Nashville, TN

Posted January 14, 2015
Tom Joy Elementary is a great school with some of the best teachers in Metro. I have 4 sons and they all went to Tom Joy. If your looking for a school that has before/aftercare via fun company, good student teacher ratio, great curriculum in a nurturing and positive atmosphere then Tom Joy Elementary should be your first choice.

Tom Joy Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2014
they need to get a program for students that has reading issues, because my son has reading issue and they waited until now to do something about it.

Posted May 13, 2013
Judging by the previous posts, Tom Joy has come a long way. Except for the sloppy dismissal, it's a great school. My daughter is doing better there than some children I know from some of the higher rated schools. My daughter is above her reading level and she is an E student. Her 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Buchanan, is more than I could ever ask for. I don't know what these ratings are based on but Tom Joy is definitely on a much higher level than 1.

Tom Joy Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2011
My daughter is a second grade student at Tom Joy Elementary. I love the school and she has enjoyed her experience there thus far. My child's teacher is very loving and goes above and beyond. The principal is very supportive and visible as well. I get to speak with her almost daily at dismissal as she is out front participating with dismissal duty most days. The school has a very welcoming atmosphere and dedicated teachers. I hope that everyone's experience is as good as my family's has been.

Tom Joy Elementary School 2

Posted December 02, 2008
The' teachers does not have enough patience with the kids, they are quick to suspend 5 and 6 yr olds without trying to fix the problem, they just don't want to deal with the issues.. The Principal does not appear to have time, they don't have enough extra activities for the kids..

Posted April 21, 2008

Tom Joy Elementary School 2

Posted April 02, 2008
Very below the standards that I expect in a school for my child. Very unprofessional attitude of some of the teachers and unwillingness to put in extra effort with children.

Tom Joy Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2008
My son goes to Tom Joy elementary, I am very unhappy with him going here. He is a A+ student , but the excel classes aren't there like his previous school. Too many children and not enough teachers, Also I don't feel like the students are given the attention they deserve.

Tom Joy Elementary School 4

Posted October 10, 2007
dissmissal i still very unoraganized, teachers need to be more patient and not in a rush t teach there leason plans, need to week or so on one leason plan

Tom Joy Elementary School 0

Posted September 27, 2007
Tom Joy is a great school. Much higher than the three. Most of the teachers are good and care about the students . If a child is taught to listen and behave at home they will do it at school.

Tom Joy Elementary School
2201 Jones Avenue, Nashville, TN  37207
Last modified Tom Joy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tom Joy Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top