Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 15, 2016
Mrs. Lemon, she helped my kindergartner build confidence in reading and in her self. Ms. Moore, she stood by my 3rd grader.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 15, 2016
I personally do not like the idea of homework, but the amount they came home with was not unreasonable.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 15, 2016
My oldest child suffers from self doubt and anxiety and often wants to give up on a task she believes is going to be too hard, her teacher, Ms. Moore would not let her give up, Ms. Moore encouraged her to try her best and work though her fears. This has really had an impact in my child's life.

Posted June 15, 2016
After relocating to Nashville in Dec. of 2015 from San Antonio, where we home schooled our children, we decided to enroll them into public school for the first time in their lives. Westmeade was the first school we looked at and I'm glad it was. Principal Breese was incredibly welcoming and understanding of the challenges we were going to be facing as our children changed learning environments, the staff and teachers kept us well informed on the progress our children were making and I felt that their teachers (Ms. Moore and Mrs. Lemon) genuinely cared about the success of our kids, both academically and socially. The guidance counselor (Mr. V) was very helpful in working with our children and helping them adjust to the new environment. The staff and faculty of this school has really made an impact on me and my children, we love Westmeade.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
Ms. Bain has been so helpful with me and my child's learning issues and I can't thank her enough!!!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
I have a child with difficulties learning some things and he has had so much one on one help and the teachers and office staff have helped me through this. Thanks you Westmeade!!!

Posted November 18, 2015
My son is in his second year here and he and I both LOVE it. The teachers and staff are so nice and helpful. I feel so comfortable everyday knowing my child is here. We've had the best experience and will be sad to leave when it's time for him to move on for 5th grade.

Westmeade Elementary School 1

Posted August 03, 2015
My children attended this school for 1 year and that was enough. The teachers and staff are nice enough but do not appear to be genuinely concerned about the students' progress. The students had to take a typed assessment for the TCAP but never practiced typing. All preparation for the assessment was done using pencil and paper. When I inquired about this, I was told not to worry because "the score doesn't count this year." When I requested my child's score on the assessment, I was never provided them. This is the first year my daughter has ever complained and said that she did not understand a topic. When I compared what she was learning to what students at her prior school were learning, she was behind. Technologically, this school is so behind. They do not have sufficient computers or smart boards. When my son became ill at school, the nurse never called despite me telling the teacher and my child to call me. Instead, my child was told to return to class because he didn't have a fever. When you initiate a complaint, you are stared at with a look of complete shock that you actually have a complaint. Last year when I was researching schools, Westmeade had a 7 on Great schools so I visited the school and enrolled my child. When I checked great schools towards the end of the school year, the rating had dropped to a 5. This school was very disappointing. I just pray my children learned enough prepare them for the next grade.

Westmeade Elementary School 4

Posted April 07, 2015
I have two children at this school who are finishing their second year here. I love the community feel of this school. I frequently volunteer with my young son in tow and am always made to feel welcome to have him here. I really believe as a parent I get back what I put in by making sure I communicate with teachers and staff. My children are learning to be respectful, responsible, and I couldn't be happier with the educational growth they have made. On a side note Mr. Howard (the school janitor) does a wonderful job of keeping the school clean. There have also been measures taken like shampooing all class carpets twice this year that are really appreciated. Sure we have had a stomach bug (what school age child doesn't!) but are lucky to be in the 95% of Westmeade students only contracting typical kid colds and stomach viruses all kids (at all schools) pass around

Posted April 07, 2015
Westmeade is a great school! I find, not only my kids' teachers, but the entire staff to be nurturing and focused on kids and their needs! Things are run in an organized and efficient manner and just walking in the building, you feel 'welcomed' and a positive tone in the air! We love Westmeade!

6641 Clearbrook Drive, Nashville, TN  37205
Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. (615) 353-2066
Last modified Westmeade Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.