Nashville, TN
Students enrolled: 1,021

Posted February 10, 2015
I was a previous student at WCHS, graduated in 2010 with honors (which doesn't say much considering the academic standard the school holds itself to). I was continuously picked on or bullied, by both teachers and students) due to being of Caucasian decent or alienated by peers of the same ethnic decent because of being new and from a Military family. When I entered into the school I had classes that were supposed to be taught at advanced placement or honors level; that were essentially not academically earned by the students attending. The were primarily extended to the students who were less disruptive and had less gang affiliations than the students in average classes. They were more along the lines of reprieves from the continuous harassment, bickering, and volatile nature often exhibited by about 90% of the student body. Though many of the students in "Honors" program were calmer I still had class mates who were heavily involved into gang-related activities two of them in particular who succumbed to their lifestyles in their junior year both dying outside of the school from shootings. I would never had attended if I had, had alternate means for an education.

Whites Creek Comp High School 4

Posted January 14, 2015
I am so impressed with the principal at Whites Creek! He has truly turned the school around. I have seen some positive things being reported in the news, facebook, and other media outlets. Equally, if you walk into the school, you can't help but notice the cleanliness of the school. You can eat off the floors! The students seemed to be proud of their facilities. The academies are impeccable! I am simply amazed at the level of involvement with the business partners that are working with Whites Creek. Academically, the scores are headed in the right direction. My child attended a magnet school and he begged me to allow him to go to Whites Creek for Alternative Energy Academy. I was reluctant at first however, I am extremely happy with my decision. Mrs. Caster
3 people found this helpful

Whites Creek Comp High School 4

Posted February 02, 2013
This school is moving in the right direction with the new leader in charge. So, impressed with the positive change that I see already.
3 people found this helpful

Whites Creek Comp High School 5

Posted February 02, 2013
This is a good year for me... I can teach with my door open, kids not running in the hallway, students are going to class. Whites Creek Rocks!
2 people found this helpful

Whites Creek Comp High School 3

Posted April 13, 2008

Posted March 25, 2008

Whites Creek Comp High School 0

Posted January 31, 2008
White's creek High School is doing great things,they have a postive & supported,principal & staff.1-10 I rate them an 9 because there is no perfect school.

Posted August 26, 2004
- a former student

Whites Creek Comp High School
7277 Old Hickory Boulevard, Nashville, TN  37189
Last modified Whites Creek Comp High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whites Creek Comp High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top