Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

There are ups and downs about McGavock, but I have to say I only went there one year before transferring to NSA cause I didn't want to feel bad anymore. There are way to many kids (when I went there it was 2000+, I don't understand how thats even possible) which caused chaos. The majority of the staff weren't bad. Of course, better decisions could be made, but not bad. Lastly, the bullying was really bad. Especially if you are a lgbt folk. That's all I have to rant about, hope you stuck through.

School does not work with parents unless students are athletes. Inexperienced principals, teachers, and other staff encourage fighting and suspensions of students after one tardy. Faculty does not care and is inappropriate.

Are daughter attends McGavock High School, and her mother and I have been very impressed with the school and the leadership of principal Robbin Wall. Being new to Nashville, we heard good and bad stories about McGavock and we are glad we gave it a chance. It is a big school filled with diversity and culture, but we are grateful our daughter is being introduced to what the real world is like and being able to foster relationships with people of all different shapes, colors, and ethnic backgrounds. Like all schools your child will get out what they put in.

My twins attend this school and they love it. We moved from Murfreesboro and the school curriculum is just as challenging as Rutherford County Schools. I love the diversity because the kids are able to socialize with everyone regardless of their race. I'm originally from MI and I was skeptical about moving to TN, but I'm impressed with the schools so far.

For a city the size of Nashville it is a remarkably good school. The academies in specific educational disciplines make the experience good for each student. McGavock is not without its' challenges, but, we have had a very positive experience with teachers making regular phone calls to discuss student progress, excellent extra curricular activities and good communication with the administration. (as of the date of this review my son was a Junior at this school)

I'm a new student hear at McGavock but so far the school has been amazing and the teachers and principals are great.and almost all the students hear are friendly and help you if you need help. its truly a great school

I have had two sons graduate from McGavock 10 years apart. Both had typical high school experiences, without any incidents and revieved a good education and went on to good careers. The teachers were great and cared about the students. The key ingredients to any student success at any school is parent involvement and the postive role models they have in their lives.

Reading the reviews below and parent comments are almost comical. I had two children graduate from McGavock. Both were part of the band proram and spent the majority of their time involved with band functions. The school system as a whole is flawed, each and every school in Davidson county will have issues and things that need to be improved. The experience each student has during school, regardless of where they attend, is up to each student and parent. Parents need to remain involved. Just because our kids are in high school doesnt mean mom and dad do not need to know what is happening. Regardless fo what activity your child wants to participate in make be there and be involved. Keep them involved. Students who are involved tend to score higher on standarize test and stay out of trouble. It is ok to get to kow your childs friends and know what is happening in their classrooms. The teachers can only build on what starts at home.

Although the school does have a good number of students that don't care about their education, there is a "silent majority" of students that do care about their academics, and the school offers programs that most others don't have yet. For instance, they offer an Air Force JROTC program with great instructors, they have a new Aviation department courtesy of MTSU, we have teachers that treat us like young adults and not little children, and the list goes on and on. So, before you look at the negatives of this school, first look at the opprotunities that it offers.

i am going to this school next year and all my siblings have gone here all 4 years and i have 5 brothers and 6 sisters.

Last modified Mcgavock Comp High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.