Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Both my children have gone through Westmeade. The teachers have been wonderful to work with. My children have been challenged appropriately, being put in accelerated programs when they need it. There's a strong sense of community. Mr. Breese is very engaged and involved with the children.

Amount of homework: Agree

I personally do not like the idea of homework, but the amount they came home with was not unreasonable.

After relocating to Nashville in Dec. of 2015 from San Antonio, where we home schooled our children, we decided to enroll them into public school for the first time in their lives. Westmeade was the first school we looked at and I'm glad it was. Principal Breese was incredibly welcoming and understanding of the challenges we were going to be facing as our children changed learning environments, the staff and teachers kept us well informed on the progress our children were making and I felt that their teachers (Ms. Moore and Mrs. Lemon) genuinely cared about the success of our kids, both academically and socially. The guidance counselor (Mr. V) was very helpful in working with our children and helping them adjust to the new environment. The staff and faculty of this school has really made an impact on me and my children, we love Westmeade.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I have a child with difficulties learning some things and he has had so much one on one help and the teachers and office staff have helped me through this. Thanks you Westmeade!!!

My son is in his second year here and he and I both LOVE it. The teachers and staff are so nice and helpful. I feel so comfortable everyday knowing my child is here. We've had the best experience and will be sad to leave when it's time for him to move on for 5th grade.

My children attended this school for 1 year and that was enough. The teachers and staff are nice enough but do not appear to be genuinely concerned about the students' progress. The students had to take a typed assessment for the TCAP but never practiced typing. All preparation for the assessment was done using pencil and paper. When I inquired about this, I was told not to worry because "the score doesn't count this year." When I requested my child's score on the assessment, I was never provided them. This is the first year my daughter has ever complained and said that she did not understand a topic. When I compared what she was learning to what students at her prior school were learning, she was behind. Technologically, this school is so behind. They do not have sufficient computers or smart boards. When my son became ill at school, the nurse never called despite me telling the teacher and my child to call me. Instead, my child was told to return to class because he didn't have a fever. When you initiate a complaint, you are stared at with a look of complete shock that you actually have a complaint. Last year when I was researching schools, Westmeade had a 7 on Great schools so I visited the school and enrolled my child. When I checked great schools towards the end of the school year, the rating had dropped to a 5. This school was very disappointing. I just pray my children learned enough prepare them for the next grade.

I have two children at this school who are finishing their second year here. I love the community feel of this school. I frequently volunteer with my young son in tow and am always made to feel welcome to have him here. I really believe as a parent I get back what I put in by making sure I communicate with teachers and staff. My children are learning to be respectful, responsible, and I couldn't be happier with the educational growth they have made. On a side note Mr. Howard (the school janitor) does a wonderful job of keeping the school clean. There have also been measures taken like shampooing all class carpets twice this year that are really appreciated. Sure we have had a stomach bug (what school age child doesn't!) but are lucky to be in the 95% of Westmeade students only contracting typical kid colds and stomach viruses all kids (at all schools) pass around

Westmeade is a great school! I find, not only my kids' teachers, but the entire staff to be nurturing and focused on kids and their needs! Things are run in an organized and efficient manner and just walking in the building, you feel 'welcomed' and a positive tone in the air! We love Westmeade!

really dirty school, in the past 2 months my daughter has been sick with stomach virus's, phenomena and staph infection, not to mention what stomach virus she had, ended up giving my sons croup, her phenomena and myself viral meningitis. she has missed so much school because of how infected with germs this place is!!! she is still getting over her staph infection and i am so dissatisfied with the way the principle is handling her situation, our families situation with this school. it is unbelievable, glad to say we are looking to buy a new house that is zoned for for somewhere else. she does have a really amazing teacher tho. Ms. Rugaard is wonderful with her.

Westmeade is a great elementary school. Mr. Breese does a great job & is very alert with what is going on in his school. The office staff stays alert and is very informative with what is going on. I do feel my child is safe & negative behavior with children are dealt with in a concerned, controlled manner. Lots of ways parents & families can be involved with the school. Clubs to help children in there studies are offered (ex. dragon math club). Thank you Westmeade!

Last modified Westmeade Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.