Bad
Good

My child is a student at PPE. We've had excellent teachers every year and the "parent involvement" goes above and beyond "writing checks" as was mentioned by another person. I'm very involved at the school and try to come in and help at least once a week. The office staff is welcoming, caring and cheerful. My child is challenged educationally and I know she will be more than prepared for middle school.

This school pulls the children of the most affluent, most educated parents in Nashville, makes little effort to provide anything beyond the most basic of an education, and then pats itself on the back when it gets high test scores (which are related to SES and parents' education). "Parent involvement" means writing checks for a host of ridiculous events. Disappointed to see that this is what people in Nashville consider to be a "good" school.

I went to Percy Priest in fourth grade. Being a new student, I was a little nervous, but I had no reason to be. The school's administration was so friendly and helpful. I made friends quickly, and everyone was so welcoming. We switched classes in FOURTH GRADE, which is pretty phenomenal. It really prepared me for middle school. The classes were challenging and stimulating. They were actually FUN, which was kind of crazy for me. Overall, everything about the school is incredible.

I'm a parent of a kindergartner at this school. We are beyond pleased with PPE. We've often said that if we had payed a private school tuition for this school, we would still be happy. Excellent staff, non-intrusive fundraisers, clean building and creative teaching. I especially love the art and music programs!

We could not be happier with our choice. We are particularly impressed with the level of parental involvement.

overall we were not as happy with this school as we thought we would be. they have really good teachers but the making you feel comfortable whatever your "class" is is not there at all. we felt very "out of our class" there and it was upsetting because our primary goal was an excellent education for our kids, not low, middle, or high class rating!

A score of 6 out of 10? I think this website should review this school again.

I love Percy Priest because it is one big learning community family. The teachers, parents, principal, and students are all so vested in making sure it is a great place for children to grow and learn. We could not be more pleased!

We left a great private school for financial reasons and LOVE Percy Priest! We wish we had done it sooner.

Can't say enough good things about this caring, respectful learning environment. If all public elementary schools were like Percy Priest we would not have to worry about public education. High achievement important along with high parent involvement,

Last modified Percy Priest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.