Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

This school has truly been a blessing to me! I have never worked with as many hard working, passionate, dedicated teachers as I have had the opportunity to work with at Taylor Stratton.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The majority of the teachers at Taylor Stratton are rated with an effective level of 4 or 5.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The teachers teach the subject matter and then homework is for practice. It helps the teachers gauge the proficiency of their students so they can plan their lessons accordingly.

Taylor Stratton is an amazing school with excellent teachers, staff, students, and parents. The school's personnel is inviting and cares about the community because it is their community. Every classroom has computers and interactive boards for continuous engagement. Every student has an individualized learn plan that is the result of several assessment tools and teacher expertise. Spanish and computer are taught to every student as well as art, music and physical education. President Barack Obama visited the school the summer of 2015. He brought Excellence and Excellence continues. The students are proud of who they are and the success that they achieve'!! There is amazing work being done at Taylor Stratton for the community under the leadership of Renita Perkins. Taylor Stratton has scored higher than any other school in the Hinters Lane cluster since her assignment of 2014-15. Taylor Stratton is a wonderful place to learn and work.

My granddaughter attended Stratton for 3 years. Her teachers were excellent and caring. She excelled under their guidance. We are very happy with Taylor Stratton Elementary.

I've been at this school for 22 years, and I have enjoyed being there throughout these many years. The teachers are wonderful and caring. It is a neighborhood school where some of the children who were students are now parents and they are bringing them back to this school.

Horrible!!! Not at all happy with this school and their lack of organization. I should have done my research about this school. Let me begin by saying that on the first day of school, they had already managed to lose all of my child's information. Mind you, I had registered her for school last August, a week after school let out for the summer. Therefore, having to fill out new registration forms. Next, the teacher that my child was assigned to left the school after the 1st week, leaving my child and a whole other group of children floating from classroom to classroom and teacher to teacher giving these poor children no stability and a classroom and teacher to call their own. Finally after 3 months of this my child finally has a permanent teacher. I am very shocked to see that this school "magically" has a "4" as it's rating, when only less than one month ago it was ranked as a 2. This school doesn't yet deserve a rating of a 4. Stratton has got a LONG way to go....

My family loves Stratton Elementary! My daughter has attended since 2nd grade, and is currently in 4th. She's had amazing teachers every year. I really feel like they are all very special teachers who are able to recognize the diversity of their students, and make each one feel special and inspired. The pricipal, Mr. Perkins, is an absolute sweetheart, and he takes the time to know and talk to each child in the hall. The staff is very professional, and the school always looks nice and clean. I will be sad when my daughter moves up to Madison Middle next year, but then my son will be starting Kindergarten at Stratton; so we will still get to visit this great school for another 5 years!!

This is the best school I ever attended

Last modified Stratton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.