Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted April 17, 2014
Pennington Elem. is by far the best school. My boys have gone from D-F students to consistent A-B Honor Roll Students. My boys are both in the 4th grade and the teachers are angels in disguise. I have never felt this way about any school my boys have attended. I am so sad that we have to leave Pennington next year. However, I know Mrs. Autrey and Mrs. Lacey have given my boys the tools to go on to 5th grade. I cant say enough good things about this school. They deserved to be blessed with this prize as we have been blessed to be apart of this school.

Pennington Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2014
Ive had alot of dealings with the staff and I would say the majority are good people and great teachers but the principal Carolyn Wood is very condescending when dealing with parents when they have problems. She doesnt handle the problems well. I feel shes doesnt do her job to her full potential, but was told she wont be there next school year which is great for the kids/parents. SO maybe the test scores will be brought up!

Posted September 27, 2013
My grandson goes here. He is really doing good! Great teachers and staff. Education is so important to our children.

Posted August 25, 2013
PES is a wonderful school. Our son has been attending here since kindergarten and is currently in 4th grade. He's always been challenged by his teachers, who are caring and loving and any issue we may have had, Ms. Wood, the principle, has handled it very kindly and fairly. As most public schools, Pennington has a lot of children who don't speak English and children with special learning needs, which may affect the school's test scores, but overall it's a very strong academic environment. The PTO is very involved and they organize fun activities throughout the year, which the children and their families enjoy.

Posted August 22, 2013
My school is small and we have a terrific staff. Although our school is old it is kept very clean and decorated. The staff are all dedicated, including those not in the classrooms. I'd say we are one of Nashville's finest.

Posted January 31, 2008
I'm originally from out of state, and had always heard negative things about Davidson County schools. I could'nt afford to put my son in a private school, so I had to 'settle' for a public school. However, this is my sons' third year at Pennington(2nd grade)and he loves it here. He has excelled in every erea within his education. The staff from top to bottom are extremely attentative to the childrens needs, focusing on every child. It reminds me of my, 'little elementry school,' back home. Every issue I've ever had (not many), has always been dealt with genuine care, and in a timely manner! I wan't to end by saying, I can't thank Mrs. McCarthy(1st grade), and Mrs Bruno(2nd grade) for every thing they have done for my son these last two years! You both rock! Richard Gates

Posted November 01, 2007

Pennington Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2007

Posted August 05, 2006
Pennington is like our own little private school, and with significantly more parent involvement, and a very nurturing and supportive, extended-family- oriented community. It is truly a little haven for the kids, with caring teachers and parents looking out for each and every one of them. With only 295 children, plus or minus in a given year, we truly are blessed with this jewel of a school here in the Donelson area. Couldn't ask for a more for the kids to enjoy while expanding their creative and intellectual talents in small classes, with some of the best & uniquely capable teachers that we are very proud of. Nicole Rooney

Pennington Elementary School
2817 Donna Hill Dr, Nashville, TN  37214
Last modified Pennington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pennington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top