John B Whitsitt Elementary School 1

Posted June 13, 2014
Lowest performing school in Nashville for many years, due to unprofessional climate and poor student behaviors. Most of the problems stem from negative attitudes in the office and about 85% of the faculty. No one ever answers the phones or makes you feel welcomed.

Posted February 17, 2012
Upon moving to this area I did not know Whitsett was our zone elementary, and when I first saw it, I thought the worse. However, after my kids attended I find myself so grateful for having my kids be a part of this school. The Principal Ms. Ross is very involved with the parents and cares deeply about her students. And the school is amazing in helping children learn. One of my child is an IEP and in his old school he was so behind they wanted me to medicate him for ADHD to "help him" learn. But since joining Whitsett he has "without medication" he has improved to almost fully meeting his grade level; school even works with me so that together I can help my son reach his fullest potential. I have another child, and she has excelled in this school as well. After needing surgery that kept her out of school for a month, they worked with me so that I can home-school her while she healed, even got a visit from her teacher (amazing). During homeschooling she advanced so much that then teacher placed her in higher level reading to continue to motivate her to continue succeeding. This school was the best thing that happen to our children.

John B Whitsitt Elementary School 0

Posted October 21, 2008
I was a bit hesitant about taking my daughter to Whitsitt due to the area in which it is located; however, I opted for trying it out over a private school, and well I have loved it! My daughter loves her teacher and I love her academic development. I am very please with the school, the staff and of course the academic results.

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted January 29, 2008
I said it once before, this school is excellant. I can't say enough about it. The faculty, the principal and everyone there is extremely nice and very professional. Especially my grandchilds kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Hagewood.

Posted January 29, 2008

Posted January 16, 2008

Posted August 18, 2006
hi i am a student 4th grader at John B. Whitsitt. Whitsitt is a good school, great teachers and faculties. There's at least 500 students at Whitsitt. Whitsitt has fund razors, fun events and more! In Whitsitt, school starts at August 14, 7:45. Ending time of the school, May 14th and origanal ending time 3:00. Half day, 11:30. I hope that if you register you student we will like to welcome you here

John B Whitsitt Elementary School
110 Whitsitt Rd, Nashville, TN  37211
Last modified John B Whitsitt Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John B Whitsitt Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top