Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

John T. Moore Middle School 3

Posted September 06, 2014
Really depends on the teacher. There were some amazing experiences, but more pretty awful ones. The best I can say is that there are a handful of amazing teachers and a devoted, hardworking principal. Wouldn't recommend, but hey, that's your choice.

Posted April 29, 2014
We started JT Moore "again" this year with our 5th grader, and while we were totally happy and content before, we are now ecstatic about what the school has going on and with our daughter's level of happiness and enjoyment of school. The band program is AMAZING! The principal works harder than anyone I have ever met, knows each child by name and welcomes parents with open arms. Our daughter is being challenged and assigned project work that keeps her thinking. We love JTM! #gomatadors

Posted June 04, 2013
Some folks think that public schools can't be good, but JT Moore is a prime example of that fallacy. Our neighborhood school has strong leadership, high parent engagement, good sports teams, high academic standards, great teachers, AND designation as an International Baccalaureate school. What else do you want?

Posted February 05, 2013
We have been very impressed with the offerings, atmosphere, and administration at J.T. Moore. My daughter is in 5th grade and takes Mandarin Chinese and strings class daily, while participating in Glee Club 1 day per week (there are other foreign languages and clubs offered as well) ...and both the strings and Glee performances were awesome!...very talented student body with involved, caring teachers that bring out the best in the students! The quality of the academics/extra-curricular activities/foreign language classes are in my opinion equal to, or superior than many of the expensive private schools that we applied to. I have yet to find a private institution here, where a fifth grader can take an in-depth, full period Mandarin Chinese class 5 days per week. I would recommend this school to anyone in zone, that is considering private school for fear of lack of a quality environment/academics. My daughter is thriving both socially and academically...the excitement in her voice, smile on her face, and devastation if she thinks that she will have to miss school, is the proof in the pudding for me.

Posted January 31, 2013
I would highly recommend JT Moore to my neighborhood friends. We are new to the school this year and have found the administration and staff to be caring and hard-working. They truly love their jobs and care about the students as individuals. They work to foster an atmosphere of kindness and acceptance and bullying is not tolerated. My son is thrilled with the social atmosphere at JT Moore and is being challenged academically. It feels wonderful to support our neighborhood school and watch my son grow and thrive.

Posted January 30, 2013
I think JTM has it all! Great academic offerings, fabulous teaching and administrative staff, sports, clubs, music, but best of all a supportive, caring community of students and families. I can't imagine sending my kids anywhere else! My oldest daughter is now in high school and was very well prepared, my other two are still at Moore and are succeeding academically and very happy socially. JTM has the right mix to produce well rounded, grounded students ready for high school - wherever that may be.

Posted December 13, 2012
JTMoore has a strings teacher who turns out amazing concerts. I'm just a grandma. Every concert I've attended was excellent. They are short concerts. The teacher should be commended for her ability to bring out the best in her students.

Posted August 16, 2012
Changes made in leadership in late 2011 have made a HUGE difference in this school. The culture and academics have been incredibly elevated. High School credit classes are being offered to 7th graders, and new teachers who can teach to multiple levels have made academics challenging for all. The IB program puts high performers at this school on the same level and ACT scores as Hume Fogg and MLK (magnet schools)

Posted December 05, 2008
JTM illustrates the best of the 'neighborhood school' concept. Great families that know each other from elementary feeder school patterns as well as the welcome atmosphere for newcomers. JTM has many families that have transferred in from other public schools as well as local private schools (including Ensworth, MBA, Oak Hill, FRA, Akiwa, St. Bernard, Christ the King, CPA, Abintra Montessori and Linden Corner). In zone families should definitely consider JTM as a middle school option.

Posted August 28, 2008

John T. Moore Middle School
4425 Granny White Pk, Nashville, TN  37204
Last modified John T. Moore Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John T. Moore Middle School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top