Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

Posted October 07, 2011
My daughter started this fall at Carter-Lawrence. We were extremely lucky to get into this school via the lottery for MNPS. The teachers are amazing. The staff truly love what they do. I received a month after she began a letter with the option to transfer because the school received lower test grades. I chose not to. I feel my daughter is learning at an amazing pace, she is happy, safe and the school has been nothing but wonderful. I truly am pleased with the school and staff and the new principal is fantastic.

Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet 0

Posted April 26, 2010
This school has great staff and faculty really trying to make a difference in these children's lives. I love this school and love volunteering my time there.

Posted December 04, 2009

Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet 4

Posted December 04, 2009
i totally love this school.kids in order teachers nice and friendly.

Posted October 09, 2009
Thisis a wonderful school. This is my daughters 3rd year at this school and she loves it. I tried to see if she wanted to go to a different school and that didnt work out well at all.. Carter lawrence is were she wants to be.. Someone recommanded this school and I have enjoyed it every since my little one has ben in kindergarten. The principal is wonderful. I havent had any problems with bullying or any of the staf members. I feel that if anyhing was to happen the staff members know how to handle it. I also have sub at the schol many of times and enjoyed the teachers and the students. Keep upthe good work

Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet 1

Posted September 26, 2008

Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet 4

Posted August 01, 2008

Posted July 03, 2008

Posted July 03, 2008

Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet 1

Posted May 04, 2008
This was my children's first year in Nashville Metro schools. This school is suppose to be a 'Magnet' school. However, I feel that there needs to be more challenging activities and work to high achieving students. There is a large lower socioecomomic population and lots of bullying and I don't think the school knows how to handle it. The counselor doesn't counsel. She attempts to play more of a fill in when the Principle is away. The overall office staff with the exception of one, is fairly nice. The Principle was new this year however, is also learning how to deal with this population of kids. This is not a school that I would recommend for any child who isn't from inner city Nashville.

Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet
1118 12th Ave South, Nashville, TN  37203
Last modified Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carter Lawrence Elementary Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top