Bad
Good

This school cares about it's students. I currently have five children enrolled at McGavock Elementary.

This school is great! Several of my children have been through or are currently at McGavock. The teachers, staff, and principal are wonderful and go out of their way to help families. If you want your child to receive a great education in a supportive, family-style environment, then send them here! 5 stars all the way!

Absolutely do not send your child here. Especially if you have a special needs child that gets inclusion in a general ed setting. The principal is disrespectful to parents and they make IEP meeting unbearable.

I attended this school k-4th back in the 70s and now my son is in the 2nd grade here at McGavock Elem. All of the staff is like family to my son. They don't only care about his learning but his well being and they are always asking about myself, even the 4th grade teachers are helping and talking with the younger children. Just this year we got a new principle, Dr. Chris Marczak. This man is doing so much for our school, everyone loves him!! I hope you will consider our wonderful school for your $20,000 prize. Thank you so much.

I am not very happy with this school. Twice now my child has heard negative comments and making fun of from a teacher. An authourity figure! Kids already have to deal with their peers a teacher needs to be a positive influence. Also, it is a very unorganized school. Anytime there is a program parents are everywhere standing and tables are just 'thrown' about. You won't even see your child perform or receive an award because of all the choas. If you can choose another school besides McGavock anything! I should have listened to my aquaintences and friends that warned me of the mishaps. On the upside I do love my child's 2nd Kindergarden teacher. She has made my child bloom! I am sad though that there will be a 3rd teacher due to unforseen circumstances. Also issues with the cafeteria lady

student drop off is not going to affect the child's learning map. I am more focused on how well the teacher's and staff are communicating with the parents and how well the children are getting the attention they need from the teacher's while in the classroom. And I think they are doing a great job.

Last modified Mcgavock Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.