Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I am a parent of a graduate from Hillwood High School and i also have a daughter that is currently a senior . Both of my children have received a great education through HHS. The teachers are caring and well educated themselves. They are dedicated to helping your child reach their potential. My oldest graduated, and is now attending college with a baseball scholarship. My daughter has been accepted to Auburn, Clemson and Mississippi State ( just a few) and is eligible for several scholarships as well. While attending Hillwood they were given opportunities to explore the "Academies ", which helps you choose a pathway of study in Health Sciences, Art/Communications, or Business / Hospitality etc. I am really impressed with the training areas and equipment provided for these studies. ( health sciences has recreated the inside of an ambulance to help teach real world procedures). My children have joined many clubs and activities; baseball, cheerleading, concert band, National Honor society, and the Ambassador program which are just a few of the many activites available . The school does have its issues. The building is very old and in need of repair as well as the stadium and fields. The school has had student issues in the past that has led to a negative reputation. i have friends with children at private schools with these very same issues but it just isnt made public knowledge. Overall, the students and families here are kind and care about the future of their child and the school. We are located in an upscale neighborhood, but many families in the area attend private schools so community financial support is low. There are plans to build a new school in the very near future that should alleviate many of these issues and allow the public to focus on some of the great things this school is accomplishing rather than the negatives from the past. Hope this helps-

My son loves the school & his grades have improved greatly! He is getting more involved in activities.

Great school We are hillwood is the theme. They will and can help with anything.

Love this school! Great teachers, especially new math teachers. Love the Principal! My children are so happy here. They are being well prepared for college.

One has graduated (with honors) and another child is currently enrolled at Hillwood. It is full of excellent teachers and administration. They will go the extra mile for you. They have prepared my children for the real world. I wish more parents were involved with the PTA. It is the only thing lacking at Hillwood.

I have been a teacher at Hillwood since 2010 and I couldn't ask for a better school to work at or a better group of students to teach. Since 2010 Hillwood has made major progress with end of course test scores, ACT scores, and has the highest graduation of any non-magnet MNPS school. Hillwood also offers three nationally recognized "Model Career Academies" and 17+ Advanced Placment courses. I would send my own kids to Hillwood!

I am proud to say that my daughters attend Hillwood. Since leaving Nashville School of Arfs their grades have skyrocketed!!! Thanks Hillwood!!

This school is the worst school I have ever been to! I have switched schools three times and none of the were as horrible as Hill wood. The kids call their own school Hill weed instead, which tells you what is going on in there. I am now attending an international school which is requiring me to study pre-calculus. I am behind in math because I was not taught well in Algebra 2, which deals with pre-calculus in some ways. I recommend to any students that are in this school and want to prepare for a university to get out while you still have time; unless if you are past the 10th grade. You will regret this school for the rest of your life if you want to attend a decent university. Oh and there are lots of gang members in the school. If you want to know who they are, all you have to do is just attend the school for about two years. They brag about themselves being in gangs apparently.

My daughter is about to graduate in 2013 and has attended Hillwood all four years. Despite many negative comments and rumors we had heard prior to her enrolling as a freshman there, we chose to send her there because we felt strongly about the need to attend public schools. We were extremely pleased and surprised to discover that the school has been and is still continuing to improve it's acadamic stature among metro's finest schools under the leadership of Dr. Chauncey and many of the great teachers there. Hillwood may look like and old has-been great school in the middle of white suburbia, but it is definitley enjoying a rennaisance scholastically with a brand new state of the art library, excellent teachers who really care about the kids graduating and a comprehensive academy of five schools of focus for young adults to choose from to prepare them for college or immediate employment. Like many longtime Bellevue residents and avid supporters of Harpeth Valley and Bellevue schools, we are glad we chose Hillwood for our daughter and she is too. She has really enjoyed her four years there.

I've been attending Hillwood High School since freshman year. I'm currently a junior and my experience at Hillwood have been wonderful! The teachers, as well as the students, are very friendly and helpful. Some teachers may be strict but it is your education that they are working on. I'm looking forward to the rest of this year, especially my senior year. I have friends from other high schools that wish they could attend Hillwood, because of the negative environment exposed. You never know how good or bad a school is unless you have a personal experience, and this is mine:Hillwood High School has a very positive environment and no matter how much the students say they hate school, they admit that Hillwood is a lot more better than most other schools. -Class of 2014

Last modified Hillwood Comp High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.