Nashville, TN
Before care: Yes

Westmeade Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2014
really dirty school, in the past 2 months my daughter has been sick with stomach virus's, phenomena and staph infection, not to mention what stomach virus she had, ended up giving my sons croup, her phenomena and myself viral meningitis. she has missed so much school because of how infected with germs this place is!!! she is still getting over her staph infection and i am so dissatisfied with the way the principle is handling her situation, our families situation with this school. it is unbelievable, glad to say we are looking to buy a new house that is zoned for for somewhere else. she does have a really amazing teacher tho. Ms. Rugaard is wonderful with her.

Posted September 21, 2014
Westmeade is a great elementary school. Mr. Breese does a great job & is very alert with what is going on in his school. The office staff stays alert and is very informative with what is going on. I do feel my child is safe & negative behavior with children are dealt with in a concerned, controlled manner. Lots of ways parents & families can be involved with the school. Clubs to help children in there studies are offered (ex. dragon math club). Thank you Westmeade!

Westmeade Elementary School 1

Posted July 27, 2014
This school is horrible. Burned out teachers. Too many students per classroom. Wasp infestation. Nothing is done about troublemakers. Terrible communication.

Westmeade Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2013
Westmeade is a fabulous elementary school! I have two children who attend Westmeade Elementary School and have been nothing but happy with every aspect of this great little school! We are fortunate to have a principal who is approachable in every way and has provided consistent leadership for the last nine years. The faculty and staff are top notch. They do a tremendous job engaging our boys and girls academically and making sure they are successful learners. I would not want my children anywhere else!

Westmeade Elementary School 4

Posted July 15, 2013
Westmeade is a great school with excellent teachers and staff as well as family-oriented. They truly care about the children.

Posted May 30, 2013
My son just finished first grade at Westmeade. We have had a great experience educationally and he loves the school. My two other children attend private school and our experience here has been similar to that from a learning standpoint. The principal seems to be excellent and the two teachers my son has had have been wonderful. Parental involvement is outstanding. The school has definitely changed over the years and has attracted more families and is becoming a true neighborhood school. We highly recommend it.

Posted August 21, 2012
My son is in his second year here and he and I both LOVE it. The teachers and staff are so nice and helpful. I feel so comfortable everyday knowing my child is here. We've had the best experience and will be sad to leave when it's time for him to move on for 5th grade.

Posted April 22, 2012
We almost discounted Westmeade due to a poor review here. But decided to go find out for ourselves. My daughter, who just started 3rd grade (at the end of the year) at Westmeade loves it! I was glad that I went in to meet the wonderful staff in the office (including the principal) myself. My daughter says her favorite parts are: roller skating in gym, snack time, nice new recess equipment, switching classes for math ,really nice classmates, and her teachers! I saw the homework and it was challenging and appropriate. Good work Westmeade. We look forward to one more month of school and a good year next year.

Posted April 17, 2012
Talented and caring teachers and staff at Westmeade Elementary create such a positive learning environment for students. There is a great sense of community at the school - parents are not only involved, but teachers and staff really welcome their involvement! There is a great synergy between the principal, staff and parents! Good leadership, great communication, and a very happy learning environment for our kids!

Posted April 17, 2012
My son is in first grade, and we've been very happy with Westmeade. I was so impressed that the principal knew my son's name the first day of kindergarten! The teachers are wonderful, and we appreciate the specials: PE, Art, and Music. The librarian is the best in Nashville, and I love the organic garden which can be used as an outdoor classroom. I only wish that foreign language were offered.

Westmeade Elementary School
6641 Clearbrook Dr, Nashville, TN  37205
(615) 353-2066
Last modified Westmeade Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westmeade Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top