Hume - Fogg High Academic Magnet 4

Posted March 29, 2013
Welcome to Hume-Fogg High School- where the pressure to succeed is high and grades define your intelligence. The academic environment is centered on one type of student- the kind of student that is able to learn at a rapid pace but still keeps his or her sanity. I'm not exaggerating one bit; this school provides every student with a rigorous college prep curriculum. I'm a junior at this school, and honestly my time here has been less than ideal. Despite my setbacks, however, I believe that any student can succeed at HFA if he or she is motivated and works hard. The opportunities here are tremendous, and at the end of the day I am grateful to one day be able to call this school my alma mater.

Posted September 25, 2011
As 2010 graduate of Hume-Fogg, I can say first hand that it is a great school, and I am a proud alum. I attend a top 20 university, and although it can be a bit difficult, Hume-Fogg has prepared me with the knowledge, study skills, note taking, and other skills that my fellow peers here lack. You may even here some alums say college is easier than Hume-Fogg. In addition to wonderful academics, Hume-Fogg's extracurriculars are top notch as well. The theater, band, visual art, and choral department are notorious around the country for their achievements. A large portion of student are involved in sports as well as many other extracurricular activities. The teachers are some of the best in the state, I have grown close to many and have befriended them outside of the classroom. If you have the opportunity to attend Hume-Fogg do so, it's wonderful, however, it is not for all. It is academically challenging, but if willing to do the work, it is definitely worth it. It was honestly the best four years of my life to date.

Posted January 29, 2011
HFA is an loutstanding school for the academically PREPARED student. It is an Optional, College Prep school and is NOT a school for the average student by design. The curriculum is rigorous, but the kids still had lots of fun. As an active member of the PTO, I chaperoned many dances, attended band performances and competitions, etc. My son graduated from HFA in 2002, he aced the Math SAT and was highly recruited by top knotch universities. He is an engineer and has never had any difficulty finding employment. If you have a child who has shown that he/she can academically perform at a high level, you will not find a better school (public or private).

Posted January 17, 2011
This school is absolutely incredible. I'm a senior at Hume Fogg, and I love my teachers. I have many friends that graduated last year, and most of them tell me that college is a breeze compared to Hume Fogg. The teachers are amazing and love their areas. They are so easy to talk to, and it is not uncommon for them to give out their phone numbers for us to call them with any issues. If you have the choice to come here or send your child here, please do so with no regrets. It is definitely worth it.

Posted November 15, 2010
I am currently a sophomore enrolled here, and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. But, It is a great school with some awesome teachers and a wide range of subjects. I would not trade it for ANY other school. And to make it better the building is a million years old with a sick basement.(sick in a good way)

Posted November 05, 2010
Hume-Fogg is a college preparatory school, and its curriculum is mirrored as the recommended curriculum on selective college web sites:4 years of math, 4 years of science, 4 years of language (hopefully the same one); 4 years of English lit/composition, and history/government. H-F also requires a semester of economics. While this leaves room for fewer electives, a college preparatory curriculum is designed to give students a solid foundation tn many disciplines, so they're ready to specialize once they start college. H-F also offers a huge advantage many public schools are sadly lacking: Students are there because they want to learn, and teachers are there because they want to teach intellectually engaged, capable students. H-F is a United Nations of good students. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a solid college preparatory education.

Posted September 19, 2010
I spent my entire school career in the Metro Public school system in Nashville, and this school is a God send to the county. The teachers and curriculum challenged me in a way that no other school was able to achieve. Hume Fogg prepared me so much for college that most of my freshman classes were easier than those I took in high school.

Posted August 14, 2010
I'm an alumni of Hume Fogg Academic Magnet High School. Hume Fogg has excellent teachers, guidance counselors, and principal/vice principal. The enriching environment and classes are very conducive for learning and college preparation. As a college freshman, I felt much better prepared (not only academically, but also mentally and emotionally) than did most of my classmates.

Posted May 12, 2010

Posted February 23, 2010
Hume Fogg was a big help for college and I made life long friends. The teachers are all fully dedicated!

Hume - Fogg High Academic Magnet
700 Broadway, Nashville, TN  37203
Last modified Hume - Fogg High Academic Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hume - Fogg High Academic Magnet Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top