Bad
Good

Hunter's Lane High School is a really awsome school. My son is a freshman and is enrolled im honors classes. They offer the J.R.O.T.C. program and my son loves it. He has many amazing role models at this school and has has many wonderful opportunites already and my son is only a freshman. I was worried before he started school because I have heard things that were negative but I chose to enroll my son and see how it went. I am so glad I didn't believe the ugly rumours because he loves it. At my son's former school in a more upscale neighborhood we dealt with alot of bullying but at Hunter's Lane he has many friends. I would give this school more stars if I could. Theu go past beimg teachers and become very involved with the children. They have a bookstore on campus. Did I mention that it is free? Yes, you read thay right. Free!!! They also have a clothing closet and help families with food bags if needed. As I would not trade this school experience for a full scholarship to a private school. Please don't believe the negative hype. Take a tour and see for yourself and read some of the student reviews on this site. The fact that students registered to leave reviews should tell you alot too. This school is a 2nd home to my son. Love it!

The school's IB and Honor Program is great. The teachers actually care about the students, and the program is a great opportunity for kids to excel. Unfortunately, the overall environment that these kids have to learn in is absolutely horrid. There are way too many kids that don't care about their school work, their school, their teachers, or themselves for that matter. Fights are a regular at HLHS. If you are in the Honor's Program at this school, great. If not, good luck.

I loved HLHS. We always had fun and we learned a lot. All of the teachers were Great. Band was AWESOME!!

I am A freshmen At HLHS on the school year of 2011/12! And our school is not that bad as lots of people say. It offers many programs like , The MYP/IB Program, AVID, ELL, virtual learning, and many more. I am in the Marching band, and MYP program. i love this school as well as many of you might like it!

I am a Freshmen here at HLHS in the 2011/2012 school year, and I am really enjoying this school. This school is awesome. I have made lots of friends in this school in only the first couple of weeks. I would recommend students to go here, its not only a fun school, but you can learn alot in this school in fun ways, that is what make our school so great...HLHS = The Cool School!!!

HLHS is an awesome school. My daughter is a 9th grader this 2010/11 school year. She entered HLHS at the last minute and didn't know anyone there. The first day she met several friends, the teachers were warm and friendly and the principals are very encouraging. My daughter is in the marching band and has become fast friends with the group of kids that are working hard to improve the #s on the band and the outlook that the community has about the school and the kids that attend HLHS. With the news media taking every chance they get to talk about the bad things happening at the local schools it is hard to know what is going on at the high schools that is good. Let me tell you, there is alot of good things going on at HLHS. We are looking forward to 3 more great years.

Hunters Lane has undergone a complete change in the past 2 years. The school is in good standing, discipline is under control, Principal Kesser brought back pep rallies, dances, and a single lunch for all students.

I loved the school. If it wasn't for this school I wouldn't have my head on strieght.

Everybody saying that HLHS is a bad school are not trying at all. Im a student and i love it here. If someone trys in the school, then its a wonderful place. but the people who are just there to see friends, the ones that cause all the bad rep, are the students who do nothing but talk act up and sleep.

Hunters Lane needs a lot of improvements. The rules have become too strict which makes the students feel more stressed. Students learn less because they are always being sent to the office because of a dress code violation. Also,teenagers tend to need more sleep than adults and for some reason their bodies are set to wanting to stay up late and arranging the time to go to school earlier is not going to help these students. Students cannot learn as nearly as well when they have not had enough sleep! The new principal(Kessler) at Hunters Lane seems like she will help fix a lot of these problems. My main concern is the new time. It is simply too early and students cannot learn as well.

Last modified Hunters Lane Comp High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.