Posted April 29, 2014
isaac litton middle school My daughter attends this school and Mr. Bruno I love. I have known him for a few years since my son also went there. He is really passionate about the students learning and he has always had a open door policy. The 6th grade teachers are great and last year the 5th grade went out of their way to teach the kids. Overall a great school.

Posted April 29, 2014
This is our first year at Isaac Litton and we have been thrilled. As a parent I feel confident everyday when I drop my daughter off that she is in a nurturing environment where she is being challenged and given the opportunity to grow and learn. Not only am I happy there, but more importantly, my daughter is happy there. She has a great first year of middle school thanks to Mr. Bruno and the 5th grade team!

Posted April 26, 2014
We choose Isaac Litton for my daughter for 3 reasons: 1) the class size is much smaller than the average Metro class. My daughter's class has 19 students in it vs. the 30 allowed in many 5/6th grade classes in Metro. 2) the STEM curriculum is truly integrated into each students experience. There is a STEM "elective" that students take at least once a year. Students do small group STEM projects each 9 weeks. And a VU staff person visits the school every other week to teach a hands-on science lesson during the science class. 3) We can't say enough about the principal, Mr. Bruno. He is engaged-- personally meeting w/ each 5th grader to set DEA goals for them. He is hands on, very present in the school, and has established a culture where bad behavior is swiftly dealt with and good behavior is rewarded through initiatives such as the LION program. He understands the need to raise TCAP scores but also understands the "whole" child--- evidenced by things like the garden that was planted on school property so that students will have the chance to take fresh produce home and enjoy good nutrition. The teaching staff handle classroom management well.

Posted April 25, 2014
Our son is a 5th grade student at Litton. Like many parents we were nervous about the transition from elem. to middle school. We have been so thankful for the seamless transition we have experienced with starting middle school. Mr. Bruno & his staff have done a wonderful job of introducing appropriate opportunities for independence as well as added responsibilities. In addition to the positive environment we experience when we are in the building we have also been pleased with his teachers. They have done an excellent job of determining where he is at academically & have worked to provide him with work that is on his level & challenging. Mr. Bruno has met with him (as he does all 5th graders) to talk about goals for the year as well as ways he can improve & grow. The highest vote of confidence we can give is to say that while our son has the grades to allow him to apply to the academic magnets we have chosen to keep him at Litton. There is genuine care for all the students at Litton as well as our larger community that is not to be taken for granted. We truly feel as if we are partners with the staff in our sons education & we are thankful to be at this school in particular.

Isaac Litton Middle School 4

Posted April 24, 2014
Isaac Litton Middle School is a well-maintained, smaller school. The few hundred students interact well with one another, yet they have enough 'space' to develop their own personalities. This can easily be seen with policies (such as the demerit system) throughout the school. To go along with that, the children are rewarded (which they enjoy) for their good behavior. As a parent, I am able to see what my children are learning and that they are learning up to date material at school. The main area I believe that there is room for growth in is Physical Education. It would be helpful if more/other options are presented to the children as to not single them out. - All around, this is a good school if any effort is put forth to learn.

Posted April 24, 2014
Litton is a great middle school. For years, this was not the case. But under the positive leadership of Mr.Bruno, this school has been totally transformed. I have two kids here, and they love going to school every day. The principal is personally involved with every student in the building, and is incredibly responsive to parent concerns. He always makes himself available. The teachers are also very involved. Many often go to their students' out of school sports events and activities on weekends! Students are given tons of incentives to behave, and they are motivated to do their best, rather than being threatened and coerced. Mr. Bruno has the rare ability to facilitate a very orderly environment while still being extremely positive. Kids are respected, and they give respect in return. I have a middle school teaching background, and this is, by far, the most socially and emotionally healthy middle school environment I've ever seen. Skills are taught to mastery, which means students are given chances to retake assessments until they have learned and succeeded. This is a lot of extra work for teachers, but they do what's best for kids. Parent involvement is low, but rapidly growing.

Isaac Litton Middle School 1

Posted April 23, 2014
This school is not focused on students academics, it is more focused on behavior. THis is not the school for a child that is trying to learn and succeed academically. This principle nor any of the 6th grade teachers has the childs best interest at heart. They have a serious lack in communication when it comes to parent teacher involvement, instead of offering all the help they can to kids for them to learn and make good grades they just allow children to fall by the waist side. THey do not inform parents of issues with their children, and then blame the parent when they dont know what is going on. THe principle and assistant principle have alot of parents fooled. They will treat your child one way in your face and then the total opposite when your gone. PLEASE PLEASE reconsider sending your child to this school, unless your only looking for a day time babysitter and not a education for your child.

Isaac Litton Middle School 1

Posted November 13, 2013
This school is not for a child who loves to learn. I feel bad for the handful of kids who are missing out on a good education. This school is filled with kids who love bad attention. They're disrespectful to their teachers and kids around them. The teachers have to go over and over and I mean over the same stuff in class because 90% of the kids are interested in being cool and to them being cool means being disrespectful and not paying attention to the teacher and so the handful of good kids have to deal with these issues and they aren't learning a thing. The principal says he changed the hallway issues but that's not 100% true. There's still issues in the hallways. BUT most importantly he needs to changed the classroom issues!!! My child has learned nothing new so far at this school. If your child wants to learn I'd advise you to not go here.

Posted August 08, 2013
ILMS is a great school and it is due in large part to the great administration. Not only has Mr. Bruno set the tone of excellence in the school, he knows where every child is academically and personally sets goals with them so they are encouraged to be their best as well. This is a community school where good things are happening because parents, students, faculty, and staff are all working together.

Posted August 05, 2013
Last year my daughter was in the 5th grade at Litton. It was a great year. I don't know about this year yet, we will see once they have been in a few weeks.

Isaac Litton Middle School
4601 Hedgewood Dr, Nashville, TN  37216
Last modified Isaac Litton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Isaac Litton Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top