Nashville, TN

J. E. Moss Elementary School 5

Posted October 16, 2014
My school is very diverse, has highly qualified teachers, interested, and caring parents, a strong school counseling team, an excellent principal and wonderful, eager-to-learn students. At this time, there is nothing I would like to change, as ours is Working School Improvement Plan! We have leadership who accepts constructive input (Concern/Solution approach), a strong instructional leader in our principal, and participatory leadership. I cannot imagine how hard it will be for me to leave when the time comes for me to retire.

Posted July 21, 2014
Hi, this school is ok but could be better. This school needs lots of fixing like the restrooms, some of the roof have links, classroom, playground (where kids love to play). And it would also be nice to have a safe fiance where the 1st Park is at. And more that they put portable for students. It it sage for are kids. And also have teacher & principles that will say Hello, Good Morning ect. Because half of them don't.! This will be my older son last year but I will have 2 more going to that school. Oh yes and for the walker's it would be nice really nice if there was a sidewalk by the tree where all the kids and also with there mom & dad walk. It's bad when it rains, mud, snow ect. And kids can't walk in with wet, dirt shoes ect. It's not safe to walk where the bus come out. I really hope that one day (soon) someone can look at this school. Thanks!

J. E. Moss Elementary School 5

Posted July 19, 2013
My soon is very mad that he have to go a year without going to this school he love the teachers and students his favorite teacher was Mrs.Sullens Davion London will miss you

Posted August 14, 2011
The school's principal is horrible! I have found him to be utterly disrespectful, unprofessional, and not at all catering to a parent's concern. I am planning to pull my child out of the school as soon as I possibly can.

J. E. Moss Elementary School 4

Posted January 28, 2011
As a parent of four students which have all attended JE moss in the last 8 years ( two of which are still in attendance), I am happy to recommend this school to parents who desire an education which fosters responsibility to both parent and child, interaction with caring professionals who take education seriously enough to show up after school and on weekends to educate parents and students on how to support their children and acheive acedemic success. The admin staff does a commendable job in responding to parents needs regarding thier children and meeting the the needs of a diverse and changing community.

Posted October 17, 2008
I am also very disappointed in J. E. Moss, at first the principle seems to be very nice and professional but it is a farce as it the genuine concern that I would expect from the staff and faculty members at this school.

J. E. Moss Elementary School 4

Posted March 27, 2007
My son is very pleased with his teachers at J.E. Moss. I was very pleased with the Valentines Day program that had a twist of black history month. I recently read through the new policy on clothing and I was a little disturbed by the punishment. My son is 7 and it will be very hard for any 7 year old, or 5 year old, or 6 year old, etc to keep their shirt tucked in throughout the day. The punishment for the first offense is in school suspension and goes all the way up to two days of out of school suspension. On Monday, I am sure there were many children that did not have their shirts tucked in at some point during the day. I am sure it was not purposely done, just simply b/c they are little kids that can't even keep food off their face

Posted March 20, 2007
I was very disappointed with this school. The classes were overcrowded. My son's class was 24. I called the office to talk to the principal about my son and she would not call me back even after three phone calls. The office personal were not friendly. My son's teacher was very good, but had no support and in the end I decided it would be better for my son to homeschool until we can move to a better district. The bus drivers were also rude. I would not recommend this school to anyone that cares for their children. Watch out for the Metro schools.

J. E. Moss Elementary School 3

Posted December 19, 2006
I moved to Nashville from Atlanta, GA; the faculty at Moss is very friendly for the most part, but if you're looking for parent teacher involvement this will not be the place. The elementary school puts more emphasize on the dress code of children K - 4th grade vs than the academics.

J. E. Moss Elementary School
4701 Bowfield Drive, Nashville, TN  37013
Last modified J. E. Moss Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
J. E. Moss Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top