding. My sophomore daughter is in it now and my rising freshman will enroll in it next year. They are not only doing amazing things in science in a hands on project based way, they are becoming well prepared for college in their research and writing skills. I truly love what this school has to offer and feel so fortunate that we automatically win the lottery just by living in zone. No wonder we have a waiting list! Go Burros!

Posted April 29, 2014
Hillsboro is truly the best high school in Nashville. All students, regardless of their color, background, socio-economic standing or IQ, succeed here. The rigor of our IB Diploma Programme rivals that of any school in the nation. Our exceptional ed program is outstanding and strives to help students with learning differences succeed in and out of the classroom. We partner with Vanderbilt University to offer a four year Interdisciplinary Science and Research program that is comparable to many college and graduate level courses. Our International Business and Communications Academy teaches students all about running their own business through our student-run coffee shop and allows students to become a broadcaster in our very popular media productions course. Our students excel academically, athletically, and artistically. Our teachers are top notch and truly love what they do and care about each and every student. Our principals are firm, fair and forward thinking and most importantly, they love kids. Hillsboro prepares kids for college, teaches them to respect others unlike themselves, allows them to grow and try new things and readies them for life outside of school.

Hillsboro High School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
Our son is a freshman at HHS. He has loved being involved in the Interdisciplinary Science and Research Program - connected to Vanderbilt University. He is a good student, but has been stretched and grown tremendously through this program and his other honors classes. As a freshman, he even has one AP class. We love that HHS is a neighborhood school. It has a diverse student body. We see the teachers and the staff reaching for excellence on behalf of their students. We have been very happy with our son's experience so far at HHS.

Posted April 29, 2014
Hillsboro IB World School is an excellent high school. With an ecclectic mix of students and teachers along with challenging academic programs, students graduate with a great world view and are ready for whatever the world has to offer. With so many choices in the Nashville area, I can honestly say I am proud to recommend Hillsboro.

Hillsboro High School
3812 Hillsboro Rd, Nashville, TN  37215
Last modified Hillsboro High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillsboro High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top