Posted September 22, 2014
This is a great school. The teachers are extremely well prepared and have prepared my child for college. She is very happy here and loves learning in this fun and relevant classroom style of innovative teaching.

Posted September 22, 2014
Love this school! Great teachers, especially new math teachers. Love the Principal! My children are so happy here. They are being well prepared for college.

Posted May 23, 2014
One has graduated (with honors) and another child is currently enrolled at Hillwood. It is full of excellent teachers and administration. They will go the extra mile for you. They have prepared my children for the real world. I wish more parents were involved with the PTA. It is the only thing lacking at Hillwood.

Posted May 05, 2014
I have been a teacher at Hillwood since 2010 and I couldn't ask for a better school to work at or a better group of students to teach. Since 2010 Hillwood has made major progress with end of course test scores, ACT scores, and has the highest graduation of any non-magnet MNPS school. Hillwood also offers three nationally recognized "Model Career Academies" and 17+ Advanced Placment courses. I would send my own kids to Hillwood!

Posted April 17, 2014
I am proud to say that my daughters attend Hillwood. Since leaving Nashville School of Arfs their grades have skyrocketed!!! Thanks Hillwood!!

Hillwood Comp High School 1

Posted December 28, 2012
This school is the worst school I have ever been to! I have switched schools three times and none of the were as horrible as Hill wood. The kids call their own school Hill weed instead, which tells you what is going on in there. I am now attending an international school which is requiring me to study pre-calculus. I am behind in math because I was not taught well in Algebra 2, which deals with pre-calculus in some ways. I recommend to any students that are in this school and want to prepare for a university to get out while you still have time; unless if you are past the 10th grade. You will regret this school for the rest of your life if you want to attend a decent university. Oh and there are lots of gang members in the school. If you want to know who they are, all you have to do is just attend the school for about two years. They brag about themselves being in gangs apparently.

Posted October 05, 2012
My daughter is about to graduate in 2013 and has attended Hillwood all four years. Despite many negative comments and rumors we had heard prior to her enrolling as a freshman there, we chose to send her there because we felt strongly about the need to attend public schools. We were extremely pleased and surprised to discover that the school has been and is still continuing to improve it's acadamic stature among metro's finest schools under the leadership of Dr. Chauncey and many of the great teachers there. Hillwood may look like and old has-been great school in the middle of white suburbia, but it is definitley enjoying a rennaisance scholastically with a brand new state of the art library, excellent teachers who really care about the kids graduating and a comprehensive academy of five schools of focus for young adults to choose from to prepare them for college or immediate employment. Like many longtime Bellevue residents and avid supporters of Harpeth Valley and Bellevue schools, we are glad we chose Hillwood for our daughter and she is too. She has really enjoyed her four years there.

Posted September 08, 2012
I've been attending Hillwood High School since freshman year. I'm currently a junior and my experience at Hillwood have been wonderful! The teachers, as well as the students, are very friendly and helpful. Some teachers may be strict but it is your education that they are working on. I'm looking forward to the rest of this year, especially my senior year. I have friends from other high schools that wish they could attend Hillwood, because of the negative environment exposed. You never know how good or bad a school is unless you have a personal experience, and this is mine:Hillwood High School has a very positive environment and no matter how much the students say they hate school, they admit that Hillwood is a lot more better than most other schools. -Class of 2014

Posted July 12, 2012
I'm an incoming junior at Hillwood, I've been at Hillwood since my freshman year. Like all schools there are good days, and bad days, some teachers you like, and some teachers you don't like. I have to say out of all schools I have been to Hillwood is the best. With a grant all Freshman and students in the Art/AV academy were issued free laptops. The people are very nice, and all those stereo types like Hillwood having a lot of gangs and drugs is just not true. If I had a child I would enroll them at hillwood!

Hillwood Comp High School 2

Posted August 23, 2011
NCLB Status by School School Name Hillwood Comp High School Met AYP2011 No Prior Status (2010-2011) Target New Status (2011-2012) Target HS ACT Summary/Percent of Class of 2010 scoring 21+ on ACT in Metro Schools. Hillwood 21% Hillwood only offers 3 of 6 Academies available The Academy of Art, Design & Communication The Academy of Business & Hospitality The Academy of Health Sciences

Hillwood Comp High School
400 Davidson Rd, Nashville, TN  37205
(615) 353-2025
Last modified Hillwood Comp High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hillwood Comp High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top