Bad
Good

This school sucks the teachers are just there for a paycheck and the teachers don't care about the kids they just care about how much trouble they can get u in and the classes are like being in jail I think if I was u don't send ur kids to this school they will not learn but they will start to change in to kids that don't care

Wow. Where do I begin? This school is a hot mess. I reluctantly put my child in school here because we are assigned to it. I regret that decision. Grade inflation is off the charts. My child was bringing home A's and B's even though it was not deserved. The TCAP scores told the truth and showed a huge discrepancy. The only bright light is a totally new facility that is being built and a new principal, Dr. Moody. They still have a long way to good and I'm not subjecting my child to any more of the transition stage hoping that it will get better. Time is ticking and critical learning skills are not being taught.

Joelton Middle School is the worst school in which I have ever taught. The teachers are overwhelmed and absolutely not supported by the administration or the district. Like most schools, Joelton is understaffed. The students have been dumped there by parents who are rarely involved and too many are disrespectful and woefully lagging behind developmentally and educationally and really don't care. The teachers should be applauded for trying to make a difference. Don't expect things to get better at this school or many others as long as parents aren't held accountable and administrators are only out to protect their own jobs with the district. If you have an alternative to Joelton Middle School, use it.

Iagree. My son was a honor student and loved learning. Now that he has been to Joelton, he never has homework, his grades has gone down, and he was also suspended twice. Joelton has had a problem for years. I dreaded my son attending and he will not be returning next year. I feel that the teachers don't take the time with the students. I don't think that the principal is fair. And I know that there is a lot of rasicm there. I would not recommend any child to go here .

This school is awful. My son went from an A, B student to a mostly all F's. My child had never been suspended in all his school year, he was suspended twice thisyear. Also he was put in ISS, I dont knohow many times. I was a parent that wanted to work with the teachers as much as I possibly could. They decided to work with me at the end of school year. Which was too late considering I will not let my child go to the next grade without making better grades. The Teachers are there for a pay check. They want all the students to be on some type of medicine so they can sit there and do thier homework instead of teaching the kids.

They are only there for paychecks,not the children.Some students treated better than others for doing the same wrongful things.they try to put students out of school for the simpliest things.If you don't want to teach change jobs.Take notes for rutherford county on how to run a school.

I attended Joelton Middle School all four of my middle school years. And never once did I encounter any problems at all. The teachers are wonderful and use creative teaching methods. In my 8th grade year, I recieved all three of my high school credits, out of the three possible and those four years were the most fulfilling I've ever experienced. Even though there is a few moldy spots throughout the school, it is an amazing learning environment. sincerely, Cody Woodside

i got all a`s because my teachers tought me well

Last modified Joelton Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.