Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Isaac Litton Middle School 3

Posted March 18, 2016
There is nothing nothing particularly good or bad about this school. It's average. Education is a big deal, but behavior is a big problem. The reward system kind of works, but the discipline doesn't. There's also obvious favoritism from teachers and faculty towards some students. The lunch schedule is horrible. An entire grade level (anywhere from 80 - 120 students) is standing in line e for the better part of 30 minutes, leaving little time to eat. I wouldn't recommend this school to anyone, but I wouldn't be so sure that other school are much better. The school was much better when Bruno was still here. Personally I think Rand hasn't really improved anything.

Isaac Litton Middle School 4

Posted August 29, 2015
Very happy so far! Would love to see Language Arts beefed up a bit, but still pleased.

Posted March 11, 2015
I am thrilled that we landed at Isaac Litton Middle. My child is very happy here. The curriculum may not be as challenging as Meigs but there is still a focus on academics and making sure every child experiences steady growth. I would have the school work on the parent/teacher communication but other than that, two thumbs up.

Posted January 05, 2015
Isaac Litton Middle School is outstanding!!! I have a gifted child and they go above and beyond to customize a special curriculum to challenge him. We did have him in John Early and that was a nightmare. Never respond to phone calls, emails, yell at the students, pulled out child and put him back to Isaac Litton. They respond immediately to emails, phone calls, so receptive. Mr. Bruno runs s tight ship and it works. Everyone cares about their students, you see peoe smiling, great positive atmosphere. I don't know how they do it but they treat all the students as number 1. I can't say enough good things about this school after 2 years. You are spoiled at this school with extreme efficiency that when you leave you miss it!!! This is like an old fashion country school that really caress about their students.

Posted April 29, 2014
isaac litton middle school My daughter attends this school and Mr. Bruno I love. I have known him for a few years since my son also went there. He is really passionate about the students learning and he has always had a open door policy. The 6th grade teachers are great and last year the 5th grade went out of their way to teach the kids. Overall a great school.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is our first year at Isaac Litton and we have been thrilled. As a parent I feel confident everyday when I drop my daughter off that she is in a nurturing environment where she is being challenged and given the opportunity to grow and learn. Not only am I happy there, but more importantly, my daughter is happy there. She has a great first year of middle school thanks to Mr. Bruno and the 5th grade team!

Posted April 26, 2014
We choose Isaac Litton for my daughter for 3 reasons: 1) the class size is much smaller than the average Metro class. My daughter's class has 19 students in it vs. the 30 allowed in many 5/6th grade classes in Metro. 2) the STEM curriculum is truly integrated into each students experience. There is a STEM "elective" that students take at least once a year. Students do small group STEM projects each 9 weeks. And a VU staff person visits the school every other week to teach a hands-on science lesson during the science class. 3) We can't say enough about the principal, Mr. Bruno. He is engaged-- personally meeting w/ each 5th grader to set DEA goals for them. He is hands on, very present in the school, and has established a culture where bad behavior is swiftly dealt with and good behavior is rewarded through initiatives such as the LION program. He understands the need to raise TCAP scores but also understands the "whole" child--- evidenced by things like the garden that was planted on school property so that students will have the chance to take fresh produce home and enjoy good nutrition. The teaching staff handle classroom management well.

Posted April 25, 2014
Our son is a 5th grade student at Litton. Like many parents we were nervous about the transition from elem. to middle school. We have been so thankful for the seamless transition we have experienced with starting middle school. Mr. Bruno & his staff have done a wonderful job of introducing appropriate opportunities for independence as well as added responsibilities. In addition to the positive environment we experience when we are in the building we have also been pleased with his teachers. They have done an excellent job of determining where he is at academically & have worked to provide him with work that is on his level & challenging. Mr. Bruno has met with him (as he does all 5th graders) to talk about goals for the year as well as ways he can improve & grow. The highest vote of confidence we can give is to say that while our son has the grades to allow him to apply to the academic magnets we have chosen to keep him at Litton. There is genuine care for all the students at Litton as well as our larger community that is not to be taken for granted. We truly feel as if we are partners with the staff in our sons education & we are thankful to be at this school in particular.

Isaac Litton Middle School 4

Posted April 24, 2014
Isaac Litton Middle School is a well-maintained, smaller school. The few hundred students interact well with one another, yet they have enough 'space' to develop their own personalities. This can easily be seen with policies (such as the demerit system) throughout the school. To go along with that, the children are rewarded (which they enjoy) for their good behavior. As a parent, I am able to see what my children are learning and that they are learning up to date material at school. The main area I believe that there is room for growth in is Physical Education. It would be helpful if more/other options are presented to the children as to not single them out. - All around, this is a good school if any effort is put forth to learn.

Posted April 24, 2014
Litton is a great middle school. For years, this was not the case. But under the positive leadership of Mr.Bruno, this school has been totally transformed. I have two kids here, and they love going to school every day. The principal is personally involved with every student in the building, and is incredibly responsive to parent concerns. He always makes himself available. The teachers are also very involved. Many often go to their students' out of school sports events and activities on weekends! Students are given tons of incentives to behave, and they are motivated to do their best, rather than being threatened and coerced. Mr. Bruno has the rare ability to facilitate a very orderly environment while still being extremely positive. Kids are respected, and they give respect in return. I have a middle school teaching background, and this is, by far, the most socially and emotionally healthy middle school environment I've ever seen. Skills are taught to mastery, which means students are given chances to retake assessments until they have learned and succeeded. This is a lot of extra work for teachers, but they do what's best for kids. Parent involvement is low, but rapidly growing.

Isaac Litton Middle School
4601 Hedgewood Drive, Nashville, TN  37216
Last modified Isaac Litton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.