Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted March 13, 2016
My child has been at Pennington since Kindergarten. It is a small neighborhood school with caring teachers and high parental involvement. My child's teacher looped, so she's had her for two years. She has been given extra challenges with her genius hour and Encore classes. The new principal, Ms. Kinzer, is awesome!!!

Posted October 18, 2015
My youngest is in her second year of attending this school and we are very happy here. The new principal is very fair and proactive in her approach. It has a small town school feeling and my daughter loves school and learning. We actually left this school with my oldest years ago because of the former principal, but decided to give it another go with my youngest. We are very happy we did! It's a great school right in our little Donelson neighborhood full of other attentive, happy kids and involved teachers.

Posted February 09, 2015
My daughter has attended Pennington 2nd-4th grade. She attended two other schools previously. Pennington by far is the best elementary school. The teachers truly care about the students, great communication with the parents and lots of activities for the students to be apart of .Since my daughter has been at Pennington she excelled in academics, joined the chess team, part of the WPN news team and has been apart of a fitness club. I can recall earlier this year when my daughter had an accident at school. When she did not return the next day the principal and her teacher called to check on her. I can say enough great things about this school. Their rating should really be a 10.

Posted April 17, 2014
Pennington Elem. is by far the best school. My boys have gone from D-F students to consistent A-B Honor Roll Students. My boys are both in the 4th grade and the teachers are angels in disguise. I have never felt this way about any school my boys have attended. I am so sad that we have to leave Pennington next year. However, I know Mrs. Autrey and Mrs. Lacey have given my boys the tools to go on to 5th grade. I cant say enough good things about this school. They deserved to be blessed with this prize as we have been blessed to be apart of this school.

Pennington Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2014
Ive had alot of dealings with the staff and I would say the majority are good people and great teachers but the principal Carolyn Wood is very condescending when dealing with parents when they have problems. She doesnt handle the problems well. I feel shes doesnt do her job to her full potential, but was told she wont be there next school year which is great for the kids/parents. SO maybe the test scores will be brought up!

Posted September 27, 2013
My grandson goes here. He is really doing good! Great teachers and staff. Education is so important to our children.

Posted August 25, 2013
PES is a wonderful school. Our son has been attending here since kindergarten and is currently in 4th grade. He's always been challenged by his teachers, who are caring and loving and any issue we may have had, Ms. Wood, the principle, has handled it very kindly and fairly. As most public schools, Pennington has a lot of children who don't speak English and children with special learning needs, which may affect the school's test scores, but overall it's a very strong academic environment. The PTO is very involved and they organize fun activities throughout the year, which the children and their families enjoy.

Posted August 22, 2013
My school is small and we have a terrific staff. Although our school is old it is kept very clean and decorated. The staff are all dedicated, including those not in the classrooms. I'd say we are one of Nashville's finest.

Posted January 31, 2008
I'm originally from out of state, and had always heard negative things about Davidson County schools. I could'nt afford to put my son in a private school, so I had to 'settle' for a public school. However, this is my sons' third year at Pennington(2nd grade)and he loves it here. He has excelled in every erea within his education. The staff from top to bottom are extremely attentative to the childrens needs, focusing on every child. It reminds me of my, 'little elementry school,' back home. Every issue I've ever had (not many), has always been dealt with genuine care, and in a timely manner! I wan't to end by saying, I can't thank Mrs. McCarthy(1st grade), and Mrs Bruno(2nd grade) for every thing they have done for my son these last two years! You both rock! Richard Gates

Posted August 05, 2006
Pennington is like our own little private school, and with significantly more parent involvement, and a very nurturing and supportive, extended-family- oriented community. It is truly a little haven for the kids, with caring teachers and parents looking out for each and every one of them. With only 295 children, plus or minus in a given year, we truly are blessed with this jewel of a school here in the Donelson area. Couldn't ask for a more for the kids to enjoy while expanding their creative and intellectual talents in small classes, with some of the best & uniquely capable teachers that we are very proud of. Nicole Rooney

Pennington Elementary School
2817 Donna Hill Drive, Nashville, TN  37214
Last modified Pennington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.