Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted December 13, 2013
My son transfered to this school in october and I do not like it or his teacher. His teacher never responds to emails, calls or notes. My son loved getting up every morning for school. Now that hes at this school he cries every morning about not going. Its heartbreaking. He also.seems to.of fallen behind here where he excelled at his previous school. Ive tried talking to his teacher & ive just been ignored. This is why I never wanted my son in a metro school. Ive made the decision to moveon the first of the year just to get him in a better school where he will be excited to learn again.

Posted December 12, 2013
I had serious doubts about sending my son to a Metro Nashville Public School since I had read so many negative reviews. I toured Lakeview with him the spring before he started Kindergarten, and I got a good overall impression. He started Kindergarten in August 2013, and although the school IS overcrowded, I have been very pleased. His teacher Mrs. Gatlin is fantastic and kind. There are 21 kids in his class. There is diversity a good mix of Americans (blacks and whites), Hispanics, Asians & Arabics. I like the fact that he has friends of all different races. He loves going to school. There are fun special events, including a Fall Festival, Art Show and Holiday Story Night. The staff is very well organized about drop-off and pick-up and runs like a well-oiled machine. Several teachers know my son by name and give him hugs in the hallways. The principal, Dr. Shumate, is also super. My son was injured from a fall at a skating party sponsored by the school, and while we were in the E.R. waiting room, Dr. Shumate showed up just to offer her support. I was very impressed. My advice to others is not to judge a school before you try it. We love Lakeview!

Posted August 20, 2013
THE vote is not in yet My grand daughter just started there after a move from another state. The question really is we have a 3/10 school what can I do to help it go up one more point? or 7? but with 17 kids in a class (here in Michigan we have 25-40 I do not understand why this is considered crowded.

Lakeview Elementary Design Center 3

Posted March 31, 2013
Lakeview Design is overcrowded. A few good teachers but too many students for the size of the school.

Posted July 23, 2010
very poor principal leadership , very harsh behavior by principal as well as some of the teachers , I strongly recomend you send your children to another school if posible , if you can not watch this school and listen to your children .

Posted May 14, 2010
My son started Kindergarten this year and was definitely one of those students that was "left behind." His teacher is amazing! However, she is completely undermined by having too many students in the classroom. Without an assistant she has no chance to adequately meet the needs of her students.

Lakeview Elementary Design Center 0

Posted January 22, 2010
I agree with most of the people here. The school needs to clean house. Starting with the principal. She lacks the skills and effort to be running a school that isn't up to standards.

Lakeview Elementary Design Center 5

Posted January 04, 2010

Posted August 03, 2009

Lakeview Elementary Design Center 3

Posted May 19, 2009
My son just started kindergarden this year and enjoyed his time at lakeview very much. His teacher Mrs.Tull is an excellent teacher. The school has definate room for improvement, but it seems as if they really are trying to excel!

Lakeview Elementary Design Center
455 Rural Hill Rd, Nashville, TN  37217
Last modified Lakeview Elementary Design Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview Elementary Design Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top