Bad
Good

Julia Green is a lovely school with amazing parent involvement and wonderful kids. There are mostly truly excellent teachers and some that are just average and a small few that we could really do without. As with any public school, plan to advocate for your child if you feel like their needs are not being met. If you approach your child's experience here with open arms and a willingness to participate, you can have a fantastic experience. If you have a child who is exceptionally gifted or a unique learner, plan for outside enrichment. Overall, we have been happy with the school!

Julia Green is an excellent school because it has wonderful teachers, strong leadership, and supportive parents...when you live in this school district there is no reason to do private school for elementary because JGES has everything but for a lot less money!

All three of our children attended Julia Green over the past 14 years and we have had nothing but positive experiences. Parent involvement is amazing. I cannot believe anyone zoned for Julia Green would waste their money on private school when they can basically get a private school for free.

Julia Green is a fantastic school. I have three children currently enrolled. We moved to Belle Meade specifically to attend this school and have been very pleased. All of my children are doing well with grades, sports, and developing friends.

Julia green is a great school, but I hope Julia green had better aftercare program

We took a leap of faith and tranferred from a private costly school to julia green. I was shocked at the high level of learning my kindergarten student recieved compared to the kindergarten year my older son had in private school. The teachers are outstanding, The administration is outstanding, the curriculum is outstanding. The only problem ; everyone is wanting to attend julia green!! IThe parents are extremely involved and the fundraising is unbelievable. If we continue to grow we will add on. I am a parent and certified teacher with masters. Please note...Test scores can be misleading. We were so high in scores it's hard to continue growing and meeting the benchmarks. Schools that show high scores are usually due to the fact their scores were so low any growth looks good on paper.

Wonderful school! I have 2 children that have attended Julia Green and I could not have asked for more. This is just like going to a Private School in a Family Type environment without the cost!

I had my twins in (Kindergarten) transferred from Antioch to JGE and they are in different classes. We have had nothing but positive experiences in this school, and although I've not had much interaction with the new principal, everything seems to be running quite smoothly despite a very challenging relocation of the school. The PTO is absolutely extraordinary and I wish that some of the more financially blessed stay-at-home moms could help other schools where the homes are two-income and parents don't have the time to devote to making their PTO thrive like this one obviously has! My 2 Kndrgtners score in the 95th percentile & read above 2nd grade level and their teachers have done an EXCELLENT job tailoring their education to their particular needs, regardless of the limitation of the curriculum. I only wish I could afford to live in the Julia Green school zone!!

This school serves a broad spectrum of academic and socio-economic students and families. I had the luxury of being able to spend many years as an involved parent/volunteer at Julia Green, tutoring less-advantaged children. I observed that the teaching was mostly outstanding. Over the past 5 years, the school has suffered from poor administrative leadership.

I agree with the prior assessments on this site. The teachers we've had are for the most part are outstanding. The principal seems to negatively influence the morale of the staff.

Last modified Julia Green Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.