Posted November 22, 2014
Hello. I'm in the eighth grade and have been attending this school for four years. There are several clubs and extracurricular activities. There's a robotics club (that I participated in). There is track, football, volleyball, etc.(and many more). The school has exceptional teachers. For the eighth grade they provide three high school credit classes. There is Spanish I. The teacher for Spanish I (currently Coach Vaughn) does a very good job in preparing the students for high school. Algebra I and Phys. Science are the other challenging AP classes. The band program and teacher, Ms. Julie Joly is amazing. She is very professional, and compared to every school I've seen, she's always been the best. However, if you participate in the band program, you can't go to related arts periods such as art on a regular basis. I would highly recommend this school though. I have made lots of friends here, although I started out very shy. So, are you ready to make memories at WEMS?

Posted November 11, 2014
Hi I am a student at West End Middle School and have been attending the school since 2010. I am now in the 8th grade there and loving it. West End has great teachers and students there. The students can be a little harsh there but once you get to know everyone there you find yourself in a welcoming and caring environment. The teachers there are amazing, they help you if you need help or don't understand a lesson that you don't understand but the catch is that you have to go and tell them that need help. It is more of a practice for high school. They are not going to hold your hand and babysit you. You are I independent but they will not let you all the way off the leash. The only thing that I believe this school needs to improve on is the lunch food, but that is not a reason to not come to this school. I love this school and wish you and anyone else the best and good luck if you choose this school!

Posted September 21, 2014
I used to go to West End before I moved to a different state and I did not appreciate how good of a school it was. It may not be considered the best school achedemically, but the environment is friendly and I felt no discrimination or barriers between people. I was surprised at how nicely people treated the special needs kids and how much a small school body puts forth efforts to help its community. The school building itself if beautiful and the teachers there are amazing, influential people. I truly wish I still attended this school.

Posted July 22, 2014
West is Best! This is the school motto, and I've found that it truly is the best school for my two kids. While the large, historic building often gives the impression it is a large school, the student population is quite small at around 450 students grades 5-8, which gives the school an intimate feeling. The teachers and administration really get to know and care about the progress of each student academically and socially. The school has a warm and welcoming feeling for students and parents. In addition to academics, students are offered many opportunities for before and after school enrichment, including art, music, technology and arts choices. The band is particularly awesome.

Posted October 01, 2011
West End IB World School is a wonderful middle school. The administration and teachers are incredibly engaged, and encourage parental input and participation. The small size of the student population makes the school a tight-knit community, and the IB curriculum helps build character and academic curiosity in the world around us.

West End Middle School 3

Posted May 21, 2010
The administrative staff seem to be more concerned with self-promotion and connecting the success of the school to their personal careers than the work of faculty at large. Many of the teachers are caring, experienced professionals with a sincere drive to see the students achieve.

Posted August 07, 2009
I am a student of West End. The teachers are fun and teach us a lot, but sometimes don't know how to handle certain students. Each teacher has their own teaching style, therefore class is usually fun, meaning: class keeps us occupied. The 5th grade teacers are outstanding! ( I'm going into the sixth grade so I'll have to wait to find out about the others!) The extracurricular activities are phenomenal! Overall I give this school 4 stars. The only thing I would change is: The teachers need to learn to discipline certain students better. I reccomend this school!

West End Middle School 1

Posted November 30, 2008

Posted August 08, 2008
I loved West End Middle School. My sister will be attending West end for her 6th grade year. I have been here since I was a shy fifth grader. I had met many teachers who helped me with my work due to my disabiltiy to hear. Now I am hearing using a technology called cochlear implant. I met many different friends. One of my favorites things I like about that school is that on some school events, you get to watch vollyball, flag football. I guarantee that you will have a wonderful time there. I am now currently attending Father Ryan High School as a freshman.

West End Middle School 2

Posted July 01, 2008
I was very pleased with the first two years of West End. The teachers were well-educated, open-minded, and fun. However, when it comes down to my 7th and 8th grade year, I have been very displeased with the school. I honestly felt like the teachers in my grade level at the time were more interested in getting their paycheck than teaching us students in the correct manner. I was not challenged by mostly anything we did and I feel like we should have gotten a better education. Overall,I would not recommend this school to attend.

West End Middle School
3529 West End Av, Nashville, TN  37205
Last modified West End Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West End Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top