I. T. Creswell Arts Magnet Middle School 1

Posted April 07, 2015
The principle is rude, I don't know why it's call school of art cause they don't do nothing. The kids is out of control i wouldn't send my kids in need a new principle too day!!!!!!!!!

Posted August 04, 2014
ITC is a decent school. I like that the school offers a variety of art classes. If you are considering this school, I would suggest to stay on top of the all of the faculty. The teachers are very responsive. I have had great success by communicating with them via email.. Now, you may have problems getting a response from the principal. The office plays this "triage" game, which makes it a bit complicated to get a hold of him. And I would suggest for every parent to familiarize themselves with the District's Policy, because sometimes they seem to forget it. Putting all that aside, my child loves this school. I think there are issues with all schools, and if they are not addressed or properly escalated, it will just make matters worse.

Posted July 24, 2014
IT Creswell is a school that is thriving towards excellence. I have been impressed with majority of the teachers and I really like the principal- Dr.Murcray. My only concern has been the treatment of the students by some of the staff. I have witnessed the staff belittling the students. This is a school not a prison!! I have agreed to let my daughter return this upcoming school year in hopes to see some improvements if not I will not let her return the following year. .

Posted April 11, 2014
My daughter has thrived during her years at I.T. Creswell. To respond to an earlier comment: the audition and juries process has evolved significantly over the time that we've been with the school, and I have been very impressed not only with the reorganization process, but also with the teachers staff's ability to adapt. ITC seems to just get better every year - articstically AND academically - and the Nasvhille community is definitely taking notice! Now is the perfect time to be a Comet!

Posted April 11, 2014
I.T. Creswell is an amazing school! It has top notch teachers and administration. It is the perfect school for artistic or creative children, as they are nurtured, valued, and appreciated. Learning is very hands on, project based, and fun for students, making them want to succeed! I have a 6th grader there now, and I am so thanksful we get to be a part of the Creswell family for two more years!

I. T. Creswell Arts Magnet Middle School 1

Posted May 22, 2013
I have had the worst experience sending my child to I.T.Crestwell because he has an IEP. I call the school, visited the school a couple time. I would call and ask for her assistance with my child grades, she would refer me to other teachers instead or taking care of the matter herself. She is in the same location as the teacher that I needed her to talk with about my son grades but she would not help me at all. My child grades being modified by the teachers. It is very heart breaking to meet with the staff and teachers face to face and still receive this kind of treatment about your child. I just wanted all the things that was outline in his IEP to be upheld by the school and the staff. I have left message after message for the Special Education teacher to aide me and my child with the modification of his grades. Here it is two days before school lets out and his grades have not been modified yet. If I'm having such a hard time with getting assistance from the staff. I can just imagine what kind of school year he experience with the staff at I.T. Crestwell.

I. T. Creswell Arts Magnet Middle School 4

Posted February 20, 2013
Hi, I am one of Creswell's own student.It is a great school.We score high in tcap and dea.And their are great teachers with positive attitudes to help us.So if you are looking for a good school,please choose Isiah Thomas Creswell.Goooooooooooo Comets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I. T. Creswell Arts Magnet Middle School 4

Posted February 23, 2011
This is a great school compared to the school my chilldren use to attend. Teachers are very nice.

Posted September 29, 2010
This is my son's first year at Creswell. He is a 5th grader coming from a terrible elementary school. Ms. Greco in 5th grade has made a world of difference for my son and the communication is 100% better than his elementary school. I email her and she responds within 2 hours or less. I am very pleased so far with Creswell.

Posted May 25, 2010
My impression of the professionalism of the staff is very positive. However, the biggest problem that I see is the fact that auditions are not required for admission. An arts magnet school should provide unique opportunities for students who are able to demonstrate some aptitude, or at least interest, in art. In my opinion, there are too many students who are there because they live close by and not because they are serious about art.

I. T. Creswell Arts Magnet Middle School
3500 John Mallette Dr, Nashville, TN  37218
Last modified I. T. Creswell Arts Magnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
I. T. Creswell Arts Magnet Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top